• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HEY HEY

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word!! And may i add though?? The REFS strike yet again!! Have i ever told you guys how much i dislike the REFS?? Buy ya, that would be wild, you guys and KC facing off for the right to play in the SB!!
KC looks real good, i mean good.. It would be an epic game for sure!! You guys Vs the Steelers and KC Vs the Pats!! BIG GAMES!!

I actually thought the refs did a good job. The Bengals and Steelers were all warned before the game that flags would fly if the refs thought anything was starting. The hit to the head of Brown is clearly in the rules. While I don't think Burfict was targeting his head he still hit it. Then Pacman did touch the ref which honestly is supposed to be an automatic ejection from the game. Even if it is inadvertent. So both were the right call on the field. The Bengals did this to themselves not the officials in my opinion.

You are right though should lead to some epic games this next week. I will say though Ben Roethlisberger did tell his coach he couldn't throw it 30 yards down the field after his shoulder got hurt. Going to be interesting to see how he heals up this week. Same for Brown after that huge hit to the head. He was knocked out cold!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually thought the refs did a good job. The Bengals and Steelers were all warned before the game that flags would fly if the refs thought anything was starting. The hit to the head of Brown is clearly in the rules. While I don't think Burfict was targeting his head he still hit it. Then Pacman did touch the ref which honestly is supposed to be an automatic ejection from the game. Even if it is inadvertent. So both were the right call on the field. The Bengals did this to themselves not the officials in my opinion.

You are right though should lead to some epic games this next week. I will say though Ben Roethlisberger did tell his coach he couldn't throw it 30 yards down the field after his shoulder got hurt. Going to be interesting to see how he heals up this week. Same for Brown after that huge hit to the head. He was knocked out cold!
Im sorry but i don't agree with you on the REFS.. The REFS decided the outcome of this game imo..
The league wanted the Steelers to face you guys this next game.. Huge ratings for this game, and that's what the league wants..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sorry but i don't agree with you on the REFS.. The REFS decided the outcome of this game imo..
The league wanted the Steelers to face you guys this next game.. Huge ratings for this game, and that's what the league wants..

Not sure I agree on the ratings side of things. If the Steelers lose then you have Broncos/Chiefs facing off! That is huge ratings especially after the last game against the Chiefs where Manning had his worst game of his career. Now maybe the other game with the Patriots doesn't quite have the fanfare but I would say the Bengals and Chiefs have probably close to the same following. So I think the ratings are similar.

As for the Refs giving the game to the Steelers...Ok so which call do you think was wrong? I mean by the letter of the NFL Rules both were legit calls? Do you think that just at that point of the game the refs should let the players do whatever then?

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I agree on the ratings side of things. If the Steelers lose then you have Broncos/Chiefs facing off! That is huge ratings especially after the last game against the Chiefs where Manning had his worst game of his career. Now maybe the other game with the Patriots doesn't quite have the fanfare but I would say the Bengals and Chiefs have probably close to the same following. So I think the ratings are similar.

As for the Refs giving the game to the Steelers...Ok so which call do you think was wrong? I mean by the letter of the NFL Rules both were legit calls? Do you think that just at that point of the game the refs should let the players do whatever then?
The last 2 calls of the game were wrong!! And cost Cincy the game.. Rules are what they want them to be..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last 2 calls of the game were wrong!! And cost Cincy the game.. Rules are what they want them to be..

So when the rules say "Cannot hit a defenseless receiver trying to catch the football" you think that hit on Brown doesn't fall into that?

Or the rule that says "A player cannot touch an official" that Pacman even though he touched the official shouldn't have been flagged? I mean to me there are some very gray areas in the rules but to me those were very black and white calls. These were not the subjective Pass Interference type calls. I mean Antonio Brown was actually knocked out for a few seconds because he was hit in the head trying to catch the football. There is no "Well did he hit the head or not?" type questions of that hit.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when the rules say "Cannot hit a defenseless receiver trying to catch the football" you think that hit on Brown doesn't fall into that?

Or the rule that says "A player cannot touch an official" that Pacman even though he touched the official shouldn't have been flagged? I mean to me there are some very gray areas in the rules but to me those were very black and white calls. These were not the subjective Pass Interference type calls. I mean Antonio Brown was actually knocked out for a few seconds because he was hit in the head trying to catch the football. There is no "Well did he hit the head or not?" type questions of that hit.
He tried to avoid him and just couldn't.. Barley hit him with his shoulder.. And the other call was just BS.. And what was Porter doing on the field talking crap to begin with.. Shady, real shady..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He tried to avoid him and just couldn't.. Barley hit him with his shoulder.. And the other call was just BS.. And what was Porter doing on the field talking crap to begin with.. Shady, real shady..

Whether he barely tapped him in the head or not (to get knocked out it takes a pretty good pop so I would disagree with barely hitting him with his shoulder) it is still a penalty. It was one of the main rules they put in a few years ago to protect WR's from taking such hits as that of Brown on that play.

As for the other call yeah I guess you could say it was subjective in the sense of maybe they should have thrown off setting penalties but Pacman broke the rules by touching the official. As for Porter being on the field it was an injury to a Steelers player so yes coaches are allowed on the field. It was a punk move by him to start talking crap in the situation and maybe he should have been flagged but in my opinion no doubt Pacman should have been. Players have to keep their cool in those moments. Very selfish to put your own anger ahead of what is best for the team. At that point it was still like a 55 yard field goal without that 2nd penalty. His team was very much in it. To me at that time you run to your sideline and don't say a darn thing to anybody.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether he barely tapped him in the head or not (to get knocked out it takes a pretty good pop so I would disagree with barely hitting him with his shoulder) it is still a penalty. It was one of the main rules they put in a few years ago to protect WR's from taking such hits as that of Brown on that play.

As for the other call yeah I guess you could say it was subjective in the sense of maybe they should have thrown off setting penalties but Pacman broke the rules by touching the official. As for Porter being on the field it was an injury to a Steelers player so yes coaches are allowed on the field. It was a punk move by him to start talking crap in the situation and maybe he should have been flagged but in my opinion no doubt Pacman should have been. Players have to keep their cool in those moments. Very selfish to put your own anger ahead of what is best for the team. At that point it was still like a 55 yard field goal without that 2nd penalty. His team was very much in it. To me at that time you run to your sideline and don't say a darn thing to anybody.
Face it cd, the league got what they wanted.. Denver VS Ptt.. KC VS Pats.. It's WWE man.. Please don't tell me you think the league is ALL by the book, please don't..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Face it cd, the league got what they wanted.. Denver VS Ptt.. KC VS Pats.. It's WWE man.. Please don't tell me you think the league is ALL by the book, please don't..

I don't think everything is perfect. I also don't go to the extreme level that you do that pretty much every game is fixed. I mean when these guys are out there suffering ridiculous concussions, broken limbs, torn everything, well I would say they haven't let the players in on it then. Now yes they can fix games other ways by some bad calls here or there but even then they can only do that so many calls during a game. I just can't see all of these coaches and players putting so much on the line to then have the whole thing fixed.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think everything is perfect. I also don't go to the extreme level that you do that pretty much every game is fixed. I mean when these guys are out there suffering ridiculous concussions, broken limbs, torn everything, well I would say they haven't let the players in on it then. Now yes they can fix games other ways by some bad calls here or there but even then they can only do that so many calls during a game. I just can't see all of these coaches and players putting so much on the line to then have the whole thing fixed.
The players don't have anything to do with it, they just play the game that's all.. If you want to think those were clean plays, then be all means go ahead, but then don't you ever complain about the REFS then cd..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players don't have anything to do with it, they just play the game that's all.. If you want to think those were clean plays, then be all means go ahead, but then don't you ever complain about the REFS then cd..

Just because I don't think the games are fixed doesn't mean I don't think the refs don't make bad calls. It happens...These are some of the best athletes in the entire world flying around. These officials have to process thousands of pieces of information in a matter of a couple of seconds so of course they are going to miss things. I do like what they are doing for the playoffs of having somebody in New York watching the game communicating with the head ref helping them to make the right call on the field. I"ve been saying this for years that they should be doing this for every game. Helps them get more calls right and speeds up the game.

Again that doesn't mean they are not going to make mistakes along the way. As for the calls in the Bengals/Steelers game yeah I do think they got them right. The Bengals killed themselves with their selfish behavior. I don't think Burfict's there was much he could do. Still the rules are the rules and it was a clear violation of said rules. Can't just not call that because it is late in the game. IF that happened to one of your guys what happened to Brown you would be screaming from the mountain tops if the refs hadn't thrown a flag. You say it all the time how your players get mauled in the game yet no penalties are called. Well Brown got mauled and now you are saying it shouldn't be a penalty?

Anyway I guess just have to agree to disagree on this.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck that Steeler player is agreei
Just because I don't think the games are fixed doesn't mean I don't think the refs don't make bad calls. It happens...These are some of the best athletes in the entire world flying around. These officials have to process thousands of pieces of information in a matter of a couple of seconds so of course they are going to miss things. I do like what they are doing for the playoffs of having somebody in New York watching the game communicating with the head ref helping them to make the right call on the field. I"ve been saying this for years that they should be doing this for every game. Helps them get more calls right and speeds up the game.

Again that doesn't mean they are not going to make mistakes along the way. As for the calls in the Bengals/Steelers game yeah I do think they got them right. The Bengals killed themselves with their selfish behavior. I don't think Burfict's there was much he could do. Still the rules are the rules and it was a clear violation of said rules. Can't just not call that because it is late in the game. IF that happened to one of your guys what happened to Brown you would be screaming from the mountain tops if the refs hadn't thrown a flag. You say it all the time how your players get mauled in the game yet no penalties are called. Well Brown got mauled and now you are saying it shouldn't be a penalty?

Anyway I guess just have to agree to disagree on this.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they were bad calls that changed the outcome of the game.. The REFS were the ones that gave that game to the Steelers.. Now we get ratings galore!! Denver VS Pitt and KC VS Pats!! And we can either get Denver VS KC or Pitt Vs Steelers.. A few bad calls made those kind of games happen.. The league= Winner

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they were bad calls that changed the outcome of the game.. The REFS were the ones that gave that game to the Steelers.. Now we get ratings galore!! Denver VS Pitt and KC VS Pats!! And we can either get Denver VS KC or Pitt Vs Steelers.. A few bad calls made those kind of games happen.. The league= Winner
My bad Pats Vs Steelers

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck that Steeler player is agreei

Steelers players agree with what?

I do agree the penalties possibly changed the outcome of the game but that doesn't mean they were not legit calls. Go read the rule book and show me where a hit to a receiver trying to catch the football is allowed. Or show me where it says that touching an official is allowed. I'll save you some time they are not allowed for any reason. Both are personal fouls.

Answer me this then? Did Burfict hit the head of Antonio Brown?

Did Pacman Jones touch the official? Those are things you can go back and watch that make this argument black and white.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers players agree with what?

I do agree the penalties possibly changed the outcome of the game but that doesn't mean they were not legit calls. Go read the rule book and show me where a hit to a receiver trying to catch the football is allowed. Or show me where it says that touching an official is allowed. I'll save you some time they are not allowed for any reason. Both are personal fouls.

Answer me this then? Did Burfict hit the head of Antonio Brown?

Did Pacman Jones touch the official? Those are things you can go back and watch that make this argument black and white.
I think he glanced his head, but could not stop himself.. Momentum carried him.. If anything that was a no call..
And Pacman was baited into it.. If anything Pitt should of got the flag, and not Cincy.. Like i said cd, shady real shady how that went down.. The REFS gave Pitt 30 Yards, and sealed them the victory.. Now we get Denver VS Pitt!! Agian, the league= Winner cd.. Why do you fight me in this..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he glanced his head, but could not stop himself.. Momentum carried him.. If anything that was a no call..
And Pacman was baited into it.. If anything Pitt should of got the flag, and not Cincy.. Like i said cd, shady real shady how that went down.. The REFS gave Pitt 30 Yards, and sealed them the victory.. Now we get Denver VS Pitt!! Agian, the league= Winner cd.. Why do you fight me in this..

I fight you on this because it seems like you don't know the actual rules of the NFL. That graze you are talking about to his head knocked the guy clean out. Go back and watch the play and watch Brown after he gets hit. His whole body goes limp. That is not just a graze to the head. I'm an EMT and we study head trauma all the time. That was about as brutal of a hit to the head as I have seen in the NFL.

Again then with Pacman touching the official. That is an automatic flag every time. Even if he is baited into it he still committed a penalty. Now we can argue whether it should have been offsetting penalties but no doubt according to the rules of the NFL Pacman should be penalized.

NFL Rules 12-3-1-H says that under NO condition is an official to allow a player to shove, push, or strike him in an offensive, disrespectful manner. Any such action must be reported to the Commissioner and is a 15 yard penalty. He struck an official. That is an automatic 15 yard penalty. This is not a judgment call Idaho.

Then the rule for the hit to the head...A defenseless receiver is one that is attempting to catch a pass (that is what Brown was trying to do). If the defender makes contact with the head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, regardless of whether the defensive player also uses arms to tackle the defenseless player by encirciling or grasping him. This again is a 15 yard penalty.

Both of those are right from the rule book. Very black and white and both penalties on the Bengals were deserved. You don't like the rules then fine but the penalties were legit.

Yes the league is a winner in this situation but to me they would have been no matter what. Broncos/Chiefs has tons of story lines they can go off of. Same with Bengals/Patriots. The Steelers maybe bring a bit of a bigger crowd but even then these games no matter who is playing is going to bring in HUGE audiences.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't agree with the hit on Brown cd, or the Pacman one.. Bad calls is what they were.. That dude could of blown up Brown if he wanted too, but tried to slow down.. Again cd a no call.. As well as the pacman one..
We will just never agree on this one cd.. Now don't get me wrong, Pitt is a good team, and in fact i picked them in that Hoop thread to play the Cards in the SB!! I just think the REFS decided the outcome of this game, in fact they did.. 30 yards = all that was needed to win.. Pitt didn't get them, the REFS gave them..
Now im not to sure who will WIN between you guys and Pitt, cuz of Big Bens shoulder.. I give Denver the edge now..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't agree with the hit on Brown cd, or the Pacman one.. Bad calls is what they were.. That dude could of blown up Brown if he wanted too, but tried to slow down.. Again cd a no call.. As well as the pacman one..
We will just never agree on this one cd.. Now don't get me wrong, Pitt is a good team, and in fact i picked them in that Hoop thread to play the Cards in the SB!! I just think the REFS decided the outcome of this game, in fact they did.. 30 yards = all that was needed to win.. Pitt didn't get them, the REFS gave them..
Now im not to sure who will WIN between you guys and Pitt, cuz of Big Bens shoulder.. I give Denver the edge now..

Again read the rules and tell me...

Did Burfict hit the head of Brown? This is a yes or no question. If the answer is yes no matter whether he tried to ease up or not it is a penalty.

And again did Pacman touch the official? Yes or No. If the answer is yes (which it is) then it is a penalty.

Now you can say the refs decided the outcome but to me that was all on the Bengals not playing within the rules. To me if they don't make those calls the refs decided the game. It goes both ways. If they miss a call it is just as much of an effect on the game as that of them throwing the flag. So to me the rules were broken and the flags were deserved.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again read the rules and tell me...

Did Burfict hit the head of Brown? This is a yes or no question. If the answer is yes no matter whether he tried to ease up or not it is a penalty.

And again did Pacman touch the official? Yes or No. If the answer is yes (which it is) then it is a penalty.

Now you can say the refs decided the outcome but to me that was all on the Bengals not playing within the rules. To me if they don't make those calls the refs decided the game. It goes both ways. If they miss a call it is just as much of an effect on the game as that of them throwing the flag. So to me the rules were broken and the flags were deserved.
im sorry but i can't answer that cd.. For the simple fact that i don't agree with the calls.. But it really don't matter anymore, cuz it's over.. Heck i don't even have a fight in this, im just throwing in my 2 cents..
It's now Denver Vs Pitt and KC Vs Pats..