• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hold on to Hyde or grab Asista?

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Asista is a free agent and I have Hyde as my 4th RB. Is it worth grabbing him or, should I hold onto Hyde in hopes that he eventually takes over for Gore in SF?

I'm figuring to stick with Hyde as I think he will eventually be the guy in SF. Gore has to eventually run out of gas one of these days.

What does everyone else thing?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Asista is a free agent and I have Hyde as my 4th RB. Is it worth grabbing him or, should I hold onto Hyde in hopes that he eventually takes over for Gore in SF?

I'm figuring to stick with Hyde as I think he will eventually be the guy in SF. Gore has to eventually run out of gas one of these days.

Very tricky question. The consensus on asiata is that he is a short term answer, many see McKinnon to be the playmaker and will likely get more and more involved as the season goes.

Hyde is the same as McKinnon in that they will likely get involved more as the season goes on. But Hyde has the potential and on the team that may allow him to be a rb1.

So the to answer your question, it all depends on if you need immediate results.

If you have decent other choices on your roster I would keep Hyde. If you have nobody to play then I would go asiata.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming everything goes as planned, will you ever be needing to start your 4th Rb? Do you have bye week issues that would force you to do so? If not, I'd rather have Hyde, they guy that will likely produce more if pressed into service. Asiata might already have the touches, but his production ain't much, so you won't ever WANT to start him. But, if you foresee needing to have someone in the lineup who is guaranteed touches, go get him.
It's more of a need based question than it is just simply who would you rather have.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If keeper for sure do not drop...if not only if desperate and if he is your number 4. Then keep Hyde

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have McCoy and Ball as my RB1 and RB2. Someone dropped Steven Jackson last week and I was fortunate enough to pick him up when I moved Ingram to IR. I haven't checked all the bye weeks so, I'm not 100% sureif I will really get to use my RB4 this season or not. If injuries come along things could change really fast.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have McCoy and Ball as my RB1 and RB2. Someone dropped Steven Jackson last week and I was fortunate enough to pick him up when I moved Ingram to IR. I haven't checked all the bye weeks so, I'm not 100% sureif I will really get to use my RB4 this season or not. If injuries come along things could change really fast.
No obvious injury concerns with McCoy or Ball.. but a huge one with SJAX..Denver bye is 4, Eggles 7, Falcons 9. So no issues there, but does Sjax make it to week 7? Or 4 even? You might wanna make this move, although I'd sure hate to do it

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to clear something up, we only start two running backs.

I'm not too concerned with S'Jax's health. If he goes down I should be able to grab his back up, as no one has him and I doubt he is on their radar.

Also, Ingram should be back before then if everything goes as planned.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to clear something up, we only start two running backs.

I'm not too concerned with S'Jax's health. If he goes down I should be able to grab his back up, as no one has him and I doubt he is on their radar.

Also, Ingram should be back before then if everything goes as planned.

Devonta Freeman is on a lot of people's radar, in fact he's owned in a lot of leagues. Ingram just had two screws inserted into his hand. . Dude's gonna miss at least 3 weeks, possibly a month (5wks), which gets him somewhere between wk6 and week 8, which should be fine for when Jacksons off week is around, but questionable at best for the other 2. I'm definitely not trying to talk you into this, just covering the variables

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was under the impression that Freeman was way down in the depth chart for some reason. If that's the case and there is a lot of uncertainty of whom would take over when SJax goes down, isn't it best to wait it out? Gore could go down before SJax for all we know.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was under the impression that Freeman was way down in the depth chart for some reason. If that's the case and there is a lot of uncertainty of whom would take over when SJax goes down, isn't it best to wait it out? Gore could go down before SJax for all we know.

Sure who knows. . But history is the only indicator we can go by, and it says Jackson is more likely to miss time than Gore.

As for Freeman, yes he's listed third/firth on the depth chart. But, they've already learned that Quizz is not an every down kind of guy. . Can't get the job done. And the other guy, is about the same, although unproven. Freeman is a more all around kind if guy, runs hard and angry, my money is on him getting the carries most of the time when Jackson goes down.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will give him a shot at some point asiata is a fullback really

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a more natural athletic freak. . Bigger playmaking ability. . But, very raw.. could be great, could be Bryce Brown.

Yeah, hes an athletic freak. But he's also not a shifty runner, he can't break tackles, he's not a good receiver out of the backfield, and he doesn't run with his pads close to the ground. If he becomes a good football player, it won't be this year. I don't care how athletic you are, if you aren't talented at any of those things, you won't be good in the nfl.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ur previous post described asiata too

I see asiatta as the polar opposite actually. He runs like a running back should, but he's not much of an athletic freak. That's why his upside is very limited.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If this is a keeper league then keep Hyde. If not, I wouldn't wait around for Gore to break down, the guy has been on his last leg for several years. Ball has a bye next week so Asista will still be carrying the mail when you are going to need a filler. Personally, I think he may be a better play (at home vs ATL) than Sjax (away vs MIN). .... but that's just me.