• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here is my take on the Super Bowl.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I criticized one play and everyone seems to think I said Seahawks got blown out and Russell Wilson did horrible.

I wasn't really rooting for either team, just hoped it was close. I hate both teams. So, I'm just glad it was close.

Russell did horrible the first 1 1/2 quarters. Pats defense pretty much shut their offense down during that time. Then in the middle of the 2nd, they woke up. Russell Wilson was on fire during that time. He made some big plays on his feet when his OL was doing terrible pass blocking or Pats pass coverage was not letting Seahawk's WRs to get open. The OL did a good job run blocking. Lynch got hit 3-5 yards down the field and gained 3-5 more yards after contact.

Now I still think he made a bad pass on his last play (1 play). So, no, I still don't think he was clutch. He played great in the game, fun to watch. I consider him elite among current QBs. I would put him 5th behind Rodgers, Brady, Manning, and Brees. Yes, above Luck, Roethlisberger, Romo, and Rivers.

I figured Gronk would be the receiver that would get the most catches, not the RB. I like Tom Brady. I think he should retire now. Leave on top. It seems his relationship with NE is getting worse each year. Their defense had amazing coverage and they did pressure RW a lot.

And I had a feeling a fight was coming sometime. Wasn't expecting around 5 players to be involved, but I noticed throughout the game some extra pushing. I am curious what NFL will do about it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I criticized one play and everyone seems to think I said Seahawks got blown out and Russell Wilson did horrible.

I wasn't really rooting for either team, just hoped it was close. I hate both teams. So, I'm just glad it was close.

Russell did horrible the first 1 1/2 quarters. Pats defense pretty much shut their offense down during that time. Then in the middle of the 2nd, they woke up. Russell Wilson was on fire during that time. He made some big plays on his feet when his OL was doing terrible pass blocking or Pats pass coverage was not letting Seahawk's WRs to get open. The OL did a good job run blocking. Lynch got hit 3-5 yards down the field and gained 3-5 more yards after contact.

Now I still think he made a bad pass on his last play (1 play). So, no, I still don't think he was clutch. He played great in the game, fun to watch. I consider him elite among current QBs. I would put him 5th behind Rodgers, Brady, Manning, and Brees. Yes, above Luck, Roethlisberger, Romo, and Rivers.

I figured Gronk would be the receiver that would get the most catches, not the RB. I like Tom Brady. I think he should retire now. Leave on top. It seems his relationship with NE is getting worse each year. Their defense had amazing coverage and they did pressure RW a lot.

And I had a feeling a fight was coming sometime. Wasn't expecting around 5 players to be involved, but I noticed throughout the game some extra pushing. I am curious what NFL will do about it.

I'm not sure what you mean by his relationship with NE?????

As far as the fight? NFL should cash the checks and forget it. Maybe make some PC statement.....

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take is that Pete fucked up big time and then made himself look even more like a complete moron with his explanation of the call. His team deserved for him to be better than he was and he lost his team a Championship. Pretty much summed it up for me

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would put him 5th behind Rodgers, Brady, Manning, and Brees. Yes, above Luck, Roethlisberger, Romo, and Rivers.

Your QB rankings are silly. Romo was the 2nd best QB last year.

Tom Brady also shouldn't retire because he has a chance at winning another next year

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady's Dad Gave An Ominous Quote About His Son's Future With The Patriots - Yahoo News

I agree that NFL should forget about it, but when have they ever "forgotten about it"?

Did you read that article? It was all about Brady will want to play forever!!!!!

So Brady's Dad thinks that NE will have to cut him someday. Not today!!!!!

You think Brady should quit today after SB MVP so he does not get cut 5 years from now?????

Hadn't thought about it that way.....

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on the Super Bowl: didn't watch it. Kinda upset it was close because that means that people actually watched it.

Seattle isn't 'clutch' for one week and everybody blames the OC. Newsflash: Seattle always calls plays that aren't the norm for down and distance. Thats what they do. Please fire your OC.

Now people who didn't see Montana play will compare Brady to Montana

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take is that Pete fucked up big time and then made himself look even more like a complete moron with his explanation of the call. His team deserved for him to be better than he was and he lost his team a Championship. Pretty much summed it up for me

Pete doesn't call the offense. He's just being a classy head coach and taking the heat for his OC's horrible, trophy-costing play call.

van_basten

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete doesn't call the offense. He's just being a classy head coach and taking the heat for his OC's horrible, trophy-costing play call.

Pete is the head coach. He could have override the call if he thinks that's not the right play.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson had 20 TDs and 7 INTs during the season. Why should they assume he would throw an INT?

Not saying it is the best play call, just saying not the worst. Definitely not one that lost the game.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on the Super Bowl: didn't watch it. Kinda upset it was close because that means that people actually watched it.

Seattle isn't 'clutch' for one week and everybody blames the OC. Newsflash: Seattle always calls plays that aren't the norm for down and distance. Thats what they do. Please fire your OC.

Now people who didn't see Montana play will compare Brady to Montana

I saw Brady play. At candlestick.

I remember my grandmother many years ago.
When someone would look at a child and say "you know who he/she looks like?"
She would always respond, "he looks like himself"
It is not wrong to compare Brady with Montana but to compare them as one being better than the other is frivolous

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete is the head coach. He could have override the call if he thinks that's not the right play.

Pete should a done that ... But he let Bevell call it, and it was ABSOLUTELY one of the worst play call's ever for that moment... Slant route on the half yard line... #@$^!@^ me ... Use Lynch ... NO reason to risk that .. sick sick feeling...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wilson needs more help offensively.... We have back-up TE's, walk on receivers... I like Baldwin dude has heart, but he's not a #1 guy ... You give Wilson weapons watch out..

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Tom Brady. I think he should retire now. Leave on top. It seems his relationship with NE is getting worse each year.

True. It used to be the case that a large fraction of the local women wanted to fuck him. Now the fraction, while still large, is surely somewhat smaller, since he's married with kids and since some of the younger ones like Gronk better anyway.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Brady play. At candlestick.

I remember my grandmother many years ago.
When someone would look at a child and say "you know who he/she looks like?"
She would always respond, "he looks like himself"
It is not wrong to compare Brady with Montana but to compare them as one being better than the other is frivolous

Correction: I meant to say "I saw Montana play. At Candle stick. He was quite the QB - from the beginning.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is still forgetting what a HECK of a play Butler made of the ball. A split second later or earlier and this thread wouldn't be here and no one would be blaming Carroll. Thinking about it more, it was actually a smart call, just didn't work. Do you really think the patriots were thinking, "I bet Wilson will throw here and not use the best RB on the team who easily can get 1/2 yard" I certainly don't

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what you mean by his relationship with NE?????

As far as the fight? NFL should cash the checks and forget it. Maybe make some PC statement.....

Southie I was just wondering the same thing? His relationship is great with NE and when he retires after say 3 more seasons, I could see him come back as a QBC or OC.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take as well

1st off...I picked NE 24-20...got the winner and margin of victory right at least.

The game played out somewhat like I thought it might in terms of the beginning...NE would get a lead and kind of hang on for the win.

Well...SEA closing score before the half changed all that...getting the ball in the 3rd, I thought they should've taken the FG, but Carroll has been aggressive in these spots before.

One NE OFC strategic twist was keeping the targets to Sherman to a minimum and focusing on the LBs...it seemed to work pretty well.

Imo...the turning point in the game was when SEA took Brady's 2nd pick and turned it into 6...NE being down 2 possessions going into the 4th clearly put them in pass mode and the lack of pressure from the SEA front 4 was exploited...to compound that, SEA tried to go out of character and pass early in the downs and had a couple of 3 and outs which put a DEF back out there that had already faced nearly 15 more plays than NE's DEF had and it showed on the final NE drive...Brady was barely touched.

I felt from the beginning that the SEA DL was not the same as LY and that would be the difference in the game and ultimately I think it was...the '14 Hawks DEF up 10 with a Qtr to play would've feasted on Brady.

SEA had some great breaks in the playoffs...especially the GB game, and the miraculous catch late, but the vaunted DEF is where I saw this game lost, more so than INT...the pick was just more glaring because it was at the end of the game.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is still forgetting what a HECK of a play Butler made of the ball. A split second later or earlier and this thread wouldn't be here and no one would be blaming Carroll. Thinking about it more, it was actually a smart call, just didn't work. Do you really think the patriots were thinking, "I bet Wilson will throw here and not use the best RB on the team who easily can get 1/2 yard" I certainly don't

109 pass attempts in the NFL from 1 this past season (and a higher success rate than rushing from the 1 at 61% to 58%). Only 1 happened to get picked... and it was Wilson's. I like the pass call, but it wouldn't have been a slant into the most congested area of the field.