• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

High expectations for Shell

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This part of our team has me nervous, hard to go through any season without your backs getting nicked up. I imagine to help with that issue you are going to see a lot more QB option plays since most of our QB's on the roster are athletic.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit of a stretch to compare Shell to Lynch. However, both are north-south guys.

I have no problem with placing high expectations on this kid. It is time to step up and be the man. He has the physical make-up to be special. He needs to take the next step mentally.

Maybe the year he played in this offense will allow him more comfort. I remember Noel felt more comfortable running out of the I, I'm sure it is an adjustment.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This part of our team has me nervous, hard to go through any season without your backs getting nicked up. I imagine to help with that issue you are going to see a lot more QB option plays since most of our QB's on the roster are athletic.
:scratch: Really??..you have proven running backs two deep and a stud in your 3 deep...for me its QB.......

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit of a stretch to compare Shell to Lynch. However, both are north-south guys.

I have no problem with placing high expectations on this kid. It is time to step up and be the man. He has the physical make-up to be special. He needs to take the next step mentally.

Maybe the year he played in this offense will allow him more comfort. I remember Noel felt more comfortable running out of the I, I'm sure it is an adjustment.
I don't see him as a Lynch at this point either...kind of reminds of George Rogers a little bit....big kid...good feet..

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch: Really??..you have proven running backs two deep and a stud in your 3 deep...for me its QB.......

QB? You are only nervous there cause you want your boy Crest to start and he only played a couple more snaps the us combined , I think Howard is going to beat him out anyway....We had to go four deep just this last year so if Shell and Smallwood get dinged who are we going to have left....a frosh(stud????) with no exp and walk ons. We have been talking depth for the last 3 years how could you be confident that this group will make it through the season without a walk on playing a big role?

I bet if you look around our conference most teams are 4 and 5 deep at RB on the depth chart. we are 3 deep at best.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article is correct Shell needs to break out cause he did nothing special last year, going for big yards against the likes of Kansas, T Tech and Iowa St does not mean much when you lay eggs against Tex, Baylor, TCU. Would like to see him break away from the pack a bit more this year as well, I think his longest TD run was 20 yards last season, unless he snuck one in there I do not remember.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB? You are only nervous there cause you want your boy Crest to start and he only played a couple more snaps the us combined , I think Howard is going to beat him out anyway....We had to go four deep just this last year so if Shell and Smallwood get dinged who are we going to have left....a frosh(stud????) with no exp and walk ons. We have been talking depth for the last 3 years how could you be confident that this group will make it through the season without a walk on playing a big role?

I bet if you look around our conference most teams are 4 and 5 deep at RB on the depth chart. we are 3 deep at best.

I think Crest wins it ...the kid has all the tools...Howard, after watching him last year doesn't really have the arm strength needed in this offense..I don't disagree with you that Shell needs to show some durability...but as I mentioned on a thread before he seems to get better with the more touches he gets...I think trying to run 5 backs last year hurt him some degree

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Crest wins it ...the kid has all the tools...Howard, after watching him last year doesn't really have the arm strength needed in this offense..I don't disagree with you that Shell needs to show some durability...but as I mentioned on a thread before he seems to get better with the more touches he gets...I think trying to run 5 backs last year hurt him some degree

I would agree with that to a certain point. I figured Garrison would leave, but I was hoping Buie would hang around. I think he still had something to offer. We will see, I do not think the offense will falter like it did two years ago after losing all those weapons.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Slaton a freshman when he came on the scene and took WVU to glory?

I think a freshman RB can be counted on to do big things for WVU. Noel was a pretty decent backup as a freshman. This kid from NC is supposed to be a 4 star stud.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a 3 deep back field is all the team needs...and I agree with BBW...the kid from Carolina may turn out to be the best of the bunch

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Slaton a freshman when he came on the scene and took WVU to glory?

I think a freshman RB can be counted on to do big things for WVU. Noel was a pretty decent backup as a freshman. This kid from NC is supposed to be a 4 star stud.

Hey I am not knocking the hype, but to say we are counting on a guy who has never seen the field is still Risky!

By the way Mario just ran a sub 4.3 at WVU pro day. unofficial.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't like I'm not concerned about depth at RB... I have posted my concerns about this before. But, I think our 3 deep is strong... and I unless injury rattles the corps... I like a 3 man rotation much better than what they tried to do last year.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WE have other guys who could step in if our 3 RBs all go down. We had a crowded backfield last year and tried to find carries for Buie and Garrison.

As for QB, I would like to see Sills come in and blow out the competition. He has all skills, speed and pedigree. With Crest and Howard as backups, we could run the QB more also.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WE have other guys who could step in if our 3 RBs all go down. We had a crowded backfield last year and tried to find carries for Buie and Garrison.

As for QB, I would like to see Sills come in and blow out the competition. He has all skills, speed and pedigree. With Crest and Howard as backups, we could run the QB more also.
:nono: I don't think you know how good Crest can be...he was all world here in the Maryland area....there is a reason Dana red shirted him..if he wasn't the future he would have gotten reps last year and burned the red shirt...