• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey Sherman

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherm will be fine. There's bigger issues like the stupid penalties and not getting Graham involved.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch has had his success off the read option for going on three seasons now. We've been passing (or running the RO) to set up the run for going on three seasons now.
Concur. Lots of heat from all the former NFL OCs we have in here for running out of that on 4th down last week, but it is definitely true it's been a staple of the offense in the RW era. We've had success in that formation time and again, year after year. Lynch has been productive despite a poor OL for much of his time here. He's also had success against GB. At this point all you really can point to right now is Lynch, or give the credit to the Rams and Packers for winning the matchup they shouldn't have.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Concur. Lots of heat from all the former NFL OCs we have in here for running out of that on 4th down last week, but it is definitely true it's been a staple of the offense in the RW era. We've had success in that formation time and again, year after year. Lynch has been productive despite a poor OL for much of his time here. He's also had success against GB. At this point all you really can point to right now is Lynch, or give the credit to the Rams and Packers for winning the matchup they shouldn't have.

I don't see Lynch slowing down quite yet. But it's only the uninformed or wilfully myopic that think that Lynch is a guarantee of a 1st down in short yardage. He has struggled with those for ages now. Or to be more precise, the team has struggled with those.

That's why all the 'worst calls in NFL history,' comments irk me so much.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Lynch slowing down quite yet. But it's only the uninformed or wilfully myopic that think that Lynch is a guarantee of a 1st down in short yardage. He has struggled with those for ages now. Or to be more precise, the team has struggled with those.

That's why all the 'worst calls in NFL history,' comments irk me so much.

I liked what Collinsworth had to say about the 'worst call in history'. He said he asked Bevell about why he ran that play, then Bevell asked Collinsworth if he was surprised when he ran it and Collinsworth said "ya he was surprised". So Bevell says "Well then, is that a bad thing?".

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked what Collinsworth had to say about the 'worst call in history'. He said he asked Bevell about why he ran that play, then Bevell asked Collinsworth if he was surprised when he ran it and Collinsworth said "ya he was surprised". So Bevell says "Well then, is that a bad thing?".

Everyone was surprised except the Pats. Bevell will never man up and say he made the incorrect call.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Carrol's response

It wasn't the worst call but unfortunately it was the worst results

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone was surprised except the Pats. Bevell will never man up and say he made the incorrect call.

Meh. The jumbo pkg was in there to sell out to stop the run.

Browner and Butler made hellacious plays. And even with the hellacious plays, if the ball is a foot lower and inside, it's a TD anyway.

In hindsight of course, if they'd rolled Russ out to the right, he could have probably crawled into the endzone, but that's in hindsight.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't blame Sherman here. It was Aaron GODgers after all, in Lambeau. Imagine thinking We were going to contain him for 4 quarters without a CANCERllor less LOB.

The Packers were out for blood this game. Being thoroughly humiliated by the LEGENDhawks in the NFC Championship game fueled that obsession to beat us.

Don't blame the defense. Point the finger at that slimy rat Bevell for his Ultra-Conservative play calling. How hard is it copy/paste what Santa Clara does with Kaepernick when the 9ers play the Packers? Santa Clara owns Green bay when they play each other!

When you have an offense as loaded as ours, and all you can do is put up a measly 3 points in the first half. It ain't the personal that are the problem....

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are talking about concerns, mine would be what happened to Frank Clark. Guy just fell off the cliff and couldn't find him anywhere. I've been really disappointed by his lack of pressure. Can't recall him ever getting to Rodgers.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman is fine.
If we are talking about concerns, mine would be what happened to Frank Clark. Guy just fell off the cliff and couldn't find him anywhere. I've been really disappointed by his lack of pressure. Can't recall him ever getting to Rodgers.
Ditto. Would love hear his name called more often, as in " Clark tackles him behind the line of scrimmage ".

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If someone has the all-22 and could look, I'm thinking he's not in on a lot of plays so far. They seem to be going heavy with the starting 4, and not giving a lot of time to the reserves. Haven't heard much from Cassius Marsh or Kevin P. Louis either so far.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone has the all-22 and could look, I'm thinking he's not in on a lot of plays so far. They seem to be going heavy with the starting 4, and not giving a lot of time to the reserves. Haven't heard much from Cassius Marsh or Kevin P. Louis either so far.
True, but feel like that needs to happen. Need these young guns to start making a name for themselves.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well than I'd feel a lot better if its, we just weren't using him rather than him being out getting nothing. Cause Ive heard very little from him since the season began. If we aren't using him why??? I think the best change to beat Rodgers is/was getting pressure and if he's a stud plus bennit we should have had more sacks. Maybe someone with all-22 can tell us if hes just being out matched so far.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but feel like that needs to happen. Need these young guns to start making a name for themselves.

Oh for sure, and as the season drags on, I'm sure there will be ample opportunity. Especially with that D-line it would seem to behoove them to keep rotating them to make sure they stay fresh over 16 games (plus playoffs! heh)

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. The jumbo pkg was in there to sell out to stop the run.

Browner and Butler made hellacious plays. And even with the hellacious plays, if the ball is a foot lower and inside, it's a TD anyway.

In hindsight of course, if they'd rolled Russ out to the right, he could have probably crawled into the endzone, but that's in hindsight.

The defense was on its heels and gased. Not saying Lynch would have scored but should have given him the shot. Rolling Russ out would have been fine as well.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense was on its heels and gased. Not saying Lynch would have scored but should have given him the shot. Rolling Russ out would have been fine as well.

We saw this season what short yardage runs work like. It's been like that for three seasons now. Lynch is a beast when he's hitting a spread out D line, against stacked fronts, he's been...well not good.

Belichik wasn't going to be beaten by a run in that situation.

Sadly the kid Butler guessed perfectly, AND backed it up perfectly.

The rollout right is only good in hindsight.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We saw this season what short yardage runs work like. It's been like that for three seasons now. Lynch is a beast when he's hitting a spread out D line, against stacked fronts, he's been...well not good.

Belichik wasn't going to be beaten by a run in that situation.

Sadly the kid Butler guessed perfectly, AND backed it up perfectly.

The rollout right is only good in hindsight.

Sucks we'll never know, but oh well. Butler did make a hell of a play and props to that kid for guessing right.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know who would have been automatic in that situation? Shaun Alexander. The prime SA not the last two years SA. That guy could run through a brick wall on goal line situations.