• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Holy Moly! Give it a REST!!!

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Breed, we are both old enough to have experienced human nature and how people can be.

To say that there are not some folks that were way too attached to Bob, and thus will always only begrudgingly accept Cousins is unrealistic. Kirk ultimately is the reason Griffin didnt get another chance here. Kinda like the new guy at work who took your Buddys place. No matter how good the new guy does, you still deep down blame him for your buddy no longer being there even IF your Buddy ultimately really got fires for his own performance or lack there of. Hell when Kirk was first made the starter, there were folks hinting that it was a racial thing. Feelings like that dont just vanish. Now I havent heard it at any of the games this year, but I know quite a few times at home games last year I did hear fans openly debating that they couldnt wait for the real Kirk to show up so we could get our QB back on the field.

I was looking at the game stats and box score thinys on ESPN last night and I saw a couple pro RG3 posts. I was just glad I wasn't a member with the means to log on and reply.

I've never seen any of the regular hoop posters who've grown to wonder if Cuz is the QB for the Skins. Or any posters who have suggested in no uncertain terms to cut bait with Kirk. Speak, imply, or even hint at wanting Griffin back.

Not Country, not coach, not ehb, not dean, not me, no one. And this isn't me telling you what you should or shouldn't say. But if no one here is making pro-Griffin arguments, pining for his return or wants him back. Its akin to me pullin Patrick Ramsey's name out my ass and accusing peeps of wanting him to be the Skins QB now. And while I guess it could happen as one should never say never. As the only leftover to the ridiculous multiple drafts picks for one player trades is Snyder. And Scotty Mac is now in charge of all player personnel decisions and who gets paid what it appears. Saying a poster would prefer a similar trade that brought the Skins RG3 as opposed to retaining Cuz, well, I'll just say I don't get it.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking at the game stats and box score thinys on ESPN last night and I saw a couple pro RG3 posts. I was just glad I wasn't a member with the means to log on and reply.

I've never seen any of the regular hoop posters who've grown to wonder if Cuz is the QB for the Skins. Or any posters who have suggested in no uncertain terms to cut bait with Kirk. Speak, imply, or even hint at wanting Griffin back.

Not Country, not coach, not ehb, not dean, not me, no one. And this isn't me telling you what you should or shouldn't say. But if no one here is making pro-Griffin arguments, pining for his return or wants him back. Its akin to me pullin Patrick Ramsey's name out my ass and accusing peeps of wanting him to be the Skins QB now. And while I guess it could happen as one should never say never. As the only leftover to the ridiculous multiple drafts picks for one player trades is Snyder. And Scotty Mac is now in charge of all player personnel decisions and who gets paid what it appears. Saying a poster would prefer a similar trade that brought the Skins RG3 as opposed to retaining Cuz, well, I'll just say I don't get it.

Dude.. Im not saying an one wants Griffin back. I am saying that some peoples opinion of Cousins is tainted by HOW he became the starter. And I am saying that because some expected Griffin to be elite, the only way Cousins can live up to those expectations is to infact become elite. Like as not, the expectations of what we got out of the 2012 draft are still there. We thought we were getting a possible elite QB, so the guy who replaced him being mearly a possible franchise QB.... might not be enough for some.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to point-by-point with Breed's post, but he's missing quite a few things. For one, Cousins is NOT Scott Mitchell or any other one-year wonder like him. Osweiler started in just seven games. And Matt Flynn was a one-game wonder.

He's not Andrew Luck either.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And thats the real problem. Alot are not going to be happy with a GOOD QB we can build around, lets continue to chase elite.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But he's worth an Andrew Luck-type of a contract. Part of that's the market and part of it is that he's not that far off from Luck.

Keep in mind that Indy signed Luck to a huge deal after he got injured for a large part of the 2015 season and didn't play well in the games he was in. Cousins doesn't have nearly the number of starts as Luck but has a sharply upward trending career arc.

Time to pay the guy.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.. Im not saying an one wants Griffin back. I am saying that some peoples opinion of Cousins is tainted by HOW he became the starter. And I am saying that because some expected Griffin to be elite, the only way Cousins can live up to those expectations is to infact become elite. Like as not, the expectations of what we got out of the 2012 draft are still there. We thought we were getting a possible elite QB, so the guy who replaced him being mearly a possible franchise QB.... might not be enough for some.

Can I be a bit more blunt? Some people (not necessarily on these boards) felt that race had something to do with Griffin getting benched and then sent out of town. Those folks have engrafted their feelings on what they feel is a racial issue to Cuz. I hope there aren't any of those guys here.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sad how true this is. If it weren't for the very few of us this board would be a frightening echo chamber of homerism. Instead I dutifully carry the the name of a kirk hater despite calling for him to be our QB for over 2 years now. Makes a lot of sense doesn't it.
Cmon guys, this is bull shit. The vast majority of us, while we may disagree with your thinking, only want to understand your rationale. Honestly, ehb5, on this topic you say you think we should re sign KC, but then question if he is worth it. You guys are no more persecuted for your views that those that think KC is our best option get pegged with the "he's elite" handle. All l and many others have asked those that don't think KC is worth re-signing is what is plan B. I have yet to see one intelligent response to that question yet. Who do you bring in that can be as effective next year in this system that will be significantly cheaper? seriously, if anyone is of the belief that we don't re sign KC, that is a very legitimate question. And you can't answer it hypothetically because its a real situation. Consequently, because that question hasn't been answered, some on this board believe that there must be ulterior motives for anti KC position. I personally dont think that's the case across the board, but I do for one or two anti KC posters.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what metric, draft position?

Talent, Ability, Skillset.

Or if you'd like more tangible answers. How bout..... Reg Season Wins, Playoff Wins, Wins Against Teams With Winning Records.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent, Ability, Skillset.

Or if you'd like more tangible answers. How bout..... Reg Season Wins, Playoff Wins, Wins Against Teams With Winning Records.

All fair points, but then again why does he have to be Andrew Luck??

And unless i missed something, where are we going to find an Andrew luck??

I have shown multiple times as to where signing Cousins to a going market deal does not now, or anytime in the near future in fact fuck the team for signing other players.

What it does do is allow us to concentrate on fixing other parts of the team instead of getting back to a point where we feel the need to pull another mega trade.

Last I checked you only get a Luck type of player one of three ways

1. Suck ass at exactly the right time ( Like the Colts did)
2. Trade a buttload of picks to move up (Like Philly and the Rams, but we have had shit results doing this)
3. Just get plain licky like Dallas with Romo and Dak, Seattle with Wilson, and NE with Brady.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent, Ability, Skillset, Reg Season Wins, Playoff Wins.
Talent, ability and skill set is not a metric, its an opinion in the eye of the holder. Regular seasons wins, seeing as he has been a starter for 6 years, should be more, but his winning percentage isn't that much greater. In fact it is worse in the 2 years that KC has been the starter. But I will concede Luck does have a better win % today. Play off wins? OK. He also lost his first one, just as KC has. Do you remember how bad he was in that game? Turned the ball over a couple of times and no TDs.

Having said this, I do believe luck has more talent and more upside. But he has not by any metrics, outplayed KC in the period of KC being the starter.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon guys, this is bull shit. The vast majority of us, while we may disagree with your thinking, only want to understand your rationale. Honestly, ehb5, on this topic you say you think we should re sign KC, but then question if he is worth it. You guys are no more persecuted for your views that those that think KC is our best option get pegged with the "he's elite" handle. All l and many others have asked those that don't think KC is worth re-signing is what is plan B. I have yet to see one intelligent response to that question yet. Who do you bring in that can be as effective next year in this system that will be significantly cheaper? seriously, if anyone is of the belief that we don't re sign KC, that is a very legitimate question. And you can't answer it hypothetically because its a real situation. Consequently, because that question hasn't been answered, some on this board believe that there must be ulterior motives for anti KC position. I personally dont think that's the case across the board, but I do for one or two anti KC posters.

Its all bullshit really in a sense. QBR, QB Rating, Passing Yards, Wins, Titles.

The only truths are.....

No single man has won anything by himself in a game that has has 21 other men either playing with or against that individual on each play.

QBs usually get more credit than they deserve for wins and more blame than is warranted for losses.

All of us, every single one of us. Use and misuse stats, wins, losses, unseen things called intangibles. To support our own viewpoint. If we are fortunate enough. At times we wil be joined by others or join with others who are like-minded on a particular issue.

Whether we admit to others or even to ourselves. Sometimes our likes and dislikes of players and their performances on the field are fueled by a bias or biases we harbor for a multitude of reasons.

Sometimes our opinions will pan out, sometimes they won't.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All fair points, but then again why does he have to be Andrew Luck??

And unless i missed something, where are we going to find an Andrew luck??

I have shown multiple times as to where signing Cousins to a going market deal does not now, or anytime in the near future in fact fuck the team for signing other players.

What it does do is allow us to concentrate on fixing other parts of the team instead of getting back to a point where we feel the need to pull another mega trade.

Last I checked you only get a Luck type of player one of three ways

1. Suck ass at exactly the right time ( Like the Colts did)
2. Trade a buttload of picks to move up (Like Philly and the Rams, but we have had shit results doing this)
3. Just get plain licky like Dallas with Romo and Dak, Seattle with Wilson, and NE with Brady.

I didn't chose Luck. I toook that from anlother post by another poster. Or maybe I did and that poster used Luck as an example from my post. At this point its getting hard tio keep track or maybe the dope I smoked earlier is peaking.

All I can truthfully say right now is the blowjob I've been offered if I come back to the room and smoke more dope with a homegirl of mine. Is not as enticing to me as she thinks it is. She need a bigger mouth imo. But if I don't go to the bedroom soon. I'll be dealing with a butthurt homegirl who can be vindictive at the worst possible time. Which leads me to believe from experience that at some point in the not so faraway future. When a blowjob from her wil be more desirable than giving myself a handy or just wishing I was getting a blowjob from someone. She'll pick that time to go full on chickenhead with me.

With that said, gentlemen and fellow Redskins brethren. I shall take my leave at this time. Y'all be cool and good day to you all till we conversate again.

Peace.....................

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't chose Luck. I toook that from anlother post by another poster. Or maybe I did and that poster used Luck as an example from my post. At this point its getting hard tio keep track or maybe the dope I smoked earlier is peaking.

All I can truthfully say right now is the blowjob I've been offered if I come back to the room and smoke more dope with a homegirl of mine. Is not as enticing to me as she thinks it is. She need a bigger mouth imo. But if I don't go to the bedroom soon. I'll be dealing with a butthurt homegirl who can be vindictive at the worst possible time. Which leads me to believe from experience that at some point in the not so faraway future. When a blowjob from her wil be more desirable than giving myself a handy or just wishing I was getting a blowjob from someone. She'll pick that time to go full on chickenhead with me.

With that said, gentlemen and fellow Redskins brethren. I shall take my leave at this time. Y'all be cool and good day to you all till we conversate again.

Peace.....................
For god sakes, step away from the key board and take care of business! If I is see you respond to one more post tonight, I'm going to be very disappointed.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing:

I really and truly don't give a flying fuck if KC is signed to $20, $22, or $24 million dollars, as it is NOT MY MONEY. What I do care about is seeing competent quarterback play,something we haven't seen in 20 years, minus RG3's rookie season pre-injury in a gimmick offense.

Pay the man.
Fix the defense.
Find a rb.
Compete for.the division.

Hails yeah. If he keeps playing bollocks out then in not going to quarrel over an extra 4 or 5 million of SOMEONE ELSE'S MONEY. If it'll help I'll throw in a bucket of fried chicken?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again what are you basing this off of?? IM curious. Hell even the elites have thrown some soul crushing game ending INTs.

This explains it better.

How much do you agree with the following statement: Kirk Cousins is not a franchise quarterback, but he’s the best option the Redskins have right now?

– Name redacted

I guess that depends on your definition of a franchise quarterback. My definition of a franchise quarterback is a guy who fits well into your system, can direct that offense effectively, convert on third downs, make big throws, take over games, win you games. He’s a guy that has the unquestioned confidence of his locker room. So, that’s Kirk Cousins.

People so often confuse franchise quarterback with Hall of Fame quarterback. Kirk Cousins doesn’t have to be a Hall of Fame quarterback. Great if he does, but you can win games, division titles and make runs in the playoffs without Hall of Fame quarterbacks. Cousins runs Jay Gruden’s system to a tee. Would they like him to continue to grow? Of course. He can still get better at seeing and diagnosing coverages. He can do better at making something happen when plays break down. But in his two years as the starter, Cousins has given his team a chance. He has won games. He got them to the playoffs once, and almost did twice. Yes, he threw a game-ending interception in the biggest game of the year. But you know who else has thrown defeat-clinching interceptions in huge games? Brett Favre, Peyton Manning and a whole heck of a lot of other franchise and Hall of Fame quarterbacks.

So, I disagree with the first half of your statement, and agree with the second half. He’s both a franchise quarterback, and the best option for the Redskins.

I don't have a problem with the situation of the interception, just that he threw an interception. He played a bad game but I'm not judging him more harshly just because it was a big game. He's played plenty of good games too. I just think there's at least 10 qbs I'd take him over today.

I don't have any problem with that entire bottom of your post either.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it's not. One of them is "Why is it a bad thing to cut ties with a quarterback who's in his second year as a starter and has set franchise records in both of those years?" Not sure how to respond to that one other than to borrow that SCOTUS line "To ask the question is to answer it."

There's nothing wrong with being a 2nd year starter or setting franchise records. But saying he's only in his second year he's going to get better is a bad reason to extend him. Saying well he broke a record is a bad reason to extend. It seems you misunderstood my original post as usual.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with the situation of the interception, just that he threw an interception. He played a bad game but I'm not judging him more harshly just because it was a big game. He's played plenty of good games too. I just think there's at least 10 qbs I'd take him over today.

I don't have any problem with that entire bottom of your post either.

So Who are those ten, and how many of them are actually available to us.

Or rather, who that is available via Draft or free agency would you take over him??

And for fuck sake please dont say Tyrod Taylor.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad has asked posters like ehb to provide an alternative to Kirk. So far, neither he nor anyone has other than some garbage alternatives like Tom Savage.

I've explained why I haven't done that. It's even one of the reasons that I'm still waiting for you to defend. If Kirk isnt the guy it doesn't matter if we have a guy waiting in the wings. We shouldn't commit longterm money to somebody who isn't the guy.