• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hill Still The Starter

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin Davis shines but Jeff Fisher says Shaun Hill still starter - ESPN

This is ridiculous.

Davis just gave the Rams a win in his first start and looked better than Hill doing it too, and Fisher wants to go back to a journeyman backup QB with no potential vs sticking with Davis who can still be developed if he would just stick with him the rest of the year.

Are we going to need another ACL injury just for Fisher to be forced to play Davis?

I'm starting to think Fisher doesn't have a clue about the game these days. If Belicheat would've pulled this crap, we may never of heard of one Tom Brady.

But Belicheat did the smart thing and stuck with what was working at the time and developing his young QB vs going back to an aging vet.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be fair he HAD to roll with brady alot longer before his other option was ready

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be fair he HAD to roll with brady alot longer before his other option was ready

True, but it's not like Brady was lighting it up during that stretch.

He was managing the game and the defense was winning games.

And when Bledsoe was healthy to return, Belicheat didn't say he was the stater regardless like Fisher is doing with Hill.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be a ploy ANGEL. HC's often don't show their hand until they have to.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. Don't get your undies in a bunch over this. It's sunday night. Enjoy the win!

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill better not be the starter... Davis deserves it.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing can heal a strained quad faster than a good performance by the #3....look for Hill to start Sunday.

My question is: how long does Fisher stay with him if he and the offense struggles on Sunday?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing can heal a strained quad faster than a good performance by the #3....look for Hill to start Sunday.

My question is: how long does Fisher stay with him if he and the offense struggles on Sunday?
Funny bunc, I thought the exact opposite with Fisher announcing .... 'Hill's quad is much worse than first reported".....

I think the 'starter' should take EVERY opportunity to let the quad heal up and hold off on a start until after the bye week...

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Fisher is Hoping with the good play by Davis that it might light a fire under Hill to do better. Might make him really focus. But if Hill struggles you bring in Davis. Then Davis brings back the RAMS for a win and gives even confidence to Davis. Then Davis will be ready for the rest of the season. Of Course maybe Fisher just might knows a lot more about Davis limitations than we do. But I think the bottom line is Hill with have a quick hook if he struggles.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Fisher is Hoping with the good play by Davis that it might light a fire under Hill to do better. Might make him really focus. But if Hill struggles you bring in Davis. Then Davis brings back the RAMS for a win and gives even confidence to Davis. Then Davis will be ready for the rest of the season. Of Course maybe Fisher just might knows a lot more about Davis limitations than we do. But I think the bottom line is Hill with have a quick hook if he struggles.

I have an issue with that because Fisher is playing a dangerous game (if he actually is telling the media the truth). If he starts Hill that means Davis doesn't get the needed time to get ready for Dallas. And it works both ways. You don't start Hill if he hasn't taken any first team snaps since week 1. Fisher just needs to bite his pride and work with the kid that has more upside. Hell he does it everywhere else on the field, isn't the rams moto out with the old and in with the new?

Plus Dallas is a good defense to Davis to play against. They're not any better than TB.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was terrific to see the Rams win; especially since they could have easily lost in the waning seconds if the Bucs don't lose 10 seconds off the clock.

Davis did well and I'd like to see him start again and give Hill more time to heal. Frankly, I'd like to see Davis be the starter any way.

Bottom line is that it doesn't matter who the Rams' QB is as they are not going to be playoff bound.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was terrific to see the Rams win; especially since they could have easily lost in the waning seconds if the Bucs don't lose 10 seconds off the clock.

Davis did well and I'd like to see him start again and give Hill more time to heal. Frankly, I'd like to see Davis be the starter any way.

Bottom line is that it doesn't matter who the Rams' QB is as they are not going to be playoff bound.
I've seen on other message boards Silas that some believe Fisher wants Hill so we can tank enough to get one of those three highly touted QB's coming out in next year's draft.

Not a big conspiracy guy....

However see Red Chaos' signature.....

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen on other message boards Silas that some believe Fisher wants Hill so we can tank enough to get one of those three highly touted QB's coming out in next year's draft.

Not a big conspiracy guy....

However see Red Chaos' signature.....

Glad to hear that you're not a big conspiracy guy, Vita, especially when it's coming from fans on other message boards...They would, IMO, have about the same knowledge as I do with regard to what Fisher is thinking about... That would be zero...It will play out without regard to what anybody but Fisher decides...We'll obviously know more after the bye week...I would assume that Hill should be good to go by then...More than anything else, I don't want this to turn into a dog and pony show...I don't need that kind of bullshit ...

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to hear that you're not a big conspiracy guy, Vita, especially when it's coming from fans on other message boards...They would, IMO, have about the same knowledge as I do with regard to what Fisher is thinking about... That would be zero...It will play out without regard to what anybody but Fisher decides...We'll obviously know more after the bye week...I would assume that Hill should be good to go by then...More than anything else, I don't want this to turn into a dog and pony show...I don't need that kind of bullshit ...

Or dog or pony shit for that matter.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is just optimistic delusion if we think we're getting a decent QB in the draft next year. As long as Fisher is the head coach, and as long as Bradford can stand up without being propped up, the lovefest will continue between the two and Bradford will be back next year. Perhaps at a reduced salary, but it wouldn't surprise me if even that doesn't happen. It would be oh so typical of this organization to bring Bradford back at full salary next year. I really REALLY hope I'm wrong on this, but after seeing the same pattern of stupidity over and over again, you just get an uneasy feeling about some things--you recognize the same old mentality. If that does occur, I then make my exit stage left of this team.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is absolutely no doubt Davis should start. Hill is a journeyman. He isn't going to be the answer long term....just a stopgap. Perhaps Davis is the gem in the rough and we don't realize it. Maybe he isn't either, but we'll never know if he's on the bench. Let's remember if Trent Green had never gotten hurt, we'd probably never have found out what Curt Warner was capable of either, so there is a fair amount of logic to starting Davis over Hill. Of course logic never has been Fisher's strong suit......