• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HE'S BACK

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well maybe

The Charlotte Observer's Jonathan Alexander reports free agent Cam Newton will meet with the Panthers.​

According to Alexander, the meeting is scheduled for Thursday and will include coach Matt Rhule, owner David Tepper, and VP of football operations Steven Drummond. At 32 and several years removed from his best play, Newton is not a long-term option for a Panthers team that desperately needs one, but perhaps a reunion can help right the ship. With Sam Darnold set to miss several weeks, P.J. Walker is currently the starting quarterback in Carolina.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all anyone will talk about if Cam and RR end up facing each other next week

Not that I can blame them

Been painful to watch my team this year

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well maybe

The Charlotte Observer's Jonathan Alexander reports free agent Cam Newton will meet with the Panthers.​

According to Alexander, the meeting is scheduled for Thursday and will include coach Matt Rhule, owner David Tepper, and VP of football operations Steven Drummond. At 32 and several years removed from his best play, Newton is not a long-term option for a Panthers team that desperately needs one, but perhaps a reunion can help right the ship. With Sam Darnold set to miss several weeks, P.J. Walker is currently the starting quarterback in Carolina.

Oh My God Reaction GIF by The Office

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, another vaccination story pending?

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
File this under: Stories I wasn’t expecting to see this year. Cam back to Carolina. Well, good luck to him.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy moly…

That’s a whole lot for a guy that wasn’t very effective last year.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy moly…

It sure is. What the hell is wrong with the Panthers? No one else seemed to be knocking on Cam's door.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy moly…

The other available options are dubious at best. Darnold is a hot mess if available to play, and I don't think anyone wants to see much more of PJ or the next guy up, Barkley. At least bringing Cam back is a good story even if he fails.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other available options are dubious at best. Darnold is a hot mess if available to play, and I don't think anyone wants to see much more of PJ or the next guy up, Barkley. At least bringing Cam back is a good story even if he fails.

At $10 million?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Panthers signed Cam Newton to a one-year, $10 million contract.​

The deal includes $4.5 million guaranteed. For reference, Newton's last deal with the Patriots only included $1.5 million in guarantees. It's starter's money and a roundabout way for the 32-year-old to return to his old stomping grounds since the organization originally released him for Teddy Bridgewater before shipping the latter and a handful of picks to the Jets for Sam Darnold and now find themselves chasing their tail in bringing Newton back to replace Darnold only nine starts into his first year with the team. The veteran is not a long-term option for Matt Rhule but will fill a void for the rest of the season until the front office can swing for the fences with Aaron Rodgers or Deshaun Watson this offseason. Newton doesn't bring much to the table as a passer anymore but can provide QB2 production for fantasy as long as he continues using his legs.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:surprised: at this move, though Darnold has been terrible the last few weeks.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Panthers signed Cam Newton to a one-year, $10 million contract.​

The deal includes $4.5 million guaranteed. For reference, Newton's last deal with the Patriots only included $1.5 million in guarantees. It's starter's money and a roundabout way for the 32-year-old to return to his old stomping grounds since the organization originally released him for Teddy Bridgewater before shipping the latter and a handful of picks to the Jets for Sam Darnold and now find themselves chasing their tail in bringing Newton back to replace Darnold only nine starts into his first year with the team. The veteran is not a long-term option for Matt Rhule but will fill a void for the rest of the season until the front office can swing for the fences with Aaron Rodgers or Deshaun Watson this offseason. Newton doesn't bring much to the table as a passer anymore but can provide QB2 production for fantasy as long as he continues using his legs.
Why even give him $4.5M guaranteed? They bidding against themselves? LOL