• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Highest Paid Center in NFL

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I want to know is if centers are more important than running backs?

Discuss

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many years do teams have contract rights before 1st round picks gain Free Agency?

4 unless they take the option that’s part of the players 4 year contract.

We will just go around in circles and circles. Why can’t you just take the words from one of the most famous agent of our time...
“Since the 4 year contract has an option for a 5th year does that make it a 4 or 5 year deal?”
“It’s still a 4 year deal”.

What more do you want? An expert in the field told us the answer. An option for a 5th year doesn’t make it a 5 year contract.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 unless they take the option that’s part of the players 4 year contract.

We will just go around in circles and circles. Why can’t you just take the words from one of the most famous agent of our time...
“Since the 4 year contract has an option for a 5th year does that make it a 4 or 5 year deal?”
“It’s still a 4 year deal”.

What more do you want? An expert in the field told us the answer. An option for a 5th year doesn’t make it a 5 year contract.
One more time, how many years do teams hold contract rights before FA?

Please don't ignore the CBA when answering.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, every single newspaper reporter and I mean EVERY are all wrong. I specifically ask an elite agent “Does the option make it a 5 year contract” and he says “No! It’s a 4 year contract”.
But again, EVERY reporter is wrong and people who have an elite reputation as an agent in the NFL is wrong but you Schmoopy and Handi are right.
I specifically asked him does the 5th year option make it a 5 year contract and he said “NO!”.

Liar

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here’s why that’s incredibly misleading. Me and you sign one year deals. You get 2 million and no signing bonus and I get 100 million bonus and a 1 million salary. According to that you make more then me.
That's why i also posted cap hit. Every penny hits the cap and is spread out usually. You said how much less he made. I didn't know if you meant base salary or total so I posted both

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more time, how many years do teams hold contract rights before FA?

Please don't ignore the CBA when answering.

They can choose either 4 or 5 years if they take the option on their 4 year contracts. Why do you keep asking me same questions over and over and over.
Just like I said and Bus said, “A 5th year option doesn’t make it a 5 year contract”.

Now that I answered your question just answer one of mine please...

“When I specifically asked Bus does the option make it a 5 year contract” He replied, “No, it’s still a 4 year contract”. So my question is, “Do you think you know more about NFL contracts then one of the elite agents in the NFL”?

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can choose either 4 or 5 years if they take the option on their 4 year contracts. Why do you keep asking me same questions over and over and over.
Just like I said and Bus said, “A 5th year option doesn’t make it a 5 year contract”.

“When I specifically asked Bus does the option make it a 5 year contract” He replied, “No, it’s still a 4 year contract”. So my question is, “Do you think you know more about NFL contracts then one of the elite agents in the NFL”?

Fake email
Fake as fuck
You lose, AGAIN

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell, teams can choose to cut a player at anytime. If a rookie plays one season and gets cut, did he sign a one year contract?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, teams can choose to cut a player at anytime. If a rookie plays one season and gets cut, did he sign a one year contract?
:noidea:
we have to ask SUPER agent.
Hold on I'll be right back.
Going to email Mr. Buss now.

Disregard.

He already told me :nono:

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why the 5th year option thing is such a big deal. The 5th year option is required under the current CBA for 1st rounders the team controls that players rights for 5 years unless that player gets waived, retires, or gets traded. All 1st rounders sign a 4 year rookie contract with a set pay scale based on draft slot and the team has an option for a 5th year that is based on market value for that players position. Call it 4 years or 5 doesn't really matter the team controls the players destiny for 5 years unless he wants to retire early or doesn't sign his rookie deal.

edit and unlike being tagged the player can't refuse to sign his 5th year option as its part of what he agreed to when he signed the contract originally.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why the 5th year option thing is such a big deal. The 5th year option is required under the current CBA for 1st rounders the team controls that players rights for 5 years unless that player gets waived, retires, or gets traded. All 1st rounders sign a 4 year rookie contract with a set pay scale based on draft slot and the team has an option for a 5th year that is based on market value for that players position. Call it 4 years or 5 doesn't really matter the team controls the players destiny for 5 years unless he wants to retire early or doesn't sign his rookie deal.

edit and unlike being tagged the player can't refuse to sign his 5th year option as its part of what he agreed to when he signed the contract originally.

So when he signs, he’s locked in for 5 years, technically?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope. He signed a 4 year contract. Here’s were your brain is struggling. If let go at the end of 4 years their contract wasn’t shortened. So I never implied that at all. Thanks for answering my question

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have no idea why @Manster7588 gave your post a thumbs up. You specifically said all first rounders sign four year contracts. Maybe he’s getting it now??

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea why @Manster7588 gave your post a thumbs up. You specifically said all first rounders sign four year contracts. Maybe he’s getting it now??
Because he said the team has contract rights for 5 years. Isn't that what most of us have been saying?

Interesting thing quick count shows over 2/3 of the options are picked up, out of those not picked up most of those players were released before year 3.