• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey guys, remember when TCU missed the playoff because they didn't play a championship game?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like someone is a little pissy today.

Pissy? Alabama just made the playoffs and everyone is crying like bitches over something they didn't deserve and is really easy to prove.

THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To go with StarBigD a bit further, I think if a team is undefeated AND won their conference, they should have a chance.

I would have much rather seen UCF instead of Alabama. UCF beat Navy and Maryland which count as Power 5 teams.

The clear message to me is not only do conference championships not matter, but being undefeated and being a Group of 5 team does not matter.

Only Power 5 teams with one loss or less are in.

I do agree with the no two loss teams in though. Penn State 2016, Miami 2017, Ohio State 2017, USC 2017 none of them should be in.

And a team playing a bunch of cupcakes and one tough CG while going undefeated gets in?

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pissy? Alabama just made the playoffs and everyone is crying like bitches over something they didn't deserve and is really easy to prove.

THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME.
They did make it and the Buckeyes did have that bad loss after the emotional top 5 win. How did Bama do after their top 5 win? Or top 10 win? Or top 15 win?... you get the point.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter if you think they don't deserve it. They won the conference, good or bad. They should get the chance to PROVE they belong or not.

All conference champs should be an auto IN. Anyone else is a wildcard......pretty simple really.

The eye test is utter bullshit. It means nothing. SHOW ME on the field. WIN your conference......if you can't do that, you don't deserve a spot just because you won against scrub teams all year. Your one opportunity to prove it, you FAILED.

The flaw in your logic is that not all P5 Conferences are equal.

That being said, a 1 loss conference champion from the B1G or Pac-12 would have gotten in over Bama this year, but there wasn't any. I would agree that should be the case.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did make it and the Buckeyes did have that bad loss after the emotional top 5 win. How did Bama do after their top 5 win? Or top 10 win? Or top 15 win?... you get the point.

You can pretend FSU wasn't a quality win all you want. But they were at least as good as Iowa and we didn't get blown out by them.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can pretend FSU wasn't a quality win all you want. But they were at least as good as Iowa and we didn't get blown out by them.
I dont have to pretend anything, FSU showed they were trash this year If you want to pretend they were quality feel free. Its sad but you can put them right up with Mercer.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont have to pretend anything, FSU showed they were trash this year If you want to pretend they were quality feel free. Its sad but you can put them right up with Mercer.

Whatever, like I said we can go that route and pretend they were the same team that finished 6-6.

We didn't get blown out by them.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are changes coming or will they just expand the thing to 8 teams? :noidea:

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever, like I said we can go that route and pretend they were the same team that finished 6-6.

We didn't get blown out by them.
Nope sure whooped that team that had to late schedule ULM to be bowl eligible. Quality win.

If Bama had come off a top 5 win or even a top 10 win and then used that for comparison it might make sense. Find one of those wins for me would ya...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope sure whooped that team that had to late schedule ULM to be bowl eligible. Quality win.

If Bama had come off a top 5 win or even a top 10 win and then used that for comparison it might make sense. Find one of those wins for me would ya...

top5 win?

Well shit, if we are going the Urban Meyer way, FSU was #3.

We played Fresno St, a team ranked higher than Iowa the week after. Didn't get blown out.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know what the difference is between 6-6 FSU and 7-5 Iowa....Iowa would be 6-6 if you beat them.

LOL at your grueling win led to you getting whipped by an unranked team by 31 points.

Purdue lost to ranked Northwestern the week before and still managed to beat Iowa at Kinnick the following week.

Apparently Purdue has more heart than Ohio State.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't the computer models include polls...which were made up of a great deal more than 13 people with a bias?
The BCS included polls (AP, USA Today Coaches' and the now defunct Harris Poll) and a computer-based composite.

They diminished the computer-based composite impact on the BCS results as they wanted more "eye tests" rather than statistical data. The computers also were more susceptible to score "run ups", which in my opinion is as measurable a metric as any and shouldn't be downplayed any more than any other metric.

Most proprietors of computer-based ranking systems have really leaned toward a more defensive-centric method of ranking since. :think:

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
top5 win?

Well shit, if we are going the Urban Meyer way, FSU was #3.

We played Fresno St, a team ranked higher than Iowa the week after. Didn't get blown out.
You are right my mistake, a top 10 win. Waiting on something similar from Bama...

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what the difference is between 6-6 FSU and 7-5 Iowa....Iowa would be 6-6 if you beat them.

LOL at your grueling win led to you getting whipped by an unranked team by 31 points.

Purdue lost to ranked Northwestern the week before and still managed to beat Iowa at Kinnick the following week.

Apparently Purdue has more heart than Ohio State.
Iowa didnt need that FCS like so many other teams...

I guess thats another difference.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right my mistake, a top 10 win. Waiting on something similar from Bama...

Are you also looking for a blowout loss from Bama?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they expand, it should be to 8. Then you can still have your conference champs in but it leaves space for those couple teams that may play in a better conference and lost the wrong game.
I like 6, that gives you spots for the P5 champs plus Notre Dame if needed if not then a deserving P5 like Alabama this year/PSU last year or a G5 team that happens to have a great year.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Ohio State had a letdown game after one of their two top 10 (end of season rankings) wins. And another loss to #2.

Bama has no top 15 wins, and a loss to #7. And didn't win their division, let alone conference.

In what universe is the latter demonstrably more deserving than the former?

Especially when you factor in conference balance... there should be an extremely high bar to include two teams from the same conference. That's the thing that really gets me. If it's close, and we're even having this debate, there should never be two teams from the same conference.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FBS football is a unique sport

8 teams would be too many.

How many given years can you honestly say there are 8 truly title caliber teams?

Hell this year you can barely claim there are even 4.