• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Hockey town vists Football town for baseball?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is how they're going to show up down the stretch I see no reason to watch.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better hope Oakland and / or Seattle win tonight. We haven't got much help lately, but I bet one of them comes through for us tonight.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So umm I just got home only to see us losing 6-1....

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much air in our balloons tonight

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So umm I just got home only to see us losing 6-1....
Yep, bitten by our complete ineptitude with RISP... this time with the bases loaded, 0 outs, and 0 runs scored.

And like clockwork, the half inning after we waste a bases loaded opportunity, the other team puts up big numbers.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, bitten by our complete ineptitude with RISP... this time with the bases loaded, 0 outs, and 0 runs scored.

And like clockwork, the half inning after we waste a bases loaded opportunity, the other team puts up big numbers.

I honestly don't even know what to say. That ineptitude by Elvis and odor is unacceptable. There is absolutely no excuse for that shit. If we lose the division, look to that moment.

spicesadie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh great they have Scheppers warming up....

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You seem to think an implosion is about to happen. I just don't see it. This team has fought tooth and nail since the all star break to get into this position and I don't think they will let all of that hard work slip away over the course of 7 measly days. The Rangers just got back from a 4-2 road trip, we just threw 2 pitchers recently off tommy John to the best home team in the league in a fucking joke of a ball park. Tonight we are losing to a team with a former cy young winner on the hill and a triple crown winner. At least we are getting the Verlander game out of the way now. The next 2 games should be there for the taking. I still believe that, given a very strong sample size, the Astros are a terrible road team and won't have a 6-1 or 5-2 road trip. In addition, I know that the Angels series scares you guys, but if the magic number is 4 or less when they come in, we just need a damn split. I still think this thing is ours to lose and we're going to be fine.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't even know what to say. That ineptitude by Elvis and odor is unacceptable. There is absolutely no excuse for that shit. If we lose the division, look to that moment.
Elvis and Odor are both very immature with very low baseball IQ's. They play solely by instinct. Sometimes that instinct makes them look really good, like when Elvis steals home or Odor throws out the lead runner at 3rd. Other times it makes them look like brain-dead morons.

A savvy veteran hitter sees Verlander walk Hamilton to load the bases. He thinks "I'm going to work this at-bat and make this wild pitcher beat me. I'm eventually going to get a good pitch to hit."

Elvis and Odor go up there already picturing the crowd cheering them for a bases-clearing double and all they're thinking is "swing, swing, swing".

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck my life...... 2-0 Astros already. The mariners have been a huge disappointment since they left Arlington. I thought they were a tough team, but not one lick of help. Swept by the Angels and already down to the Astros.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've about had it with Elvis. I really have. Wtf was that half-ass throw?!?!

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck my life...... 2-0 Astros already. The mariners have been a huge disappointment since they left Arlington. I thought they were a tough team, but not one lick of help. Swept by the Angels and already down to the Astros.
What did you expect?

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I told you don't expect the Astros to lose just because they're going on the road. They haven't been on the road all year with this much at stake. I expect them to win both series, and wouldn't be surprised if they win 5 of 6.

They also miss Hernandez and Iwakuma.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told you don't expect the Astros to lose just because they're going on the road. They haven't been on the road all year with this much at stake. I expect them to win both series, and wouldn't be surprised if they win 5 of 6.

They also miss Hernandez and Iwakuma.

We'll see how they handle losing one of their big bats playing NL baseball. Should be a big problem for them, since they are so dependent on home runs. Another factor is both Seattle and Arizona have spacious ball parks.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately Seattle doesn't beat anyone in the AL West...expect for Texas. They beat the shit out of Texas.

And why wouldn't we be worried about an implosion? 5 game lead with 9 games to play. Yep, pulled that same feat off just 3 seasons ago. This franchise knows all too well about choking in the biggest moments.

So yes, I'm dreading this week. Could be another epic historical collapse for the Rangers.

Really, really hoping this team is made of something different!

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see how they handle losing one of their big bats playing NL baseball. Should be a big problem for them, since they are so dependent on home runs. Another factor is both Seattle and Arizona have spacious ball parks.
And another factor is we have to win no matter what anyone else does

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And another factor is we have to win no matter what anyone else does

You keep saying this, but the reality of the situation is that unless the Rangers are playing games in the playoffs, the other games have an effect on the outcome of our season. I think it's natural to start looking at the out of town score board while your team is getting your ass kicked.