• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey Sty: Ready for some Taylor Heinicke crow yet?!?!

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big issue with him is he's a stat padder. He would much rather take the sack on a 4th down and goal play that determines the game than trying to throw it into the end zone that has a chance of being intercepted.
You really believe that? That goes beyond stat padding imo. That's a dickhead move right there.

Far as stat padding goes. I'd have to measure any stat padding accusation against the 2007 Patriots. They were up on the Skins 38-7 with like 12 minutes left in the game and from midfield. Brady's chuckin the ball 35 yards downfield to Moss. With 9 minutes left in the game Brady throwing a TD pass to Welker and they weren't finished scoring that day. They beat the brakes off the Skins 52-7 that day and that was with Belichick saying he had the upmost respect for Joe Gibbs a couple days earlier. Which had me thinking WTF could've happened if Belichick didn't respect Gibbs and/or disliked him. The Pats scored 38 or more points in a game 8 times that year, 34 or more points 11 times n 34 or more points the first 8 games of the season.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant disagree with that.

I hope that Cousins steps it up in big games for the vikings this year. He’s having a great year this far, no?

That’s always been the knock on him: cant win the big one…
He lined up under guard today. You cannot make this shit up.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every QB has times where they “pad stats “ and nothing is said

Trying to lead your team from way behind isn’t padding anything and he led the biggest comeback in team history . If he lost by a FG did he pad stats then ?
Of course the game against TB wasn't stat padding. I doubt that game is a game chiller was thinking about though I could be wrrong.

Also winning 5 games in a row to make the playoffs like he did is clutch
He did that for the Vikings cuz KC never lead the Skins to 5 victories in a row.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really believe that? That goes beyond stat padding imo. That's a dickhead move right there.

Far as stat padding goes. I'd have to measure any stat padding accusation against the 2007 Patriots. They were up on the Skins 38-7 with like 12 minutes left in the game and from midfield. Brady's chuckin the ball 35 yards downfield to Moss. With 9 minutes left in the game Brady throwing a TD pass to Welker and they weren't finished scoring that day. They beat the brakes off the Skins 52-7 that day and that was with Belichick saying he had the upmost respect for Joe Gibbs a couple days earlier. Which had me thinking WTF could've happened if Belichick didn't respect Gibbs and/or disliked him. The Pats scored 38 or more points in a game 8 times that year, 34 or more points 11 times n 34 or more points the first 8 games of the season.
Today was a perfect example of what cousins is. Look at his stats and he is pretty solid, watch the game and know he was bad. Not terrible, but just kinda bad. That is Cousins in a nutshell. He looks better than he is if you don't watch the game. Stat padder.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today was a perfect example of what cousins is. Look at his stats and he is pretty solid, watch the game and know he was bad. Not terrible, but just kinda Cousins. bad. That is Cousins in a nutshell. He looks better than he is if you don't watch the game. Stat padder.
OK. I can relate to that better. Still, I don't think of him as a stat padder per se. I can relate to how @Skin'EmAll feels far as the choking goes and to how @kbso83432 feels far as the panic and/or coming up small goes. A lotta Skins fans that supported KC tallk about the defense n FG kicking coming up small when he was heere and both did at times. The FG kicking has been a millstone around the neck of this franchise, hell, going back to releasing David Akers in the late 90s. The defense did make plays while Kirk was here everybody knew though that the defense had issues. So there were gonna be games that in order for the Skins to win someone was gonna have to come up money. Right or wrong, fair or unfair, that's usually the QB. And even in games where he put up great stats something always seemed to happen. And its not always about stats. Sometimes its about situations. For example a team puts 500+ yards of offense with your QB going 41/53 for 448 yards with 3 TDs/0 INTs and like you say. That shit looks real good on a stat sheet. Then you look at another stat on the sheet where the team only went 2/5 in the redzone and 2 of those possessions ended with a funky ass 20 yd FG and 24 yd FG in a game that was lost by 5 points

I liked KC though and when I read he was going to Minny. I thought it plausible he'd have led them to a SB title by now. Though that also would've been a pain in the ass. Having to listen to Skins fans woe woe woe-ing gnashing their teeth while wearing potato sacks on how that could've been the Skins had they kept Cousins. It would've been Brad Johnson part deux all over again.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Of course the game against TB wasn't stat padding. I doubt that game is a game chiller was thinking about though I could be wrrong.

He did that for the Vikings cuz KC never lead the Skins to 5 victories in a row.
He did that on our playoff appearance year he was qb .

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Allen being a stubborn fool and lowballing Kirk and then not trading him when he had a 1st sitting there are separate issues from Kirk panicking in big spots.
The problem I have with your claim of panicking is most times you (generic) do not watch the games. You just parrot what you heard from someone else.

Last week Cousins led his team to the lead with 2:17 seconds to go, they watched his defense give up a one play 75 yard drive. Then led his team back down the field for a game winning FG to beat Green Bay. Is that panicking? Are you and the others sure about what you are talking about. I sure as fuck don't think so. I watch the games. I listen to the claims made by others. Some are true but many are not.

Because someone just said Cousins always loses games he should win I detailed several (not all) instances that wasn't true. But haters got to hate. So you take one sentence and write a career. Someone else told me he could be replaced with AJ McCarron and several other players that never did shit.

Cousins will finish very close to top 30 in yards and TDs when he retires. I don't think it makes him better than a number of QBs. It does however make him much like Jurgensen, Moon and Marino.

No, Cousins and the Vikings didn't win today. Cousins had a costly pick, Cook had a costly fumble both of which ended up costing the Vikings 14 points. Still he had a chance to tie the game at the end. This week it didn't work. Four other times this year it has. Three times ended in loss when he drove the team into FG range and a Cook fumble, Joseph missed FG and his D not being able to hold the lead. He stunk against the Browns. What QB doesn't have a bad game or two. I'd still take 23 TDs and 3 Ints.

I think he has shown enough times that your claim of panic is bullshit. Much like the way the Redskins treated him.

Back to my statement earlier ... let me know when the WTF replace him ..... I'll wait.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, the only reason I care that Cousins is not here is because it just shows once again how fucked up this organization is. He is far from the only guy they screwed the pooch on.

Years ago I sort of hoped Navarro Bowman (a family friend) would somehow end up here but deep down I didn't want him to have to come to a shit organization.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem I have with your claim of panicking is most times you (generic) do not watch the games. You just parrot what you heard from someone else.

Last week Cousins led his team to the lead with 2:17 seconds to go, they watched his defense give up a one play 75 yard drive. Then led his team back down the field for a game winning FG to beat Green Bay. Is that panicking? Are you and the others sure about what you are talking about. I sure as fuck don't think so. I watch the games. I listen to the claims made by others. Some are true but many are not.

Because someone just said Cousins always loses games he should win I detailed several (not all) instances that wasn't true. But haters got to hate. So you take one sentence and write a career. Someone else told me he could be replaced with AJ McCarron and several other players that never did shit.

Cousins will finish very close to top 30 in yards and TDs when he retires. I don't think it makes him better than a number of QBs. It does however make him much like Jurgensen, Moon and Marino.

No, Cousins and the Vikings didn't win today. Cousins had a costly pick, Cook had a costly fumble both of which ended up costing the Vikings 14 points. Still he had a chance to tie the game at the end. This week it didn't work. Four other times this year it has. Three times ended in loss when he drove the team into FG range and a Cook fumble, Joseph missed FG and his D not being able to hold the lead. He stunk against the Browns. What QB doesn't have a bad game or two. I'd still take 23 TDs and 3 Ints.

I think he has shown enough times that your claim of panic is bullshit. Much like the way the Redskins treated him.

Back to my statement earlier ... let me know when the WTF replace him ..... I'll wait.
Well I led with Cousins can play. He won a big game in Philly that got us the division. We've had this conversation before. The Skins would be a better team with him, but like I told you in a previous conversation, the Panthers and Giants home losses just stuck with me. Not sure why you are so emotional about this one topic. Respectfully

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won the last 4 in 2015 to go from 5-7 to 9-7 and make the playoffs.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I led with Cousins can play. He won a big game in Philly that got us the division. We've had this conversation before. The Skins would be a better team with him, but like I told you in a previous conversation, the Panthers and Giants home losses just stuck with me. Not sure why you are so emotional about this one topic. Respectfully
I am a fan, I let it go at "let me know when they replace him ...."

You reiterated the "he panicked." I disagreed and showed proof.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a fan, I let it go at "let me know when they replace him ...."

You reiterated the "he panicked." I disagreed and showed proof.
Well Sty, I get it. I do have league pass, and I did watch the game. Kirk losing big games and panicking in high pressure situations imo......doesn't mean we didn't drop the ball on the Kirk situation. Two things can be true at once.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Sty, I get it. I do have league pass, and I did watch the game. Kirk losing big games and panicking in high pressure situations imo......doesn't mean we didn't drop the ball on the Kirk situation. Two things can be true at once.
I won't argue the point that he isn't Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers but few are.

If you are going to have a .500 record and great stats than you are much like Jurgensen, Moon and Marino .... others too that were better than average but never got to play on a winner .... no matter who's fault it was.

To be honest, I was disappointed in a way today also. Tough game for me to root for because I am a fan of Kyle Shanahan's also. Kyle made some great adjustments. Cousins Int and Cooks fumble killed the Vikes. Kyle made good adjustments. The KO return by the Vikes kept them in the game.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't argue the point that he isn't Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers but few are.

If you are going to have a .500 record and great stats than you are much like Jurgensen, Moon and Marino .... others too that were better than average but never got to play on a winner .... no matter who's fault it was.

To be honest, I was disappointed in a way today also. Tough game for me to root for because I am a fan of Kyle Shanahan's also. Kyle made some great adjustments. Cousins Int and Cooks fumble killed the Vikes. Kyle made good adjustments. The KO return by the Vikes kept them in the game.
Honestly the reason I root against Kirk is because I kinda wanted to keep him. I didn't like the way he presented himself as this aw shucks I'll stay if you guys will have me, but then making us franchise him every year and then left as soon as he could.

I dont blame him for getting out from under Dan and Bruce. I do think he played the fanbase and presented himself as something he wasn't while fleecing the Skins for major doe with not a whole lot to show for it.

The defense sucked while he was here, but im not sure where we would be if we had 90m tied up in him right now.

I guess I'm somewhat the bitter ex when it comes to him, but if not for a roughing the passer call last week his INT would have cost them the Packers game.

He is what he is. Better than what we have. I'm just not sure you can really count on him when you need your QB to be the calmest one in the huddle. Been in the league far too long to line up under the guard. Jmo

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So people are STILL wishing Cousins never left, when he is on a more talented team and has DONE NOTHING except in the fantasy football world.
Vikings were 7-9 and missed the playoffs while we won the division, Vikings are below .500 again. Skins, despite major injuries to starters are a victory away from the same record as the Vikings. I don't recall Cousins winning any superbowls or NFC championship games, or frankly any playoff games in years.
What proof is there that suggests we'd be better off with Cousins? he's not a winner, great stats are irrelevant if you don't win.....
its time to let him go, let that man live, i can't argue with a Vikings fan that basically has co-signed what Cousins was called out for in DC

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly the reason I root against Kirk is because I kinda wanted to keep him. I didn't like the way he presented himself as this aw shucks I'll stay if you guys will have me, but then making us franchise him every year and then left as soon as he could.

I dont blame him for getting out from under Dan and Bruce. I do think he played the fanbase and presented himself as something he wasn't while fleecing the Skins for major doe with not a whole lot to show for it.

The defense sucked while he was here, but im not sure where we would be if we had 90m tied up in him right now.

I guess I'm somewhat the bitter ex when it comes to him, but if not for a roughing the passer call last week his INT would have cost them the Packers game.

He is what he is. Better than what we have. I'm just not sure you can really count on him when you need your QB to be the calmest one in the huddle. Been in the league far too long to line up under the guard. Jmo
I'd say that is mostly fair.

He has a strange personality or so it seems. I won't pretend to know what it is.

Why do I defend him, because I was pretty sure Griffin wasn't a good pick and when I saw they drafted him in the 4th round I knew I wasn't the only one that thought Griffin was a bad pick. His first three year and a half years I wasn't sure how it was going to go. But from there on out he has been solid. Brady or Rodgers ... no. But I never said he was. IMO opinion he is what I said he was better than average.

A lot of people remember the Giants game which was a win and you are in game and he threw two picks. No doubt not what you wanted to see. Many remember the Green Bay and blame Cousins but he was out dueled by Rodgers. How many have been beaten by Rodgers?

I think the thing today was much to do about nothing. That play was fucked from the get go. Who knows why Jefferson was late on the field. I don't think he was panicked. I think he was trying to get everyone lined up before the clock ran out. But make a mistake like that and the some in the press will rip you.

Lets say he does end up top 30 in his career ... in my mind that doesn't make him the 30th best QB of all time. It means he had a very good career and he could play the position. Should he win a SB and I do not think that is going to happen under Zimmer, it will change everything. If he ends up at .500 he will be a better than average QB, the same tag that everyone else gets.

dad posted an article a few days ago about the Skins and negotiations with Cousins. Had they offered a fair contract early he would have stayed. What would that have meant for the Redskins. Not too much. There are two many areas this team was lacking. Maybe they get 2-3 wins more a year. The article said he was okay with signing with them again but once they dicked him around Cousins agent said "we want the tag."

In the end no matter who it is the same issue exists. A bad owner, a bad organization and I don't expect things to change although I keep hoping they will. The definition of insanity.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to Sunday's game.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having to listen to Skins fans woe woe woe-ing gnashing their teeth while wearing potato sacks on how that could've been the Skins had they kept Cousins. It would've been Brad Johnson part deux all over again
:lol: