• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here's looking forward to next season

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Meh, he's a back up. When the alternative is Treanor or Teagarden I'll take Yorvit and leave the young pitching to the world's greatest pitching coach.... until a better option shows up.

I contend that the decision to start Torrealba in Game 3 cost TEX the WS. With STL ahead 2-0 and bases loaded in Top 4th Torrealba's lack of foot agility was exposed when he set up on the 3b side of the plate despite the force out situation which calls for setting up away from the runner coming home in order to complete the potential inning ending double play. Napoli's throw was to the 1b side and rather than shift to catch it Torrealba reached across and fell on his face allowing two more runs to score. In the bottom of the 4th ... TEX scored 3 runs.

Had Torrealba fielded Napoli's throw and completed the double play ... TEX would have been leading 3 - 2 at this point in the game and could very well have held that lead to take Game 3 ... and taking the series in five games.

Torrealba has never been much more than a backup catcher ... and backups strength needs to be their defense. In 2011 regular season in every range or defensive category he is inferior to Napoli including CS% and CERA where his experience should prevail.

Torrealba is a spare. I would prefer either Treanor or TT as a backup over Torrealba. Both of whom are superior defensively and handling pitchers.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I contend that the decision to start Torrealba in Game 3 cost TEX the WS. With STL ahead 2-0 and bases loaded in Top 4th Torrealba's lack of foot agility was exposed when he set up on the 3b side of the plate despite the force out situation which calls for setting up away from the runner coming home in order to complete the potential inning ending double play. Napoli's throw was to the 1b side and rather than shift to catch it Torrealba reached across and fell on his face allowing two more runs to score. In the bottom of the 4th ... TEX scored 3 runs.

Had Torrealba fielded Napoli's throw and completed the double play ... TEX would have been leading 3 - 2 at this point in the game and could very well have held that lead to take Game 3 ... and taking the series in five games.

Cost them the WS? Really?? And I thought it was the umpires. :bounce:

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Cost them the WS? Really?? And I thought it was the umpires. :bounce:

Torrealba and Vlad Guerrero both whose physical liabilities should have kept them off the field during back to back WS.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could say a lot of plays cost TEX the world series. Pinpointing it to Yorvit is kind of unfair.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torrealba and Vlad Guerrero both whose physical liabilities should have kept them off the field during back to back WS.

The same thing could be said about MY's juggling act at 1st base. Saying that Torrealba cost them the WS because Napoli couldn't hit him with a point blank throw is a stretch considering the long list of screw ups by the entire roster. Not to mention the call at 1st base in that inning.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the biggest play was easily Cruz not catching that ball at the fence

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the biggest play was easily Cruz not catching that ball at the fence

Probably so. I think the least talked about difference in ths game, aside from the stupid HFA joke, was the hitting. Our guys free swinging approach never forced the Cardinal pitches to pitch in the strike zone. They swung at to many pitches out of the strike zone. It was an OK approach in a 162 games schedule but it bit them in the butt in this series. By contrast, in game 7 the Cardinal's 2-4 hitters were 2-9, but still scored 6 times.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from Kinsler and Nap I don't think any of our guys work the count very well.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from Kinsler and Nap I don't think any of our guys work the count very well.

Nope, and it literally helped to kill 1st inning rallies in games 6 and 7 when Young and Beltre struck out on balls a foot off the plate with a runner on 2nd base.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Agree. Elvis would do what he could in some spots ... but was probably victimized by more marginal strike calls than anybody else ... getting him behind in the count and at higher risk of going down.

Carpenter was not that sharp at the beginning of 7 ... but Beltre helped him

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i don't think anyone really worked the count very well. Nap averaged approximately 4.5 pitches each plate appearance and Kinsler barely exceed 4 pitches. that's not good

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't think anyone really worked the count very well. Nap averaged approximately 4.5 pitches each plate appearance and Kinsler barely exceed 4 pitches. that's not good

Hitting .350 and .360 is pretty good.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comment about Kins and Nap was referring to the entire season. A 7 game series isn't a very big sample size. If you get a pitch to hit, you swing regardless of the count.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comment about Kins and Nap was referring to the entire season. A 7 game series isn't a very big sample size. If you get a pitch to hit, you swing regardless of the count.

and i agree. i would hope we could see our lead-off hitter take a few more pitches but Kinsler is Kinsler

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i agree. i would hope we could see our lead-off hitter take a few more pitches but Kinsler is Kinsler

You don't get as many walks as he did or score as many runs without seeing a lot of pitches. He's still a better and more valuable player than your boy.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't get as many walks as he did or score as many runs without seeing a lot of pitches. He's still a better and more valuable player than your boy.

so because i like what MY has done for this team makes him my boy. well thank you. i'll take a player who gets 200+ hits and hits .338 and drives in 100+ runs while giving the team a player who played multiple positions (including DH, 3B, 1B, 2B & SS) to support his team during the periods of injuries to his teammates, giving his teammates deserved rest and handling a position (1B) that he had NEVER played before.

and i consider Kinsler to be my boy too along with every player on the Rangers roster and in the minors.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do yall think the Rangers would be interested in Reyes? I think if I had my pick between him and Pujols, I'd take the guy who can fill our #2 spot. Then we could trade Elvis, Yorvit, and a couple more guys for Shields! Man that'd be awesome.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do yall think the Rangers would be interested in Reyes? I think if I had my pick between him and Pujols, I'd take the guy who can fill our #2 spot. Then we could trade Elvis, Yorvit, and a couple more guys for Shields! Man that'd be awesome.

Interesting. Isn't Scott Boras Elvis's agent?