• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HOCKEY MAFIA ALERT

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that like it means more than jack shit.

Making the playoffs means SFA. It's pratically by default as long as you win a few games.

I have a hard time watching seriously until the playoffs and elimination are imminent.

Until then it is almost meaningless. Which is why pools and fantasy crap exist.

Somebody pee in your oatmeal this morning, Hank? I was just responding to the post that was inquiring why the Habs have had a tough time recording victories in Alberta (last night was the first Habs win in Calgary in 12 years).

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody pee in your oatmeal this morning, Hank? I was just responding to the post that was inquiring why the Habs have had a tough time recording victories in Alberta (last night was the first Habs win in Calgary in 12 years).

Absolutely not. A wee bit sick and working from home. And notice my "description" under my name. Just me being me.

But I still say just cause as team made the playoffs doesn't mean squat. Especially if you use that as an argument for competitiveness in a regular season road trip either way.

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I still say just cause as team made the playoffs doesn't mean squat. Especially if you use that as an argument for competitiveness in a regular season road trip either way.

The original premise posted above was it was that the Habs have had difficulty in recent years regarding victories in Alberta (and especially in Calgary). In order to make the playoffs, you need to record wins (or at least earn enough points to be top 8 in your conference during the regular season). I used "the Flames making the playoffs up until 2009-10" as a way to illustrate that they were a decent team during the regular season. They haven't been that good since then, yet the Habs up until last night haven't been able to record a win in Calgary (and Carey Price stole two points last night, the Habs were dominated throughout the game last night).

Hopefully, that clears it up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully, that clears it up.

Didn't need clearing up.

I understood what you said and why.

You don't seem to understand me though, regardless if I was "on topic" or not.

Regular season good is nothing. Ask the Canucks or Sharks.