• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here is my take on what we do tonight

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark, it's not that simple. There were many problems with our passing attack last year, including Robert himself. But to say that our pass blocking was not a big contributor of some failures is not being realistic. Our OL sucked at pass blocking last year. If anything, Robert made them look better than they were in 2012 due to his mobility. He didn't have that same mobility last year so their weaknesses became evident. It makes complete sense that we attempt to upgrade our OL via the draft. But you don't draft an OL man just for the sake of change, which is what some are advocating here. Only draft players that are clear long term upgrades, especially with our first two picks.

j_y.... to a degree it is that simple though. For weeks people have been saying I dont care who or what is on the board we need to take O-line period. Thats not about talent, its about drafting solely based on perceived need. Nothing more. Now as there are not many players left with a possible first round grade that are also a posible need for us, Im fine with the O-line or else mentality now. I really dont see a D-lineman contributing and OLB would just be over kill.

I will give you this nugget though. They put up a graphic last night of the five worst teams when it came to QB pressures last year... you realize we were not on that list. The way some talk about our line I was relatively certain we would top that list and by a large margin. So you can Imagine my shock that we werent even on the list.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
j_y.... to a degree it is that simple though. For weeks people have been saying I dont care who or what is on the board we need to take O-line period. Thats not about talent, its about drafting solely based on perceived need. Nothing more. Now as there are not many players left with a possible first round grade that are also a posible need for us, Im fine with the O-line or else mentality now. I really dont see a D-lineman contributing and OLB would just be over kill.

I will give you this nugget though. They put up a graphic last night of the five worst teams when it came to QB pressures last year... you realize we were not on that list. The way some talk about our line I was relatively certain we would top that list and by a large margin. So you can Imagine my shock that we werent even on the list.

I'm surprised to hear that also. Do you remember the 5 teams?

Still doesn't mean we shouldn't try an upgrade. I hope you understand that I am not one of those OL or bust guys, tho.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we have age on our d/line . that doesnt mean at 34 we need to take a d/lineman . we can get value later in the draft for that position . urban and ellis pop into mind

now out of all the o/lineman on the board , to me moses offers the best value . but trading down and getting a sua filo isnt a bad move or a martin

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised to hear that also. Do you remember the 5 teams?

Still doesn't mean we shouldn't try an upgrade. I hope you understand that I am not one of those OL or bust guys, tho.

Sadly I do not remember the five teams. By that point I was running on my ritualistic draft day menu of Spicy Chilli and Ice Cold Coors. BUt I know Miami was on the list (expected) As was Seattle (that one shocked me)

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way guys, I was never against trying to upgrade the O-line. I was against taking an O-lineman if a better player at another position who also fit a need was on the board. Since that is not the case now.... Im fine with O-line at this point.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such bullshit Shark.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean... since when does saying I dont think we need to press for an O-line man at all costs constitute me saying I am against upgrading the O-line? Di I want us to take an O-lineman this time yesterday?? Not at all because I thought (hoped actually) that there would be a better player still on the board. As that better player did get picked over the O-lineman that are left, and I dont see a player consistently worth the 34th pick that i would want, I have accepted that the odds are we take the 2nd teir O-lineman... which is what is basically left.

Freeforall

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shark, is this the list you're talking about?
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/04/17/quarterbacks-under-pressure/

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BPA could be a WR just sayin.

Kevin.... While I do agree that is still a possibility. I have stopped saying it as I have now gotten this strange pain in my neck I havent had since I dumped that voodoo chick back in 91... which leads me to believe some one out there is hoping to put the hex on that possibility. :laugh3:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This list is not quite the same. This is the blitz rate as a percentage of total drop backs. There are a couple of reasons why RG3 might not be blitzed as much as others. First, because opponents don't need to blitz as they can apply pressure with just 4 against a weak Oline (sound familiar?). Second, we were behind big so many times that teams went into prevent mode and didn't need to risk giving up a big play against a blitz. 3rd is robert himself. Although not as mobile as his first year, DCs still had to be concerned that Robert could turn a blitz into a big play all by himself.

Seattle may have been blitzed a bunch because teams were trying to force turnovers to get back into games which Seattle had already run off a big lead.

What would be relevant would be the number of times that Robert was sacked, hit, or pressured as a percent of drop backs compared to other QBs.