• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey Sty: Ready for some Taylor Heinicke crow yet?!?!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The turn-a-round time is between one and three seasons. I didn't invent this the league did.

Being a HC is all the more difficult these days because as Janet Jackson famously reminds us, it's a "What have you done for me lately" league. Owners and fanbases want their teams to be in the "chip" hunt, and even that has changed the way that playoff appearances are viewed. Simply making the playoffs isn't good enough any longer, if your team is summarily dismissed, without showing that promise of more the next time.

I predicted 5 to 6 wins this season and that still holds, If they finish with that, I believe that he'll get another season max. The good news for him under that circumstance is that next year's schedule is a lot more favorable to his staying longer because of a greater likely win percentage against lesser opponents. (No tank talk here, just factual) Again, if they finish that way I'm predicting at least 8 wins and a return of what's passing for a "dominating" defense. Failing any of this and he should be making plans for no 4th season here. At that point....

I'll call Dan after the third season, and get the authority to fire him. :D

All joking aside, what do you think that it's going to take for Rivera to see all five seasons here as HC?
Making us perennial contenders . The culture and FO in of in itself is a minimum 3 yr purge . Add to it you are about to piss off 3/4 ‘s if your fan base by changing the name ( no matter what it is ) and making it a defacto expansion team with a mediocre at best product on the field and a serial sex fondler as an owner this will take some time .

So making us perennial contenders is the ticket

If you get rid of RR then you lose your GM , scouting dept , team president and you are in for an even longer turn around

See with this name change , and banning the band , the fight song etc you are cutting off the history of this team and are forcing a total rebrand and erasing of history of this team . Now here at SportsHoopla we see only a small part of what’s going on but on social media the name change has caused a huge uproar of anti name change sentiment .

It’s affecting attendance and merchandise sales and that will affect the teams bottom line

If you are hell bent on getting rid of the logo , name , band ETC it will affect the team because the FO wants a complete break from everything redskins and they don’t want any references to it period

This affects the team and it’s growth

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making us perennial contenders . The culture and FO in of in itself is a minimum 3 yr purge . Add to it you are about to piss off 3/4 ‘s if your fan base by changing the name ( no matter what it is ) and making it a defacto expansion team with a mediocre at best product on the field and a serial sex fondler as an owner this will take some time .

If you get rid of RR then you lose your GM , scouting dept , team president and you are in for an even longer turn around

See with this name change , and banning the band , the fight song etc you are cutting off the history of this team and are forcing a total rebrand and erasing of history of this team . Now here at SportsHoopla we see only a small part of what’s going on but on social media the name change has caused a huge uproar of anti name change sentiment .

It’s affecting attendance and merchandise sales and that will affect the teams bottom line

If you are hell bent on getting rid of the logo , name , band ETC it will affect the team because the FO wants a complete break from everything redskins and they don’t want any references to it period

I really don't care what others "feel" or that they object to doing the right thing, and how they choose to mischaracterize it. The fact is, the NFL is a monster TV production and Washington, no matter what name is selected, will remain a part of that whole. People have every right to object and the team has every right to change the name in spite of those objection. WHY? because the NFL will continue! Folks who object will either continue to object, get on board, move on and eventually die out. So, no matter what, like me, I don't think that collective ownership cares either, after all, we're talking about the NFL. (Washington included)

BTW: I'm pretty sure that there have been studies done by the league and the Washington franchise regarding the potential "hit" and potential "gains" that might happen with the name change. Without much objection thus far, "gains" might be outdistancing "hits."

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't care what others "feel" or that they object to doing the right thing, and how they choose to mischaracterize it. The fact is, the NFL is a monster TV production and Washington, no matter what name is selected, will remain a part of that whole. People have every right to object and the team has every right to change the name in spite of those objection. WHY? because the NFL will continue! Folks who object will either continue to object, get on board, move on and eventually die out. So, no matter what, like me, I don't think that collective ownership cares either, after all, we're talking about the NFL. (Washington included)

BTW: I'm pretty sure that there have been studies done by the league and the Washington franchise regarding the potential "hit" and potential "gains" that might happen with the name change. Without much objection thus far, "gains" might be outdistancing "hits."
Or they could be simply taking the hit like other forms of entertainment/ news does

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I kinda don't agree with the name change hurting the brand. For the record it pains me that the name Redskins will no longer be.. for whatever reasons,, good, bad, indifferent or butt hurt,,, the name will change soon. When all the protest were happening and the kneeling for the flag BS I was pissed... swore I'd never watch another game,,, that lasted all but a few games into the season,,, maybe just one game.,, fuck, maybe I haven't missed a single NFL game on Redzone and tracking my fantasy team.

When this name changes it will create a swarm of jersey buyers, hats, logos etc etc... Nothing can stop the mega march of the NFL. I'm living proof.

And Sty,, you say you're not a fan but you constantly check scores and hope they win each game. Holmes,,, that make u a fan.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda don't agree with the name change hurting the brand. For the record it pains me that the name Redskins will no longer be.. for whatever reasons,, good, bad, indifferent or butt hurt,,, the name will change soon. When all the protest were happening and the kneeling for the flag BS I was pissed... swore I'd never watch another game,,, that lasted all but a few games into the season,,, maybe just one game.,, fuck, maybe I haven't missed a single NFL game on Redzone and tracking my fantasy team.

When this name changes it will create a swarm of jersey buyers, hats, logos etc etc... Nothing can stop the mega march of the NFL. I'm living proof.

And Sty,, you say you're not a fan but you constantly check scores and hope they win each game. Holmes,,, that make u a fan.
Your lack of dedication to a belief doesn’t mean that everyone feels that way anymore then my position being the end all either

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but ONLY if that QB is a late first round , early second round selection. Top half of the first round QB, fair or unfair have the expectation of being an immediate starter in these parts and throughout Washington football nation. Take note that I do not agree with this but agree with you that they sit no matter where drafted based upon honest evaluation.

I'm kind of at that point where the team knows Taylor Heinicke's pros and cons and that it might be time to have a true QB competition during camp next year with a new draftee, traded for, or free agent QB providing that competition. Either way, both Fitzpatrick and (QB)Allen are elsewhere.

I'm also going to have to give a bit more thought into whether or not I'd like to see another season of Heinicke at the helm. It 's important to the other players to maximize their short careers, historically speaking. Those 5 year build/rebuilds are a thing of the past and I have doubts about 3 year plans as well. This is Ron Rivera's third year coming up, and to be honest, he must produce more than a slide-in wild card berth that shows little promise towards his 4th season. TH might be a very big part of that if, he proves himself to be a more consistently good player than he has to this point.

Sty, I'm with you on TH likely only having 4 gears. I think we saw what happened in Chicago when you're forced into starting a rookie before he's ready. I was frustrated with Rivera since last year but he keeps doing just enough especially in such a toxic work environment. There's not one QB in "this" draft that i feel will make an immediate impact but wow, if they were guaranteed a sit, I'd be very excited

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry friend, you don't have the wherewithal to tell me which noun that I choose to use in defining my connection to this team nor how I choose to characterize myself.

So, without any offense intended, this has now turned into a teachable moment.

The origin of the word fan comes from fanatic. Despite its popular and regular use, I doubt that most people who are aware of its definition would want to continue referring to themselves as such. check this out.

1637816384879.png

And from this a Fan or fanatic expresses their fandom through...

1637816611480.png

Instead of all of that, I choose...

1637816802133.png

SN: Not the undergarment.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Older fans may be pissed but we are likely to still be around due to the 30-50 years we have invested. If i don't like the team name or logo I am not spending a dime. None of that hurts Snyder.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry friend, you don't have the wherewithal to tell me which noun that I choose to use in defining my connection to this team nor how I choose to characterize myself.

So, without any offense intended, this has now turned into a teachable moment.

The origin of the word fan comes from fanatic. Despite its popular and regular use, I doubt that most people who are aware of its definition would want to continue referring to themselves as such. check this out.

View attachment 283737

And from this a Fan or fanatic expresses their fandom through...

View attachment 283738

Instead of all of that, I choose...

View attachment 283739

SN: Not the undergarment.
Regarding a person who follows any team,,, well, a fan is a fan is a fan, but thanks for the english lesson,,, but my friend you still a fan, and I'm sincerely not trying to be a dick by saying that. Being on this "WFT" page as appose to say Jaguars page proves that. My wife who only watches sports if our teams (wft, nats, caps) make the playoffs is a bandwagon fan,, but still a fan. There are different degrees of fanship. It's the universal definition of any sport follower. Just having fun with this but regardless of your stance with this team I wish you a happy thanksgiving... that is if you even celebrate it, with all do respect.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your lack of dedication to a belief doesn’t mean that everyone feels that way anymore then my position being the end all either
This is true, however, I took a hard stance (at least I felt is was) with all that kneeling crap goin on, and I still have that stance btw. It pisses me off. Even when they announced they were gonna play the Black National Anthem (with much respect towards that anthem) I was disgusted with the NFL. In my mind this country has but one National Anthem that is meant for all, and even though I have never heard the BNA sang yet over the TV I was there front center for the first game played this year. Not trying to make a political statement I just needed reference that to make my point. That even being the diest hardest advocate against all that BS couldn't sway me from boycotting the NFL ( watching anyway) despite all my rhetoric (which was sincere at the time) from tuning in. I believe a lot of people fall into this category. The NFL is like a wife who is no longer the woman that you married. You hate what shes become but you just can't leave her. You just have to much invested with her. However, you are correct. I can only speak for myself.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hyperbole at its finest. He does show fight however, and that's a strong trait.

Cant disagree with that.

I hope that Cousins steps it up in big games for the vikings this year. He’s having a great year this far, no?

That’s always been the knock on him: cant win the big one…

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant disagree with that.

I hope that Cousins steps it up in big games for the vikings this year. He’s having a great year this far, no?

That’s always been the knock on him: cant win the big one…
The big issue with him is he's a stat padder. He would much rather take the sack on a 4th down and goal play that determines the game than trying to throw it into the end zone that has a chance of being intercepted.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big issue with him is he's a stat padder. He would much rather take the sack on a 4th down and goal play that determines the game than trying to throw it into the end zone that has a chance of being intercepted.

Agreed. He padded stats in DC too, especially during garbage time.

Hopefully he’ll turn the corner.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. He padded stats in DC too, especially during garbage time.

Hopefully he’ll turn the corner.
Every QB has times where they “pad stats “ and nothing is said

Trying to lead your team from way behind isn’t padding anything and he led the biggest comeback in team history . If he lost by a FG did he pad stats then ?

Also winning 5 games in a row to make the playoffs like he did is clutch

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure thing, skinsdad

The viking fan - who has probably been following his team’s qb over the last three years more closely than you have - thinks otherwise.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk can play but he just seems to panic or play real small in big or high pressure spots. I still don't understand why.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk can play but he just seems to panic or play real small in big or high pressure spots. I still don't understand why.

Let me know when the WTF finds a better QB. I'll wait ....

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me know when the WTF finds a better QB. I'll wait ....
Bruce Allen being a stubborn fool and lowballing Kirk and then not trading him when he had a 1st sitting there are separate issues from Kirk panicking in big spots.