• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL High school varsity BBQ teams

Would you have been a member of a BBQ team in high school?

• Yes

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Tater salad as a BBQ side

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just grill my chicken. Otherwise wife fries or bakes it.

But I mostly just eat skinless boneless thighs/leg meat. Fuck bones.
Sure, chicken can be prepared many ways, but this was a thread about BBQ so I kept it in that context. I don't smoke chicken often, but I do a few times a year. I have an upright barrel smoker with hooks. I just cut a whole chicken in half, season, and hang both halves on hooks and smoke for two hours. With the right wood/smoke balance it makes insanely juicy and tasty meat. Even skin on a lot of that smoke reaches the meat and flavors well down. Nice treat now and then.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, chicken can be prepared many ways, but this was a thread about BBQ so I kept it in that context. I don't smoke chicken often, but I do a few times a year. I have an upright barrel smoker with hooks. I just cut a whole chicken in half, season, and hang both halves on hooks and smoke for two hours. With the right wood/smoke balance it makes insanely juicy and tasty meat. Even skin on a lot of that smoke reaches the meat and flavors well down. Nice treat now and then.

There is a deli inside what I call the "Mexican grocery store"(Food City, they sell a lot of mexican brand stuff and mostly Mexicans go there) that smokes chicken right there as you walk in.

giphy.gif