• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey Sty: Ready for some Taylor Heinicke crow yet?!?!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe a bit. I think hes hard to compare to any one individual. ive seen Jeff Garcia, Fitz lite, Favre lite and now Romo ish.
I think he is his own guy but we often try to find a comparison. Whatever and whoever he is it would be nice to see him continue to play like he did last week.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reread what I wrote, there's no comparison being made with any of the others (Tom, Dick, And Kirk) who've donned burgundy and gold with Heinicke. Two separate thoughts. What's truly lame, is posting these when he does well, and evoking your 5th amendment right when he doesn't. I get it, it's funny as hell, but c'mon man!!

I guess that it means something different to you that he "outplayed" Brady and beat the #2 defense. Neither means anything to me primarily because I don't have as high regard for Brady (this generation's GOAT only) and real defense, factually cannot be played any longer. Remember, our defense was once highly rated, and Brady beat the hell out of them. Then everyone here but me predicted some sort of dominating season because of that defense.

I called 5 wins and it looks like I'll miss that by a game or two. (I didn't foresee a victory over Tampa Bay and Atlanta) They got extremely lucky over the Giants but that too (late offsides giving them a second chance) couldn't be predicted.

"Pleading the fifth" means not volunteering information that is self-incriminating. I have always been real with respect to TH. I've supported him when nobody else on the board has supported him.

You are reading it incorrectly.

TH has a below average arm. I've said that continuously and I've said it when he played poorly.
TH has above average moxie. I've said THAT continuously and I've said it when he played poorly.
TH has to be able to throw with anticipation in order to be successful as an NFL qb. I've also said THAT continuously and I've said it when he played poorly.

Now that he's playing well, YOU are the one who's pleading the fifth.
Tell me, Sty, what is one thing that TH does really well in your opinion?

I mean, I've shared things he doesn't do well. Do the same.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall if Jeff Garcia could escape like TH can.

I also don't particularly recall the strength of Jeff Garcia's arm.

I do think Theismann had a stronger arm than TH.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting fact, TH worked out with Garcia before joining redskins last year

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garcia is a good comparison at this point

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve heard colt McCoy as well

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting fact, TH worked out with Garcia before joining redskins last year
yeah, Sheehan was he one I heard that from. also he likened TH to Garcia then found that fact out, lol

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that's been most impressive about Taylor the last couple weeks is his making of throws that are on script, on target accurate passes.
Hopefully he can keep that going , he could be erratic from game to game

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he can keep that going , he could be erratic from game to game
Turner's playcalling and commitment to the run has helped him greatly in that regard I think. It's also helped the defense tremendously. The Skins have handily won TOP the last 2 weeks.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe a bit. I think hes hard to compare to any one individual. ive seen Jeff Garcia, Fitz lite, Favre lite and now Romo ish.
I was more referring to his moxie, competitiveness, ability to scramble, make off script plays and will the team. Joe had all those attributes and more. I think TH is just a bit more athletic than Joe was but the same fire in his viens and about the same size even. I know they took different paths to get here but damn do they remind me of each other.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they saw they were not going to win throwing 40+ times a game. Much like Gibbs did when he first came here and was trying to be Air Coryell east. After 5 games they started counting on Riggins.

Hand in hand the D has to play well so the offense doesn't have to catch up. It is all football 101 really.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Pleading the fifth" means not volunteering information that is self-incriminating. I have always been real with respect to TH. I've supported him when nobody else on the board has supported him.

You are reading it incorrectly.

TH has a below average arm. I've said that continuously and I've said it when he played poorly.
TH has above average moxie. I've said THAT continuously and I've said it when he played poorly.
TH has to be able to throw with anticipation in order to be successful as an NFL qb. I've also said THAT continuously and I've said it when he played poorly.

Now that he's playing well, YOU are the one who's pleading the fifth.
Tell me, Sty, what is one thing that TH does really well in your opinion?

I mean, I've shared things he doesn't do well. Do the same.
This is easy, Heinicke gives insight towards the type of QB that's becoming the norm. He adds a dynamic based on his ability to run with a purpose that only one other in recent memory had. This energizes the offense and makes it dangerous. He will make for a very good backup QB because he's a gamer, if the organization doesn't remain stupid about the type of QB needed. I've mentioned this many many times on this topic, perhaps you've missed them.

How am I pleading the 5th? Unlike some, I do take a position regularly and defend it when right/ admit to it when wrong. I don't stand on the sideline sniping at people in order to make myself "feel" better about my own shortcomings as a human being, or specifically as a man. (This isn't aim at you)

The issue between us is that you believe that he is/could be the answer and post these pronouncing threads when he plays well only. (I don't share that belief and thus far I'm not wrong about this) Your declarative thread starter silence is noted when he does not play well. I'm actually enjoying the emotional roller coaster ride that some are putting themselves through involving this team and its QB. I assure you that in years past, what you and some others are doing now, typified my own reactions. I no longer do this, because, truth be told, I'm just too farkin' old for all of that shit!

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love for us to draft a QB and let him SIT. If we make the playoffs again with TH starting, I'd like to see him again one more season as a starter. I've held the view this is his rookie year. He gives guys a shot to be playmakers.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love for us to draft a QB and let him SIT. If we make the playoffs again with TH starting, I'd like to see him again one more season as a starter. I've held the view this is his rookie year. He gives guys a shot to be playmakers.
I agree we HAVE to draft a rookie QB!

I can absolutely see TH being that BRIDGE QB if he continues to develop and play consistently

win/win for everyone

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is easy, Heinicke gives insight towards the type of QB that's becoming the norm. He adds a dynamic based on his ability to run with a purpose that only one other in recent memory had. This energizes the offense and makes it dangerous. He will make for a very good backup QB because he's a gamer, if the organization doesn't remain stupid about the type of QB needed. I've mentioned this many many times on this topic, perhaps you've missed them.

How am I pleading the 5th? Unlike some, I do take a position regularly and defend it when right/ admit to it when wrong. I don't stand on the sideline sniping at people in order to make myself "feel" better about my own shortcomings as a human being, or specifically as a man. (This isn't aim at you)

The issue between us is that you believe that he is/could be the answer and post these pronouncing threads when he plays well only. (I don't share that belief and thus far I'm not wrong about this) Your declarative thread starter silence is noted when he does not play well. I'm actually enjoying the emotional roller coaster ride that some are putting themselves through involving this team and its QB. I assure you that in years past, what you and some others are doing now, typified my own reactions. I no longer do this, because, truth be told, I'm just too farkin' old for all of that shit!

While I dont agree with some of what you posted, I nonetheless appreciate your willingness to write it.
Good post.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but ONLY if that QB is a late first round , early second round selection. Top half of the first round QB, fair or unfair have the expectation of being an immediate starter in these parts and throughout Washington football nation. Take note that I do not agree with this but agree with you that they sit no matter where drafted based upon honest evaluation.

I'm kind of at that point where the team knows Taylor Heinicke's pros and cons and that it might be time to have a true QB competition during camp next year with a new draftee, traded for, or free agent QB providing that competition. Either way, both Fitzpatrick and (QB)Allen are elsewhere.

I'm also going to have to give a bit more thought into whether or not I'd like to see another season of Heinicke at the helm. It 's important to the other players to maximize their short careers, historically speaking. Those 5 year build/rebuilds are a thing of the past and I have doubts about 3 year plans as well. This is Ron Rivera's third year coming up, and to be honest, he must produce more than a slide-in wild card berth that shows little promise towards his 4th season. TH might be a very big part of that if, he proves himself to be a more consistently good player than he has to this point.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but ONLY if that QB is a late first round , early second round selection. Top half of the first round QB, fair or unfair have the expectation of being an immediate starter in these parts and throughout Washington football nation. Take note that I do not agree with this but agree with you that they sit no matter where drafted based upon honest evaluation.

I'm kind of at that point where the team knows Taylor Heinicke's pros and cons and that it might be time to have a true QB competition during camp next year with a new draftee, traded for, or free agent QB providing that competition. Either way, both Fitzpatrick and (QB)Allen are elsewhere.

I'm also going to have to give a bit more thought into whether or not I'd like to see another season of Heinicke at the helm. It 's important to the other players to maximize their short careers, historically speaking. Those 5 year build/rebuilds are a thing of the past and I have doubts about 3 year plans as well. This is Ron Rivera's third year coming up, and to be honest, he must produce more than a slide-in wild card berth that shows little promise towards his 4th season. TH might be a very big part of that if, he proves himself to be a more consistently good player than he has to this point.
it would be hard to fire a guy who has 2 playoff appearances (potentially ) with this shit show . right now we are riding high with 2 good performances but a shitty performance vs seatle and they are bums again

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would be hard to fire a guy who has 2 playoff appearances (potentially ) with this shit show . right now we are riding high with 2 good performances but a shitty performance vs seatle and they are bums again
The turn-a-round time is between one and three seasons. I didn't invent this the league did.

Being a HC is all the more difficult these days because as Janet Jackson famously reminds us, it's a "What have you done for me lately" league. Owners and fanbases want their teams to be in the "chip" hunt, and even that has changed the way that playoff appearances are viewed. Simply making the playoffs isn't good enough any longer, if your team is summarily dismissed, without showing that promise of more the next time.

I predicted 5 to 6 wins this season and that still holds, If they finish with that, I believe that he'll get another season max. The good news for him under that circumstance is that next year's schedule is a lot more favorable to his staying longer because of a greater likely win percentage against lesser opponents. (No tank talk here, just factual) Again, if they finish that way I'm predicting at least 8 wins and a return of what's passing for a "dominating" defense. Failing any of this and he should be making plans for no 4th season here. At that point....

I'll call Dan after the third season, and get the authority to fire him. :D

All joking aside, what do you think that it's going to take for Rivera to see all five seasons here as HC?