• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey Sty: Ready for some Taylor Heinicke crow yet?!?!

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a fan, I let it go at "let me know when they replace him ...."

You reiterated the "he panicked." I disagreed and showed proof.
Here's an example of KC coming up small, maybe even panicking. 2016 playing the Cardinals. RB David Johnson was at the height of his skill-set, rushed for 1200+ yards and caught 80 passes for damn near 900 yards. Carson Palmer just had the best year of his career stat-wise the year before and the Cards had a rugged defense as well. I thought Johnson would give the Skins defense fits, he did with 80+ yards rushing, 90 yards rec and scored at least twice and Palmer made me nervous. Still, I thought if Kirk plays a good to semi-great game we could beat em. The Skins were 6-5-1 n the cards were 5-6-1. So at that point both teams were still thinking playoffs.

There were a handful of critical moments in that game. Here's how a couple of em played out. Down 7-3, KC drives the Skins down to the Cards 1 yd ln for a 1st n goal. The Skin are penalized on 1st dn for an illegal shift. Now its 1st n goal from the 6 yd ln.. Kirk completes a pass to Vernon FDavis for 5 yards, 2nd n goal from the 1 yd ln. Rob Kelly runs the rock for no gain now its 3rd n goal from the 1 yd ln. Djax lines up wide right. Gracon is lined up in the slot next to JC who's lined up wide left. Kirk's in the shotgun, the ball is snapped. Garcon n JC run a rub route to perfection, Garcon is open immediately, its an easy 6 right there. Kirk never looks left though. Instead he throws a fade to 5'8" or whatever Djax is who's being engulfed by Patrick Peterson. That had about a -27% chance of working. At any point had Kirk looked left......but he didn't. Skins kick one of those 20 yd FGs . Cards go down just before the half ends and kick a FG 10-6 Cards at halftime instead of 10-10 at halftime..

Skins get the ball to start the 3rd qt. Drive right downto the 1 yd ln again with the big play being a 50something yd psss from Kirk to Djax, Kirk QB sneaks into the endzone, word, Skins 13-10. They kick to the Cards who drive down the field inside the Skins 30 yd ln. The defense comes up with a play, a sack on 3rd dn and the Cards go to kick a FG that is wide something, Skins ball on their own 43 yd ln. On the 2nd play of the drive Kirk is sacked and fumbles, Cards recover and ret it to the Skins 10 yd ln and score in a couple plays. Cards 17-13. KO to the Skins. Skins drive right down the field Kirk hits JC with a 20 something yard pass for a TD. Skins 20-17. Kick off to the Cards, they score a TD, Cards 24-20 Kick off to the Skins who's drive stalls out, but Duckfoot comes though with a 50+ yard FG. Cards 24-23. Cards get the KO and march for another TD. Cards 31-23. Kic k off to the Skins who start their drive at their own 25 yd ln with 1 minute 56 seconds left in the game.

Kirk drives em down to the Cards 28 yd ln where its 2nd n 4 with 52 seconds left in the game. Kirk's in the shotgun, ball is snapped, DJ Swearinger I think it is comes in on a blitz. Djax reads it correctly and runs a slant, he's open, Kirk reads it as well and goes to DJax, they've beat the blitz except Kirk throws the ball 3 yards in front of Djax into the dirt even though he had plenty of time n wasn't under any duress. Clock stops with 48 seconds left, 3rd n 4, 28 yd ln, Kirk's in the shotgun, ball is snapped, its another blitz. JC who's lined up where Djax last play reads it and runs a slant. Kirk reads it and goes to JC who's open like Djax was. Kirk once again not under duress doesn't throw this ball into the ground, nope. instead he throws it behind JC and right to Patrick Patrick go picks the ball, runs a coupe yards n goes down . Cards run one play, a kneel down and the game is over. Cards 31 Skins 23 Final.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't bother to read it Breed. I am giving you credit more than anyone else here for actually knowing what KC did do and didn't do. I am also not going to go through every game of his 7 year career as a starter.

I will say this. His three years as a starter in the Snyder era he won 24 games. More than any other three consecutive period other than the first 3 years under Snyder when they won 26 games with 2 QBs. I guess Patrick Ramsey, Jason Campbell and Robert Griffin.

I stand by the statement I have had since the day they let him go .... let me know when they find his replacement (equal ability) ..........

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say that is mostly fair.

He has a strange personality or so it seems. I won't pretend to know what it is.

Why do I defend him, because I was pretty sure Griffin wasn't a good pick and when I saw they drafted him in the 4th round I knew I wasn't the only one that thought Griffin was a bad pick. His first three year and a half years I wasn't sure how it was going to go. But from there on out he has been solid. Brady or Rodgers ... no. But I never said he was. IMO opinion he is what I said he was better than average.

A lot of people remember the Giants game which was a win and you are in game and he threw two picks. No doubt not what you wanted to see. Many remember the Green Bay and blame Cousins but he was out dueled by Rodgers. How many have been beaten by Rodgers?

I think the thing today was much to do about nothing. That play was fucked from the get go. Who knows why Jefferson was late on the field. I don't think he was panicked. I think he was trying to get everyone lined up before the clock ran out. But make a mistake like that and the some in the press will rip you.

Lets say he does end up top 30 in his career ... in my mind that doesn't make him the 30th best QB of all time. It means he had a very good career and he could play the position. Should he win a SB and I do not think that is going to happen under Zimmer, it will change everything. If he ends up at .500 he will be a better than average QB, the same tag that everyone else gets.

dad posted an article a few days ago about the Skins and negotiations with Cousins. Had they offered a fair contract early he would have stayed. What would that have meant for the Redskins. Not too much. There are two many areas this team was lacking. Maybe they get 2-3 wins more a year. The article said he was okay with signing with them again but once they dicked him around Cousins agent said "we want the tag."

In the end no matter who it is the same issue exists. A bad owner, a bad organization and I don't expect things to change although I keep hoping they will. The definition of insanity.
The schedule really eases up for the Vikings. I expect Kirk to play much better than he did Sunday and probably win 5 out of his last 6.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The schedule really eases up for the Vikings. I expect Kirk to play much better than he did Sunday and probably win 5 out of his last 6.
He actually didn't play bad yesterday but he didn't play well enough. The two TOs but Kirk and Dalvin killed the Vikes.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was 4 games, not 5. They beat Chicago, Buffalo, Philly n Dallas to finish 9-7 that year.
i stand corrected but the point is still valid