• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here's looking forward to next season

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before I go drink my pain away for the rest of the night, just wanted to say a few things. First, I want to thank the team for an amazing year. Back to back division champs and AL champs, and that counts for something. This was the best year in franchise history, and although I know we will top that there will always be things I will remember.

- Nellie's 6 HR's in the ALCS and 8 total in October. Simply amazing, legendary type stuff. If he can stay healthy he could be the HR king of the league.

- Holland's emergence at the end of the regular season and in the WS. He had his hiccups in the regular season and in the playoffs but there's no question this guy has the stuff to be a dominant pitcher. Can't wait to see what he brings next year.

- Young's best season. He's been Mr. Ranger for a decade and it was great to see him with his best year offensively. I don't think he's going downhill anytime soon. Look forward to see his journey towards 3,000 hits.

- Beltre's impact. Stellar defense and his month of September was stunning. 12 home runs in 17 games is something you'll hardly ever see. Love having him on the team.

- Kinsler's stellar defense, power, baserunning, run scoring, and ability to get on base. We can sit here and debate his swing and BA but he really had a great year and I think he will be better next year.

- The emergence of our bullpen. Despite the recent collapse, from the time we traded for Adams through the ALCS, we've had a very dominant bullpen and that's a great thing to see as a Rangers fan.

I didn't get to see the WS last year because I was deployed, but it was still heartbreaking. In some ways this year is worse than the last because I was able to see almost every game this year and had a much stronger feeling of attachment, and the fact that we let game 6 slip away. But in someways this loss isn't as bad as last year, and no it's not because I'm "used to losing". Even as a die hard Rangers fan I couldn't help but feel like maybe last year was our fluke year, our year of destiny, and if we didn't win that year, we probably won't get back. This year the difference is I think Texas has clearly shown that they are the best team in the AL and are the team to beat. I think we will be a contender for a very long time with the talent, management, and farm system that we have now.

So here's to the Texas Rangers, 2012 World Series Champions. Here's looking forward to an exciting offseason where I have no doubt some big moves will be made. Congrats to the Cards for the win, they deserve it. I hope they win the NL next year so we can beat the shit out of them!

GO RANGERS!!!!

1502tuley

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thanks for the perspective Guit.

I'm not where you are yet, I'm still very down on what feels like an absolute deep throat choke job. I hope I can get to where you are before next year's WS.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Before I go drink my pain away for the rest of the night, just wanted to say a few things. First, I want to thank the team for an amazing year. Back to back division champs and AL champs, and that counts for something. This was the best year in franchise history, and although I know we will top that there will always be things I will remember.

- Nellie's 6 HR's in the ALCS and 8 total in October. Simply amazing, legendary type stuff. If he can stay healthy he could be the HR king of the league.

- Holland's emergence at the end of the regular season and in the WS. He had his hiccups in the regular season and in the playoffs but there's no question this guy has the stuff to be a dominant pitcher. Can't wait to see what he brings next year.

- Young's best season. He's been Mr. Ranger for a decade and it was great to see him with his best year offensively. I don't think he's going downhill anytime soon. Look forward to see his journey towards 3,000 hits.

- Beltre's impact. Stellar defense and his month of September was stunning. 12 home runs in 17 games is something you'll hardly ever see. Love having him on the team.

- Kinsler's stellar defense, power, baserunning, run scoring, and ability to get on base. We can sit here and debate his swing and BA but he really had a great year and I think he will be better next year.

- The emergence of our bullpen. Despite the recent collapse, from the time we traded for Adams through the ALCS, we've had a very dominant bullpen and that's a great thing to see as a Rangers fan.

I didn't get to see the WS last year because I was deployed, but it was still heartbreaking. In some ways this year is worse than the last because I was able to see almost every game this year and had a much stronger feeling of attachment, and the fact that we let game 6 slip away. But in someways this loss isn't as bad as last year, and no it's not because I'm "used to losing". Even as a die hard Rangers fan I couldn't help but feel like maybe last year was our fluke year, our year of destiny, and if we didn't win that year, we probably won't get back. This year the difference is I think Texas has clearly shown that they are the best team in the AL and are the team to beat. I think we will be a contender for a very long time with the talent, management, and farm system that we have now.

So here's to the Texas Rangers, 2012 World Series Champions. Here's looking forward to an exciting offseason where I have no doubt some big moves will be made. Congrats to the Cards for the win, they deserve it. I hope they win the NL next year so we can beat the shit out of them!

GO RANGERS!!!!

Very nice write up ... summarizes a great season ... back to back American League Champions for a franchise that had only won one post season game before last year.

Home field advantage plays big in the post season. Those who pooh pooh'ed it know now what it means to a team when you have go play on the road in Game 6 and 7. So in addition to winning the AL again ... Wash has got to lead the AL All Stars to finally take back the HFA. It's a crappy rule and with only 14 teams the AL owners aren't going to be able to vote the change back to the alternating years like it was since 1903.

Go Rangers!

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we'll be back next year. we will do something about the starting pitching probably re-signing CJ and adding another veteran and shore up the 1st base position with someone like Pujols

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
we'll be back next year. we will do something about the starting pitching probably re-signing CJ and adding another veteran and shore up the 1st base position with someone like Pujols

Will probably do something about an SP ... but I bet it will not be CJ. If you sign Pujols to play 1b ... where does Young play in NL parks?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will probably do something about an SP ... but I bet it will not be CJ. If you sign Pujols to play 1b ... where does Young play in NL parks?

on Pujols, we'll have to wait until the 2012 WS series to see.

i still think the Rangers go after and re-sign CJ. he's only been a starter for 2 years and i think he will get better. but i think the Rangers may look at adding someone like Buehrle as a #2

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Before the WS ... there are those pesky 9 or 10 interleague games in NL parks you have to contend with too.

Buerhle possibly ... but I'd rather get James Shields ... especially if CJ does not return. If he does return ... then I'd still go after Shields. Buehrle might be cheap insurance. And then of course there is always Brandon Webb ... who I would sign to the same deal he had this season but contingent on him being on the roster by 1 May.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the WS ... there are those pesky 9 or 10 interleague games in NL parks you have to contend with too.

Buerhle possibly ... but I'd rather get James Shields ... especially if CJ does not return. If he does return ... then I'd still go after Shields. Buehrle might be cheap insurance. And then of course there is always Brandon Webb ... who I would sign to the same deal he had this season but contingent on him being on the roster by 1 May.

letting CJ walk and then trading for Shields hurts the team more than just re-sign CJ and looking at Buehrle. if we go after Shields, we are looking at losing at least 2 of our top level minor league arms and at least 1 maybe 2 level "b" players. that's too much.

re-sign CJ
re-sign Michael Gonzalez.
sign Buehrle
sign Javier Lopez
sign Pujols

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally on board for going after big game Shields as I've said before. We could still go after Darvish too, Shields contract isn't very big. A potential Shields Holland Darvish top 3 would be awesome! One can hope.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Scotty ... I think we have had this conversation before ... we shall see. You might be right.

I have zero interest in that AAAA pitcher from Japan though ... as you and I have also beat all over.

ashcan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

GO RANGERS!!!!

Texas Rangers, 2012 World Series Champions.
To take Bum Phillip's quote just one step further:
2010, we got to the door.
2011, we banged on it, tore the *ucking hinges off, and the sumbitch still didn't open.
2012. We're gonna' get a bulldozer. *uck the door. Were gonna just knock the whole house down.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
personally i didnt read any post ..................but fuck the rangers im pissed fuck them if they wanted to be champs we would be champs and they fucking blew it and to sit there and watch them blow sunshine up my ass in the interviews FUCK OFF...........JUST TELL ME YOU FUCKED UP AND WE BLEW IT EVERYONE KNOWS IT......WE FUCKED UP AND WE SHOULD HAVE WON

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
personally i didnt read any post ..................but fuck the rangers im pissed fuck them if they wanted to be champs we would be champs and they fucking blew it and to sit there and watch them blow sunshine up my ass in the interviews FUCK OFF...........JUST TELL ME YOU FUCKED UP AND WE BLEW IT EVERYONE KNOWS IT......WE FUCKED UP AND WE SHOULD HAVE WON

You can say that in a Superbowl where only one game is played. This was a best of 7 series... The team that "should have won" won.

1502tuley

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You can say that in a Superbowl where only one game is played. This was a best of 7 series... The team that "should have won" won.

Dude, where were you the entire playoff run? Why are you here now? What is your motivation to post on our board now? Go away, we could really care less what you think. We will call you if that sentiment changes.

Last edited by a moderator:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where was I the entire series? Not watching it... I am a member of SportsHoopla and shall dwell wherever my mouse chooses. Think of me as a shot of common sense... My statement makes much more sense than any of your fanbases idiotic excuses. But carry on.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where was I the entire series? Not watching it... I am a member of SportsHoopla and shall dwell wherever my mouse chooses. Think of me as a shot of common sense... My statement makes much more sense than any of your fanbases idiotic excuses. But carry on.

Dude, there is no place on a sports message board for common sense. Either get your cheerleader outfit on or start posting on the comments section of Yahoo stories. :laugh:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scotty ... I think we have had this conversation before ... we shall see. You might be right.

I have zero interest in that AAAA pitcher from Japan though ... as you and I have also beat all over.

and i've come over to the view that the Rangers may pass on Darvish. there are still rumors that the Rangers may pursue him and may still be the favorite but i'm beginning to think that they will go after CJ and Buehrle instead

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally on board for going after big game Shields as I've said before. We could still go after Darvish too, Shields contract isn't very big. A potential Shields Holland Darvish top 3 would be awesome! One can hope.

TB is going to be looking to get at least 2 major pitching prospects from anyone trying to get Shields. Are you willing to give up at minimum 2 from this list? Martin Perez, David Perez, Rose, Hamburger, De Los Santos, Scheppers or Kirkman.

and they probably would want more

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, there is no place on a sports message board for common sense. Either get your cheerleader outfit on or start posting on the comments section of Yahoo stories. :laugh:

How'd you know what I was dressing up as tonight? Pervert. :spy: