• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hester gone..

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to him. Hope he shatters the record. For one of the most exciting players I've ever seen the game, he was incredibly frustrating with some of the simplest shit, ever.

I'm sure he will end up in TB, and frankly, if he's not going to retire a Bear, I'm glad he'll likely reunite with Lovie.

BEST RETURN MAN IN NFL HISTORY. BY A LANDSLIDE.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah.

But even as a solid returner he couldn't play a real position to save his life.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah.

Devin Hester NFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

He really wasn't a bad WR. Just never progressed. He was very serviceable, but the problem was the Bears kept neglecting to go after a big name and kept pushing him as the #1 guy.

And are you seriously trying to say Hester isn't the greatest? That's just hilarious. He's broken or will break pretty much every return record possible, and that's while he stopped returning kicks for two seasons to play WR. AND... nobody EVER kicked to him to begin with. In 06 and 07... along with most of 10 and 11. Whenever he got a clean crack at a return, he broke a big one. NOBODY can say that. NO ONE.

Last edited by a moderator:

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved every 1 of his returns for TDs. Hated every ball he let drop in front of him, and let bounce for more yardage for punters net.
His insane attitude on Kickoffs, usually cost us more yardage than not.
He's gained us yardage just by his presence on punts. There's no denying that.
But I'm a half full guy, when it comes to Devin.
Would have liked him to stay cheap.
But fuck paying pr , kr millions.
We have other needs.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved every 1 of his returns for TDs. Hated every ball he let drop in front of him, and let bounce for more yardage for punters net.
His insane attitude on Kickoffs, usually cost us more yardage than not.
He's gained us yardage just by his presence on punts. There's no denying that.
But I'm a half full guy, when it comes to Devin.
Would have liked him to stay cheap.
But fuck paying pr , kr millions.
We have other needs.

Hardly remember his kickoff returns inside of the end zone not being returned at least to the 20.

In fact, I'd say most of the time he got us to the 25+. You seem to really have a problem with that aspect of him last season though. It's just weird to me. I always remember him getting out past the 20, rarely and hardly ever stuck us inside of the 15.

And if anything, he fair caught too many punts last year. I think that's due to the problems he had prior, like you said, with letting punts roll due to poor judgement.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gone?

As a Lion fan, I can only say "Thank God." But then again, being a Lions fan, should I really be saying that?

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardly remember his kickoff returns inside of the end zone not being returned at least to the 20.

In fact, I'd say most of the time he got us to the 25+. You seem to really have a problem with that aspect of him last season though. It's just weird to me. I always remember him getting out past the 20, rarely and hardly ever stuck us inside of the 15.

And if anything, he fair caught too many punts last year. I think that's due to the problems he had prior, like you said, with letting punts roll due to poor judgement.

Devin wasn't perfect. But he's probably the best kick (including punts) returner we'll ever see.
Yes he was electrifying at times. And other times you just had to say what the fuck are you doing.
Cutting him loose is just another competent move by our management.
In my mind Devin made some spectacular plays. But probably made more bonehead decisions to out weigh those great plays. JMO.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gone?

As a Lion fan, I can only say "Thank God." But then again, being a Lions fan, should I really be saying that?

He's not gone yet.
Those are just reports put out by NFL.com saying the Bears haven't offered him a contract yet.
But they haven't offered 20+ free agents contracts yet.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devin is gone...period. ....we have no cap space to pay a guy to return kicks......plain and simple.

I will not cheer for him to break the record on another team.......

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would have no doubt already broken the record if the bears didnt do the 10 million dollar bonus to become a top wide receiver. Both of those years, he found the sidelines more times than took the chance to break a long one. Ended up getting paid 4 years 30 million dollars, not 4/40.

I think he did advance as a receiver, but was used wrong. He made a whole lotta nice catches, but more often than not, its a cutler pass that is making the receiver leave his feet and when your feet are off the ground you stopped running.

I kinda think the bears were gonna wait til the 9th or 10th and throw him an Urlacher offer, but with this social media pressure tactic, he gone.

C

cubzzzfanincali

well, he gave us a lot of unforgettable memories. I hope he breaks the record somewhere, even if it's against us.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah.

You are crazy. There is no one even close, in the HISTORY of the game. He is BY FAR the best return man ever. And it's not even close. What he did in his first two seasons is unparalleled.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devin is gone...period. ....we have no cap space to pay a guy to return kicks......plain and simple.

I will not cheer for him to break the record on another team.......

GFY ya neggin POS. You might be the most annoying fucker on this whole site. You fight with everyone on here, and act like your opinion on the Bears is the only one worth listening to.

The Bears page is an embarrassment, and you are leading the cause.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not gone yet.
Those are just reports put out by NFL.com saying the Bears haven't offered him a contract yet.
But they haven't offered 20+ free agents contracts yet.

He did tweet his goodbyes last nite tho, so I'd say its as good as done.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, sure was fun while it lasted.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least I speak the truth

GFY ya neggin POS. You might be the most annoying fucker on this whole site. You fight with everyone on here, and act like your opinion on the Bears is the only one worth listening to.

The Bears page is an embarrassment, and you are leading the cause.

I fight with no one.......your jealousy does embarras me though. and you can kiss my ass because I was correct about Devin.......

:lol::agree::lame:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then ya rep me for telling you to fuck off? :confused:

You're a weird dude leomaz

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UGREajE.gif

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah.

A solid returner? C'mon, that has to be one of the most underrated statements made on this board.