• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hits & Misses

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if anyone has started this thread yet for this year, but figured I would pop a few of mine out here

HITS
RoJo - had a bunch of shares, didn't really reach for him, had a good year. Was completely avoided by lots of folks on draft day, both around here and in my home leagues

J Taylor - took a bit to get it going, one of top RBs when it counted

Brady - didn't have a lot, but had a few, and figured his old man arm would be just fine with Arians & those TB weapons

Thielen - on multiple teams, was a bit hit or miss, but scored a lot of TDs

MISSES
Gallup - thought he'd get more targets from Dak, kinda showed up a bit with Dalton, still like the talent

Diggs - felt like he was going too high in some of my drafts, way wrong

Irv Smith - still waiting on that breakout season, think we're getting closer!!!

MIN backup RBs - thought Boone would be involved, Mattison kinda sucked when Dalvin missed time, but that still didn't open anything up for Boone

Woods - had a nice season, finished around WR 14-15 when I was getting him around WR 22-24 on draft day, but thought he'd be around 1200yds vs 900. I blame Goff, lol

Feel free to join in, or even remind me of some of my other ones from last summer!

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hits-
I had decent year so I had a few hits.
-Diggs in the 4th round
-Metcalf in mid rounds
-J Jefferson in late rounds
-J Burrow and Herbert very late in drafts

Misses-
-Mostert, Gibson and Gurley- all due to injuries

Most of my hits were WRs. Most of my misses were RBs. What to learn from this?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HITS
D. Adams (knew he'd be good but far exceeded expectations)
M. Evans (same as Adams)
M. Gaskin
McKissic (paired with Gibson was able to play both a number of times, and standalone with Gibson shelved)
T. Boyd (until Burrows got hurt)
K. Hunt (kind of spotty but was a great catch early in the season)

Misses
M. Ryan (sucked without Julio)
J. Jones (VERY down yr)
Garoppollo (hurt and wasn't useful otherwise)
All TE's (Higbee mainly)
R. Mostert (hurt too damn much)
A. Rodgers (avoided him everywhere - mistake)
J. Herbert (traded him in dynasty - bad move)
R. Wilson (started well but turned to crap when needed down the stretch)
J. Mixon (injured and just not what I expected from him when healthy)
J. Robinson (was too slow on waivers to grab him in dynasty - damn you Treff)
S. Diggs (avoided him going to BUF - big mistake)

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know, most of my teams ended up kinda vanilla, which isn't normal fer me so my hits weren't that great but just good enough. You'll see.........lol.

Hits
Wilson-That first half of the season got me into 2 playoffs pretty much by themselves
Rivers-I started him 5 times, and I won 4 times with one of his starts still in question.
Thielen-3 of 5 teams and wanted him on all

Misses
Diggs-No way was I paying the asking price on draft day. Boy was that a mistake!
DK-Missed on him on every draft.
Mostart-Really thought he would be the man. Even when healthy, still had too many mouths to feed.

I have more but want to watch the game.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - I forgot to add that I passed on J. Allen (who I had ranked above Ryan (which made it that much worse)

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hits
Derrick Henry
James Robinson
Justin Jefferson
A. Gibson
NOT taking Kenyan Drake high
NOT taking CEH high

Misses
Not buying on Aaron Rodgers
Selling on Kamara
L. Jackson
A. Jones-not his fault, F you Rodgers
Chris Godwin..also not his fault F you A. Brown

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOT taking Kenyan Drake high
NOT taking CEH high

forgot about these 2, and I was in the same boat as you - just couldn't rationalize taking either of those guys where they were projected with CEH making his way into the 1st round and Drake early 2nd in redraft leagues

imagine passing on Henry/Dalvin/etc to draft CEH, yuck

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hits:
David Montgomery - slow start but really hit stride the second half of the year
James Robinson - however he was a FA pickup but ill take it
Adam Thielen - scored a lot of TDs as previously mentioned
Steelers Defense - hit and miss based on the part of the season but before Dupree injury they got lots of points
Robert Tonyan - the dude scored double digit TDs at the always shaky TE position

Misses:
Josh Jacobs really disappointed me but I think Oakland didn't use him properly and favored pass catchers too much
Gallup - same as previously mentioned
Preston Williams - just hasn't been the same since his injury and that offense is cheeks

I expected much more from Stafford but didn't have his best WR most of the year and got hurt himself.
Ben R. needs to hang them up but I also want him to force Pitt to pay him 40+ million next year

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hits:
Robert Tonyan - the dude scored double digit TDs at the always shaky TE position

think he re-signs with GB?
He saved me on one of my Jonnu teams, perfect timing of nabbing Tonyan before someone else did, and Jonnu getting hurt and disappearing from TEN game plan.

Picked him up in a dynasty as well, but was so unsure of myself, ended up trading for Logan Thomas too. Then Knox and Irv Smith started coming on at the end of the season, and I went from no TEs to having 4, lol

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think he re-signs with GB?
He saved me on one of my Jonnu teams, perfect timing of nabbing Tonyan before someone else did, and Jonnu getting hurt and disappearing from TEN game plan.

Picked him up in a dynasty as well, but was so unsure of myself, ended up trading for Logan Thomas too. Then Knox and Irv Smith started coming on at the end of the season, and I went from no TEs to having 4, lol
He’s a RFA so I think we tender him with a second round tender. We are in a bit of a bind with the cap going down. Hoping they announce a better figure than 175.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun fact about Tonyan that I saw on twitter - out of all non-RBs with over 30 targets, he was 2nd in completion percentage behind Isaiah McKenzie of the Bills. Didn't get a ton of targets, but when Rodgers looked his way, it was caught. Hopefully GB front office noticed that

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun fact about Tonyan that I saw on twitter - out of all non-RBs with over 30 targets, he was 2nd in completion percentage behind Isaiah McKenzie of the Bills. Didn't get a ton of targets, but when Rodgers looked his way, it was caught. Hopefully GB front office noticed that
The team loves him. Well the players do. He’s home grown so they know him in and out. Last year he caught ten balls for 100 yards. Massive increase in production

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with Tonyan is Rodgers is obviously going to look for Adams, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd reads. He scored 11 TD's, great...was there ever a moment you felt confident in starting him, other than week 6? Where he basically gave every fantasy owner a middle finger coming of that monster game week 4.
I'd endorse him, given the lack of suitable alternative options for anyone who doesnt own Kelce, Waller, Kittle (not even Ertz is in that list anymore :( ), but unless GB changes thier offensive philosophy, I sure wouldn't invest much in him.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd endorse him, given the lack of suitable alternative options for anyone who doesnt own Kelce, Waller, Kittle

I think this captures my sentiment perfectly.
TE prem league, I don't have one of the locked in every week guys, so whatever Tonyan brings is just as good as the hodge podge of TEs leftover.

Tonyan and Thomas finishing as TE4 and TE5 on the season was a pleasant surprise for me when I started the year with Irv/Knox.

Still holding out hope that Irv Smith or Knox become more involved for their teams as they continue to develop.
I believe their ceilings are higher than Tonyan/Logan Thomas, even though the latter two have a higher floor as it stands today.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with Tonyan is Rodgers is obviously going to look for Adams, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd reads. He scored 11 TD's, great...was there ever a moment you felt confident in starting him, other than week 6? Where he basically gave every fantasy owner a middle finger coming of that monster game week 4.
I'd endorse him, given the lack of suitable alternative options for anyone who doesnt own Kelce, Waller, Kittle (not even Ertz is in that list anymore :( ), but unless GB changes thier offensive philosophy, I sure wouldn't invest much in him.
I look at TDs unless I have one of the top TEs. He was consistent this year. On another team who knows but his role in the Packers offense is solid.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One that I forgot to mention was Rodgers. I know others mentioned him but I was very confident that he would have an MVP caliber season. I am taking that W

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One that I forgot to mention was Rodgers. I know others mentioned him but I was very confident that he would have an MVP caliber season. I am taking that W

I'll allow you to take that W....this is wild

1610725988158.png

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One big miss for me was Zeke.
With McCarthy calling the plays, i thought for sure EE would be the top rusher. Even with CMC & Barkley getting hurt, it wasnt to be.
I guess the good news is i never got a chance to draft him anyway.

Where was this thread last year when i hit on Mark Andrews?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too much to brag about.
I was glad i avoided the CEH and Drake hype.