• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here's looking forward to next season

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you're just freaking me out. :bolt:

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you're just freaking me out. :bolt:

I'm freaking you out??? You're the one wearing the cheerleader outfit tonight while I'll be home watching Sienfeld reruns.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Al spent $4,000 on WS tickets the last two years. Hell of a pretender.

Just keep posting those locker room rumors, big guy.

yeah, right i believe you. NOT.

and on a sports board what do you talk about if not rumors? in your case it's getting rid of MY, letting CJ walk, releasing Harrison and others with no suggest of whom to replace them with.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was supposed to be a positive thread...fuck it, I tried.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad, i just get tired of Al's crap

My crap? You can't even keep the facts straight. I have never said anything about getting rid of MY. And how is not being in favor of a bidding war over CJ's services considered getting rid of him??

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My crap? You can't even keep the facts straight. I have never said anything about getting rid of MY. And how is not being in favor of a bidding war over CJ's services considered getting rid of him??

okay, my bad. what would you do with a player who hit .338 and had more than 205 hits? you griped about him most of the season and it got worse during the post-season.

and how do you get any player without getting in a bidding process? if you don't want to get into a bidding war for him then you are basically saying get rid of him.

now a question for you: what, in your opinion, should the Rangers do to maintain the caliber of play they have obtained?

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay, my bad. what would you do with a player who hit .338 and had more than 205 hits? you griped about him most of the season and it got worse during the post-season.

and how do you get any player without getting in a bidding process? if you don't want to get into a bidding war for him then you are basically saying get rid of him.

now a question for you: what, in your opinion, should the Rangers do to maintain the caliber of play they have obtained?

There is nothing to do with MY except sit him on the bench as a full time DH and get him the hell out of the 4 hole. He refusal to take walks sometimes does as much damage as his fielding. Unfortunately, his contract makes him a Ranger for a long time. Nothing to be done there.

If CJ doesn't want to sign here for a fair price then his is getting rid of the Rangers. Getting rid of a player is usually done through the DFA process or by trade.

If I wanted to maintain the present day caliber of play I would keep things just like they are or I would hope Jon Daniels would begin working some trades to improve our position. Guys like Harrison, Borbon, O'Day, Kirkman and Lowe come to mind as trade material, depending on contract status. Murphy's time is probably up as well. Use his money to sign Gonzalez?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TB is going to be looking to get at least 2 major pitching prospects from anyone trying to get Shields. Are you willing to give up at minimum 2 from this list? Martin Perez, David Perez, Rose, Hamburger, De Los Santos, Scheppers or Kirkman.

and they probably would want more

For Shields, yeah, I would. We're looking to win right now, not a few years down the road.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
personally i didnt read any post ..................but fuck the rangers im pissed fuck them if they wanted to be champs we would be champs and they fucking blew it and to sit there and watch them blow sunshine up my ass in the interviews FUCK OFF...........JUST TELL ME YOU FUCKED UP AND WE BLEW IT EVERYONE KNOWS IT......WE FUCKED UP AND WE SHOULD HAVE WON

good riddance

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i've come over to the view that the Rangers may pass on Darvish. there are still rumors that the Rangers may pursue him and may still be the favorite but i'm beginning to think that they will go after CJ and Buehrle instead

why would they add ANOTHER LH SP?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TB is going to be looking to get at least 2 major pitching prospects from anyone trying to get Shields. Are you willing to give up at minimum 2 from this list? Martin Perez, David Perez, Rose, Hamburger, De Los Santos, Scheppers or Kirkman.

and they probably would want more

no to the Perez's but anyone else on the list sure

I don't know who Rose is

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah there's no way they go after CJ AND Buehrle. I'm not really interested in Buehrle anyway. Just another LH mid rotation guy, we have plenty of those. In a perfect world we trade for Shields and sign Darvish, and our rotation looks like this...Shields, Holland, Ogando, Harrison, Darvish.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah there's no way they go after CJ AND Buehrle. I'm not really interested in Buehrle anyway. Just another LH mid rotation guy, we have plenty of those. In a perfect world we trade for Shields and sign Darvish, and our rotation looks like this...Shields, Holland, Ogando, Harrison, Darvish.

you seem to be locked on Shields. he's a good pitcher i just don't think he's worth what it would cost us from our minor league system

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you seem to be locked on Shields. he's a good pitcher i just don't think he's worth what it would cost us from our minor league system

Yeah but the thing is we need an ace to have a shot next year...CJ is not, Buehrle is not, Oswalt is not, CC could be but I like Shields more because he's younger, cheaper, not fat, and he's not a Yankee. Don't forget TB is pretty high on Moore and needs offense so I don't think they'd want the kitchen sink to let go of Shields.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah but the thing is we need an ace to have a shot next year...CJ is not, Buehrle is not, Oswalt is not, CC could be but I like Shields more because he's younger, cheaper, not fat, and he's not a Yankee. Don't forget TB is pretty high on Moore and needs offense so I don't think they'd want the kitchen sink to let go of Shields.

Boy I agree on Shields. Not sure what they will want or what they will need but how about Harrison + Scheppers + Borbon + ??? for Shields?

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

That is a legitimate concern ... but TEX needs a Shields-like guy for #1.

TEX has to figure out who they want ... and then find a way to make it work. You worry about "what it would cost us from our minor league system" ... yet you haven't shown any confidence in Ramirez or Perez being inserted into TEX #5 spot. So I suggest you can't have it both ways: Too good to trade ... but not good enough to promote. TEX needs a #1 who will win half of the matchups against the other team's #1 in every post season matchup. CJ doesn't get you there. Shields or a guy as good as Shields does.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy I agree on Shields. Not sure what they will want or what they will need but how about Harrison + Scheppers + Borbon + ??? for Shields?

Don't know if I'd let go of Matt but I wouldn't rule it out. TB thinks they have the best farm system, I'm not familiar with their prospects but I'm sure they have someone they could call up. A Price, Moore, Hellickson, Niemann + one of their guys or one of our guys is a pretty solid rotation. Thing is they need run support for any of those guys to be good. Yorvit would be a pretty big upgrade over Shoppach offensively. They also have a need at SS but Profar still has a long way to go before filling Elvis's spot.