• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HOCKEY MAFIA ALERT

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he can burn this place down too?

I like him but he gets carried away with his fucking around.

Probably deserves a second chance though.

Where is that Calgary Pat?
His Flames have started the season en fuego

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#FreeCanuckeh

We understand that you guys like each other and Caunck is a good guy but he got infected with the anti-SportsHoopla ick and he already had a second chance.

Anyway, what happened to that little place he was recruiting everyone to leave here and go to? It's gone and now he wants back? Not gonna happen.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We understand that you guys like each other and Caunck is a good guy but he got infected with the anti-SportsHoopla ick and he already had a second chance.

Anyway, what happened to that little place he was recruiting everyone to leave here and go to? It's gone and now he wants back? Not gonna happen.

But what if we throw in 3 bucks and a really nice Casio?

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A weeks worth of lunchables or a gift card for some of NY's finest street meat?

I'll get him a kabob from the guy on the corner of 31st and 7th near the Garden. Good Stuff

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll get him a kabob from the guy on the corner of 31st and 7th near the Garden. Good Stuff

I used to go to Dallas BBQ before Knicks games. Those guys still open?

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. At least they were 2 years ago. Haven't gone in a while.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So come on let the guy back in but punish him. Make him read all of Jack Bauers posts and write you a 10 page, single space report on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I haven't heard personally that he wants back.

Yup, that place died. I suspect he had a hand in it in the end. If only because he was once again at odds with a moderator. Deja vu all over again?

I kind of like SportsHoopla.

I do find though that disagreement here gets you labelled a troll quickly though. Especially in the NFL side of things.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So come on let the guy back in but punish him. Make him read all of Jack Bauers posts and write you a 10 page, single page report on it.

I think the next statement is the answer.

I haven't heard personally that he wants back.

He didn't like it here and made that known.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We shouldn't go throwing falsehoods around here. He hasn't asked anybody to do anything as far as I know, and for all we know he may not want back at all.

But if we're being completely fair here, I as well as numerous others wouldn't be at the Hoop were it not for him letting us know about it, and while I doubt it's a lot in the grand scheme of things that is still increased traffic for the site.

I tend to stick to the hockey boards and I'd say by and large it's been an enjoyable experience, and I have no idea what goes on elsewhere on this site so I can't speak to any anti-anything that might've been going on, but unless the guy was making racist or sexually offensive remarks, or threatening people, or spamming with advertisements for his West Coast Lawn Bowling Invitational Tournament (and having known him for as long as I have I am quite certain he was doing none of the above) maybe banning him permanently was more a reactionary move than anything else?

You guys got a pretty good setup here, it seems to be a pretty popular place and while not being dumb enough to pretend to know your financials I'm guessing the place is doing well enough to stay afloat comfortably. If banning him was about protectionism as you seemed to be inferring, I'd just say the best way to keep a site popular is to showcase the content within it and not give a shit about what the rest are doing. Nuck may not have been everybody's cup of tea but I doubt he was offending anybody other than the extremely thin-skinned, and I would know - I'm a Leaf fan and the man wakes up in the morning with visions of torturing my soul dancing in his head.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the next statement is the answer.

He didn't like it here and made that known.

I never had a problem with the guy...he's the reason I'm here since FanNation closed down. Sounds like he butchered someone's pet. What the hell happened?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if we're being completely fair here, I as well as numerous others wouldn't be at the Hoop were it not for him letting us know about it, and while I doubt it's a lot in the grand scheme of things that is still increased traffic for the site.

True dat.

Told me about The Hoop.

But that was back in the days of wine and roses..