• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here is what I dislike about Osborne

SHADYBILLY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Gill’s close relationship with Nebraska athletic director Tom Osborne has been well-documented. A best man in Gill’s wedding, Osborne has said in interviews and wrote in his book “Beyond the Final Score” that telling Gill he wasn’t going to be hired as Nebraska coach in 2007 was one of the hardest things he’s had to do.

If that is one of the hardest think he had to so then he lives a very shelter life. I wonder what he told Gill the reason, We needed a defensive coach so we could finish 102nd in total offense. Did he tell Gill the real truth that Nu fans couldn't handle having a minority head coach.

If Gill would have lost 8 games in the last 2 years he would have been booed right out the stadium. If Gill would ran off the field screaming obscenities he would have been fired on the spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McBride

Outstanding in my field
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very well that you have an opinion of this, but I disagree totally. Tom Osborne is class in every sense of the word. He felt that Bo Pelini is what this program needed to light a fire under it's ass. And it would be very difficult for him to not give the job to Turner Gill, whom he has known and tutored since he was 18 years old.

landon410

In the deed the glory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"If that is one of the hardest think he had to so then he lives a very shelter life."

this is nicely worded

stop with the stupid trolling or i'll do what ex wants

SHADYBILLY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"If that is one of the hardest think he had to so then he lives a very shelter life."

this is nicely worded

Landon, Just my opinion why is that trolling? I only write what I believe, If you or Exlax disagree with me thats fine.I don't think it's fair to threaten me with removal from the board if I can't express my true feeling!!!!!!!!!!!

SHADYBILLY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i give up, keep calling the entire state racist

I didn't call the whole state racist, Am I the only one on this board who wonders why we haven't had a minority head coach since 1890's? You know there are only 4 or 5 in all of college football, So Nu is not the only one!!!

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about stop trying to over analyze crap in which you don't know wtf is going on.

landon410

In the deed the glory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
who gives a fuck....

does do you have to label gill as a BLACK coach?
racist bastard......

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gill wasn't hired because he was black, it's because the powers to be didn't think his plan was what Nebraska needed at this time to get back on track.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
Holy Shit; You mean to tell me, that T. Gill is black and a minority?
No fuckin' way. Does he (Gill) know this?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ shadybilly

When Gill starts winning Big XII north championships your post will have some merit.
Until then stop insinuating Osborne is a racist. It is he who was tasked with evaluating potential coaches and he that was tasked with hiring one. I'm sure it was difficult for him to pass on a valued friend. It shows Osborne's got a ton of class by putting the needs of the program ahead of himself and his friend.

Defense wins championships. Without one you are playing WAC football. Football games can be and are won 7-6, 10-7 etc..

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't call the whole state racist, Am I the only one on this board who wonders why we haven't had a minority head coach since 1890's? You know there are only 4 or 5 in all of college football, So Nu is not the only one!!!

Because we haven't found one who was qualified enough?
With the injury problems and inexperience on offense, evidently you're dumb enough to believe Gill would've done better? Wow!

shady, you've said before that people are racist since they don't want a black coach here. Why should anyone believe it when you say you didn't call the whole state racist?

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

If you look at the track record of black coaches over the years, you may understand why schools are hesitant to hire them. Does Blake, Willingham, and Prince ring a bell?
There are many more, but I'll let you do the research to find them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gill’s close relationship with Nebraska athletic director Tom Osborne has been well-documented. A best man in Gill’s wedding, Osborne has said in interviews and wrote in his book “Beyond the Final Score” that telling Gill he wasn’t going to be hired as Nebraska coach in 2007 was one of the hardest things he’s had to do.

If that is one of the hardest think he had to so then he lives a very shelter life. I wonder what he told Gill the reason, We needed a defensive coach so we could finish 102nd in total offense. Did he tell Gill the real truth that Nu fans couldn't handle having a minority head coach.

If Gill would have lost 8 games in the last 2 years he would have been booed right out the stadium. If Gill would ran off the field screaming obscenities he would have been fired on the spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have got to be kidding?! Our defense would not have been as good the last 2 years, so I truly believe Gill would've been run out of town with 2 losing teams in a row!

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

this is nicely worded

Gasp!

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Because we haven't found one who was qualified enough?
With the injury problems and inexperience on offense, evidently you're dumb enough to believe Gill would've done better? Wow!

Why should anyone believe it when you say you didn't call the whole state racist?

Let me rephrase this... "shady, you've said before that people are racist since you believe they don't want a black coach here."

SHADYBILLY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If you look at the track record of black coaches over the years, you may understand why schools are hesitant to hire them. Does Blake, Willingham, and Prince ring a bell?
There are many more, but I'll let you do the research to find them.

there haven't been enough minority coaches to have a track record...but does Tony dunge ring a bell

SHADYBILLY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Let me rephrase this... "shady, you've said before that people are racist since you believe they don't want a black coach here."

I said I wonder if Osborne had the balls to tell Gill a minority coach would not work with NU fans!!!!!

SHADYBILLY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You have got to be kidding?! Our defense would not have been as good the last 2 years, so I truly believe Gill would've been run out of town with 2 losing teams in a row!

Well are offense would have been a lot better....and offense wins super bowls just ask the saints 25th in defense!!!!