• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Hippie, you early draft sheet

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ezra Cleveland it is, like the pick

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15 total draft picks... 8 of them being 5th round and lower, 4 of which are 7th's.

What's the point of having that many draft picks every year when half of them will struggle to make the team in the first place? Let alone do anything of significance for us. Spielman/Zimmer have never been the type to get overly lucky with many late round picks. They do once in awhile, but not nearly often enough to justify trading down as much as they do.

Although I think this is mainly Spielman's doing. I annoys me that he can get over his fetish for trading down excessively. Sometimes it makes sense, but you don't need to make a point of getting 15 draft picks a year at the expense of making sure the picks you do have are quality ones.

=SA=

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree with you GOP. Spielman says he likes to have the firepower for when he wants to move up. If I'm not mistaken, he didn't move up once this year. The best thing he did with two of the late round picks was to swap a 5th for a next rd 4th and a 6th for a next rd 5th. A smaller benefit is the fact he can fill out his free agent signings by using a 7th rd pick instead of having to convince them to sign.

Every pick after the Oregon linebacker Dye is impossible for us to know if they have a chance to make the team or not. PNK, I too was wishing they would take Tyler in the 5th.

But we are nickpicking to some degree. Just having that many picks gives you a better chance of lucking into a player and the average grade I have seen us get is an A .. After all, this was an unusual year where we had a lot of wholes to fill.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, constant trade can get annoying. I did like flipping for future higher picks when you have so much

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent draft.