• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Holy Moly! Give it a REST!!!

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again dude, if it doesnt actually pertain to you, why should it bother you. Especially if i have not even mentioned you in such context. Sure I question your rational as to why you think Cousins isnt a franchise QB especially when its pointed out he has performed as good as or better than a few other QB considered franchise QBs. But seriously, if you arent hoping he fails, and you are questioning him solely based on his merits, and not some preconceived notion of what you expected us to get out of the 2012 draft great. IN that case me bringing it up should bother you no more than some one mentioning that some black men are thugs. Its a reality, but as IM not a thug, it dont bother me once I have made the point that Im not one.

Cool beans??

Its a message board. When you say something stupid (particularly about your fellow posters) you're gonna get responses. Thats what happens. To suggest I shouldnt call your stupid accusations out simply because they arent true is ridiculous. Some of us just want to debate without loony theories being thrown around and until you get to the point where you can do that Ill gladly call you out on your crap.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats funny from the guy who couldnt offer me one single defense for his argument today.

And look it up yourself. You proved yourself incapable of reading anything I post looong ago.

Actually, I did. The fact you can't grasp that isn't my problem. In particular, I'm not going to dignify school-yard offers to support obvious propositions. For instance, does anyone have to back up the fact that Cousins is only in his second year as a starter and that we should retain someone whose career arc is trending far upward when we don't have any other options? Are you that dense?

And how about one reputable outsider that backs your view on Kirk?

You're not some RGIII apologist yourself, are you?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a message board. When you say something stupid (particularly about your fellow posters) you're gonna get responses. Thats what happens. To suggest I shouldnt call your stupid accusations out simply because they arent true is ridiculous. Some of us just want to debate without loony theories being thrown around and until you get to the point where you can do that Ill gladly call you out on your crap.

Again seems like you are a little butthurt. But its quite alright.

So lets get back on topic.

Do you think Cousins is a Franchise QB, note i said franchise not elite.

And if NOT, why not??

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again dude, if it doesnt actually pertain to you, why should it bother you. Especially if i have not even mentioned you in such context. Sure I question your rational as to why you think Cousins isnt a franchise QB especially when its pointed out he has performed as good as or better than a few other QB considered franchise QBs. But seriously, if you arent hoping he fails, and you are questioning him solely based on his merits, and not some preconceived notion of what you expected us to get out of the 2012 draft great. IN that case me bringing it up should bother you no more than some one mentioning that some black men are thugs. Its a reality, but as IM not a thug, it dont bother me once I have made the point that Im not one.

Cool beans??

What an interesting observation? I wonder what non-merit basis ehb would be using to judge Cousins? I can only imagine.

Great response, by the way, shark.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And if NOT, why not??

Im sure.

Meh. I dont even know what ID define as a franchise QB. Id say maybe but Im not convinced he is right now. Very vague term though.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I did. The fact you can't grasp that isn't my problem. In particular, I'm not going to dignify school-yard offers to support obvious propositions. For instance, does anyone have to back up the fact that Cousins is only in his second year as a starter and that we should retain someone whose career arc is trending far upward when we don't have any other options? Are you that dense?

And how about one reputable outsider that backs your view on Kirk?

You're not some RGIII apologist yourself, are you?

If its so obvious to you why Im wrong youd think you wouldve been able to defend those reasons. Yet here I sit waiting on even an attempt. And no your cute little analogy doesnt count as an argument. Its beyond moronic and doesnt address even a single one of the reasons I listed.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure.

Meh. I dont even know what ID define as a franchise QB. Id say maybe but Im not convinced he is right now. Very vague term though.

Actually its not if you compare him to his peers.

Matthew Stafford is considered a Franchise QB by about 80% of the NFL Universe

So is Alex Smith, So is Carson Palmer even though he is a bit long in the tooth.

Matt Ryan as well ( and yes I admit Ryan is a bit better than Cousins)

Flacco is considered a Franchise QB

As is Andy Dalton

Now sure there are a muddle of young guys who might turn out better, and a few young guys already considered better.

But take out your Elites or borderline elites

Brady, Brees, Eli Manning, Luck, Wilson, Carr, Wentz, Rogers, Rothlisbooger (yes I hate him),

Minus those nine, and get rid of the young guys we have no shot at getting.... Name me three available QBs you think would do as good or better??

To me a franchise QB is a guy who gives you a realistic shot of winning more often than not, a guy you can build the team around. Now does he need improvement in some areas, sure he does. But then again thats why he isnt elite.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its so obvious to you why Im wrong youd think you wouldve been able to defend those reasons. Yet here I sit waiting on even an attempt. And no your cute little analogy doesnt count as an argument. Its beyond moronic and doesnt address even a single one of the reasons I listed.

Sure. What's moronic is expecting someone to explain some obvious things that speak for themselves. This is elementary playground stuff. "Hey, why is it a good thing that your mom loves you?" You don't answer that type of insanity. Same thing with "Why is it a bad thing to cut ties with a quarterback who's in his second year as a starter and has set franchise records in both of those years?"

Not to plagiarize shark, but I love this response.

And if NOT, why not??

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually its not if you compare him to his peers.

Matthew Stafford is considered a Franchise QB by about 80% of the NFL Universe

So is Alex Smith, So is Carson Palmer even though he is a bit long in the tooth.

Matt Ryan as well ( and yes I admit Ryan is a bit better than Cousins)

Flacco is considered a Franchise QB

As is Andy Dalton

Now sure there are a muddle of young guys who might turn out better, and a few young guys already considered better.

But take out your Elites or borderline elites

Brady, Brees, Eli Manning, Luck, Wilson, Carr, Wentz, Rogers, Rothlisbooger (yes I hate him),

Minus those nine, and get rid of the young guys we have no shot at getting.... Name me three available QBs you think would do as good or better??

To me a franchise QB is a guy who gives you a realistic shot of winning more often than not, a guy you can build the team around. Now does he need improvement in some areas, sure he does. But then again thats why he isnt elite.

Im not sure what the first half of this post is for. Theres no set definition for franchise QB. I dont really care how many people think Stafford is or isnt a franchise QB.

I dont think Id swap Cousins for any available QBs. Maybe Romo or Cutler could do the job as well or better but theres obvious reasons not to go down that road.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. What's moronic is expecting someone to explain some obvious things that speak for themselves. This is elementary playground stuff. "Hey, why is it a good thing that your mom loves you?" You don't answer that type of insanity. Same thing with "Why is it a bad thing to cut ties with a quarterback who's in his second year as a starter and has set franchise records in both of those years?"

Not to plagiarize shark, but I love this response.

Yea nice excuse for giving no reasons. Again - this should be easy for you cuz its apparently so simple. I'll be waiting.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure what the first half of this post is for. Theres no set definition for franchise QB. I dont really care how many people think Stafford is or isnt a franchise QB.

I dont think Id swap Cousins for any available QBs. Maybe Romo or Cutler could do the job as well or better but theres obvious reasons not to go down that road.

The first part of the post is to say, you need to define a franchise QB before you can deem some one is or isnt a franchise QB.

Now we have defined Elite Manning (Peyton, not Eli), Brady, Rogers, Marino,.

YOU judge a QB against his peers, the guys I listed are Kirks peers if he wants to be considered a franchise QB. Most if not all of those guys are considered franchise QBs, not by just their team, but by the NFL community at large for the most part. Or do you disagree??

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea nice excuse for giving no reasons. Again - this should be easy for you cuz its apparently so simple. I'll be waiting.

You're still too dense to get this, aren't you? Let me help you out with what the Supreme Court stated when confronting an issue like the one that you're posing. "To ask the question is to answer it." Sykes v. U.S., 564 U.S. 1, 32-33 (2011). It's basically their pithy way of saying that we're not addressing a question that is too stupid a provide a response to. Same here.
http://www.lexis.com/research/xlink?app=00075&view=full&searchtype=get&search=564+U.S.+1%20at%2032
I'm glad that I'm not the only here that's dealing with the insanity you're doling out here.

Carry on, shark. :thumb:

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first part of the post is to say, you need to define a franchise QB before you can deem some one is or isnt a franchise QB.

Now we have defined Elite Manning (Peyton, not Eli), Brady, Rogers, Marino,.

YOU judge a QB against his peers, the guys I listed are Kirks peers if he wants to be considered a franchise QB. Most if not all of those guys are considered franchise QBs, not by just their team, but by the NFL community at large for the most part. Or do you disagree??

I think he's in that middle third of starters so he's in the mix with some of those guys you mentioned.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the coy bit. It's okay if you have a better QB. I am game for change if you can improve the team. Who do you have or is this just a bitching session? It is cool if you just want to bitch but then you should say I just feel like bitching. I don't get the point of the threads is not to provide a solution. :noidea:

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're still too dense to get this, aren't you? Let me help you out with what the Supreme Court stated when confronting an issue like the one that you're posing. "To ask the question is to answer it." Sykes v. U.S., 564 U.S. 1, 32-33 (2011). It's basically their pithy way of saying that we're not addressing a question that is too stupid a provide a response to. Same here.
I'm glad that I'm not the only here that's dealing with the insanity you're doling out here.

Carry on, shark. :thumb:

Except that what I'm asking you to defend is not obvious. And so I continue to wait. Although at this point I'm not even sure you know what you're supposed to be defending.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that what I'm asking you to defend is not obvious. And so I continue to wait. Although at this point I'm not even sure you know what you're supposed to be defending.

Sure it's not. One of them is "Why is it a bad thing to cut ties with a quarterback who's in his second year as a starter and has set franchise records in both of those years?" Not sure how to respond to that one other than to borrow that SCOTUS line "To ask the question is to answer it."

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's in that middle third of starters so he's in the mix with some of those guys you mentioned.

Again what are you basing this off of?? IM curious. Hell even the elites have thrown some soul crushing game ending INTs.

This explains it better.

How much do you agree with the following statement: Kirk Cousins is not a franchise quarterback, but he’s the best option the Redskins have right now?

– Name redacted

I guess that depends on your definition of a franchise quarterback. My definition of a franchise quarterback is a guy who fits well into your system, can direct that offense effectively, convert on third downs, make big throws, take over games, win you games. He’s a guy that has the unquestioned confidence of his locker room. So, that’s Kirk Cousins.

People so often confuse franchise quarterback with Hall of Fame quarterback. Kirk Cousins doesn’t have to be a Hall of Fame quarterback. Great if he does, but you can win games, division titles and make runs in the playoffs without Hall of Fame quarterbacks. Cousins runs Jay Gruden’s system to a tee. Would they like him to continue to grow? Of course. He can still get better at seeing and diagnosing coverages. He can do better at making something happen when plays break down. But in his two years as the starter, Cousins has given his team a chance. He has won games. He got them to the playoffs once, and almost did twice. Yes, he threw a game-ending interception in the biggest game of the year. But you know who else has thrown defeat-clinching interceptions in huge games? Brett Favre, Peyton Manning and a whole heck of a lot of other franchise and Hall of Fame quarterbacks.

So, I disagree with the first half of your statement, and agree with the second half. He’s both a franchise quarterback, and the best option for the Redskins.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the coy bit. It's okay if you have a better QB. I am game for change if you can improve the team. Who do you have or is this just a bitching session? It is cool if you just want to bitch but then you should say I just feel like bitching. I don't get the point of the threads is not to provide a solution. :noidea:

Dad has asked posters like ehb to provide an alternative to Kirk. So far, neither he nor anyone has other than some garbage alternatives like Tom Savage.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey ehb, how about this for my answer.

How much do you agree with the following statement: Kirk Cousins is not a franchise quarterback, but he’s the best option the Redskins have right now?

– Name redacted

I guess that depends on your definition of a franchise quarterback. My definition of a franchise quarterback is a guy who fits well into your system, can direct that offense effectively, convert on third downs, make big throws, take over games, win you games. He’s a guy that has the unquestioned confidence of his locker room. So, that’s Kirk Cousins.

People so often confuse franchise quarterback with Hall of Fame quarterback. Kirk Cousins doesn’t have to be a Hall of Fame quarterback. Great if he does, but you can win games, division titles and make runs in the playoffs without Hall of Fame quarterbacks. Cousins runs Jay Gruden’s system to a tee. Would they like him to continue to grow? Of course. He can still get better at seeing and diagnosing coverages. He can do better at making something happen when plays break down. But in his two years as the starter, Cousins has given his team a chance. He has won games. He got them to the playoffs once, and almost did twice. Yes, he threw a game-ending interception in the biggest game of the year. But you know who else has thrown defeat-clinching interceptions in huge games? Brett Favre, Peyton Manning and a whole heck of a lot of other franchise and Hall of Fame quarterbacks.

So, I disagree with the first half of your statement, and agree with the second half. He’s both a franchise quarterback, and the best option for the Redskins.

Happy?

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again what are you basing this off of?? IM curious. Hell even the elites have thrown some soul crushing game ending INTs.

This explains it better.

– Name redacted

Great response by Mike Jones. I've adopted that as my answer to ehb.