• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hold on to Hyde or grab Asista?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd drop SJax for Asiata before I'd drop Hyde for Asiata..................week 1 Hyde got way more run than I thought he should and did well with it. Gore is the man there but so far what I have seen Hyde looks better.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. McKinnon is a project at best.
Well they've already stated they'll give them both a shot this week, and how to "ride the hot hand", granted quite possibly coachspeak, but just considering it at this point, there will be a day, soon, when he does actually get that shot. And if he cashes in? Be better to have him now and drop him if it doesn't come to be then to face him in the playoffs

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd drop SJax for Asiata before I'd drop Hyde for Asiata..................week 1 Hyde got way more run than I thought he should and did well with it. Gore is the man there but so far what I have seen Hyde looks better.
I considered saying the same thing. . But just couldn't bring myself to put the old man down like that

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see this guy get 7-10 touches then maybe we'd have a better idea of what he can do going forward.

(FFToday)A stout, relatively durable back (5-11, 234), Matt Asiata is the best equipped of the Vikings' current backfield to take on the heavy dosage Peterson typically commanded. Although rookie Jerick McKinnon is also expected to see an expanded role. Running backs coach Kirby Wilson graded McKinnon well in his first extended time against the Patriots, McKinnon said, though there's certain areas he needs to work on that don't involve carrying the football.
Analysis: St. Paul Pioneer Press beat writer Chris Tomasson tweeted earlier today that Turner will use both backs and could lean on one if he develops a "hot hand". McKinnon graded out well in Week 2, has reportedly picked up the playbook quickly and is the superior athlete, but it seems a bit much to ask of him to go from a jack-of-all-trades option quarterback at a FCS school to NFL lead back in less than one year. Nevertheless, he's a worthwhile stash as the situation sorts itself out.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update:

Someone grabbed Asista earlier, dropping Shonn Green.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In ten team leagues, I grabbed asiata. In the twelve team league where running backs are very sparse, I added McKinnon after asiata was claimed just in case I'm wrong. I think IF turner does mean what he says when he says he'll feed the hot hand, it means that McKinnon has a chance to run away with the job. I don't think asiata will have much of a hot hand. At best I think he'll average 3-4 yards per carry and McKinnon has the athleticism to make a few big plays.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Hyde owner I agree. Hyde could
BE sneaky good at the end of the year