• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey smart guise.............

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, AP will practice and plans on playing this week. What are the chances the NFL steps in and gives him the ol' Ray Rice Indefinite Suspension? I mean after the black eye (you know me, pun intended) the NFL received last week with Rice and AP do you think they take the high road (another pun intended) and suspend him or wait until it goes to court?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the odds are slim. I think he plays

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slim to none. I also expect the Rice indefinite suspension will be reversed at some point. Think they were going to start that process today.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The personal conduct policy goes like this:

Unless the available facts clearly indicate egregious circumstances, significant bodily harm or risk to third parties, or an immediate and substantial risk to the integrity and reputation of the NFL, a first offense generally will not result in discipline until there has been a disposition of the proceeding (or until the investigation is complete in the case of noncriminal misconduct).

The circumstances are unpleasant but not really "egregious," and the bodily harm isn't really "significant" - the kid will heal completely (physically anyway). So the league has to decide whether AP's "tearing that butt up" is causing an immediate and substantial risk to the reputation of the league.

Two weeks ago it would have been an unequivocal Yes, but Goodell's gotta be gun-shy now. On the other hand, if Goodell does nothing, Rice's lawyers are gonna kill the league over the Rice banishment. In fact, anything less than indefinite banishment is going to get the league in trouble on Rice.

Goodell has really screwed himself.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The circumstances are unpleasant but not really "egregious," and the bodily harm isn't really "significant" - the kid will heal completely (physically anyway). So the league has to decide whether AP's "tearing that butt up" is causing an immediate and substantial risk to the reputation of the league.

Two weeks ago it would have been an unequivocal Yes, but Goodell's gotta be gun-shy now. On the other hand, if Goodell does nothing, Rice's lawyers are gonna kill the league over the Rice banishment. In fact, anything less than indefinite banishment is going to get the league in trouble on Rice.

I think I saw somewhere that the Peterson 'incident' was being reviewed under the new domestic abuse policy and not the personal conduct policy. Either way, I stick to my opinion that 'criminal acts' should be the job of law enforcement - not the league. If found guilty then lock'em up. ....

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why yes, yes he has................I'd say you're either gonna see Rice reinstated soon like Shady said or Badell is gonna have to step in.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I saw somewhere that the Peterson 'incident' was being reviewed under the new domestic abuse policy and not the personal conduct policy. Either way, I stick to my opinion that 'criminal acts' should be the job of law enforcement - not the league. If found guilty then lock'em up. ....

I tend to agree with that but in this case I have to say either Rice gets reinstated or AP gets suspended......just my thoughts on it.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, I stick to my opinion that 'criminal acts' should be the job of law enforcement - not the league. If found guilty then lock'em up. ....

One problem with that is that Aaron Hernandez would still be getting paychecks from the league - and if he had been allowed to post bond he'd still be playing.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is very complicated... But what helps Adrian Peterson, is that everyone actually likes him, and his crime is defended by many with the flawed logic that either they beat their child or their parent beat them in a similar if not worse way...

What hurts Peterson, is that the timing is awful... Forget the ray rice situation for a second, the fact that this incident happened during the football season the NFL has to give him a punishment before he receives one from the law or they can wait until the law decides first, but by doing that you have let the player play games, which may be perceived badly...

This really is a lose lose situation for the NFL, and the ray rice situation makes this much more complicated... And I don't see one way the NFL can look good in this situation... If they don't punish him then it will look like they believe hitting your spouse is worse than hitting a child, and it as WW stated it will strengthen Ray Rice's law suit...

Not to mention Adrian Peterson has gotten into more trouble before this than Ray rice did...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts are that if I had AP I would test the trade waters. There is likely someone out there in your league who is willing to risk the suspensions in order to get AP on their team. I wouldn't sell him for nothing, but if you could fill a position of weakness it may be worth it. Maybe pair AP with your worst WR and try to get a solid WR and replacement RB from someone looking to upgrade their RB and take a chance.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One problem with that is that Aaron Hernandez would still be getting paychecks from the league - and if he had been allowed to post bond he'd still be playing.

I suppose that could be true - - but he is locked up as he should be. ....

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like AP is under investigation for hitting his other 4 year old son.................I have a link but when I try to post it it shows the kids pic and I don't want to do that............................

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like AP is under investigation for hitting his other 4 year old son.................I have a link but when I try to post it it shows the kids pic and I don't want to do that............................

This should not add anything to the outrage, nor is it unexpected... He did not see that there was anything wrong with what he did until the outrage came... which tells me he has done it before and probably many times... But if he is to blame his culture, then he has to change before we can expect him to do better...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I saw that. Two down, five to go.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah - stop with the pics already, world. At that age I freaked out if even my grandmother saw me in my underwear. This is already going to cause enough trouble for that kid without him knowing that everybody saw that.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup... Can't play anymore... many sources saying won't play til 2015

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will depend on this trial

I think he will get probation, counseling and anger management.

Just depends on how the team reacts to this since the league hasnt actually suspended him. The timing for this was the worst for AP's side.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if he pleads guilty, the league would be batshit nutso if they do anything other than follow the letter of the new domestic abuse policy and suspend him for six games.

But I wouldn't put anything past Goodell at this point.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings have put him on a commissioners exempt list that bars him for anything to do with the team until his legal issues are resolved. He has a hearing in Oct but most think the trial won't being until 2015. I'm thinking of filling his void with Bernard Pierce cause I don't see him playing this year