• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here come your Los Angeles Rams

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,054.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"They were constantly one or 2 games away from getting to a SB and had top rated players off and on more than most teams."

That was your quote, the Rams were hardly SB contenders while in LA. They didn't become that till The Greatest Show on Turf in St. Louis.
yes dude .I said their entire history in LA. They were in fact constantly contenders in the 70s and 80s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,054.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"They were constantly one or 2 games away from getting to a SB and had top rated players off and on more than most teams."

That was your quote, the Rams were hardly SB contenders while in LA. They didn't become that till The Greatest Show on Turf in St. Louis.
When you make the playoffs 14 times in a 20 year period between 1970 and 1990 you are contending for a SB

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In their entire history in LA they made the playoffs like 21 times in 48 seasons. Not even half of the time. And a majority of the time they lost early in the playoffs. Not exactly the definition of a football dynasty.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From 1970 until they left in 1994, the Rams made the playoffs 14 times, with seven conference championships appearances in that period. Which is pretty damn good, so basically, one in every two years in the playoffs and one in every four years playing for a Super Bowl. That is contending!

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said their entire history in LA and backtracked to a 20 year window between 1970-1990.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,054.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In their entire history in LA they made the playoffs like 21 times in 48 seasons. Not even half of the time. And a majority of the time they lost early in the playoffs. Not exactly the definition of a football dynasty.

Dude,those are incredible numbers. Hardly any teams have that much success over a period. When you make the playoffs that much you are succeeding and bringing in extra Revenue. .and getting to the playoffs means you are contending for a championship or SB. That's not a negative by any stretch

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said their entire history in LA and backtracked to a 20 year window between 1970-1990.

:burt:

The team that has made the most playoff appearances (1933 when playoffs started through 2009) is the New York Giants & Dallas Cowboys with 30, followed by St. Louis & Minnesota with 26, Green Bay & Pittsburgh with 25, Chicago & Cleveland with 24, Indianapolis with 23, Washington, Philadelphia, San Francisco, & Miami with 22, Oakland with 21, Tennessee with 18, Denver with 17, New England with 16, Detroit, Buffalo & Kansas City with 14, New York Jets with 13, San Diego with 12, and Seattle & Tampa Bay with 10, Atlanta and Cincinnati with 9, Arizona with 8, New Orleans with 7, Jacksonville & Baltimore with 6, and Carolina with 4. The Houston Texans are the only team currently in the NFL that have NEVER made a playoff appearance.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,054.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From 1970 until they left in 1994, the Rams made the playoffs 14 times, with seven conference championships appearances in that period. Which is pretty damn good, so basically, one in every two years in the playoffs and one in every four years playing for a Super Bowl. That is contending!

A Cleveland and Rams fan? You are as old school as it gets

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, these bandwagon Browns fans. Rams were contending for titles in Cleveland before the Browns wrpere even a thought.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders and Rams didn't leave because La couldn't support them. People need to get their facts straight.

Rambulance

MuscleBear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is about Kroenke pulling out of STL for a cash grab. He's had one foot out the door for 3 years. People shitting on fans who are losing an NFL team are assholes

Question though: If he were filling the stadium like the Eagles, a team that has never won a Super Bowl, would he have to go elsewhere to make his money? And why is he willing to fork up his own money to build said LA stadium while the city of St Louis is making taxpayers foot the bill?

And they might even stick around in St Louis, but it's a shame that Kroenke had to extort the city with the threat of a move, for them to get off their asses and react to it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,054.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question though: If he were filling the stadium like the Eagles, a team that has never won a Super Bowl, would he have to go elsewhere to make his money? And why is he willing to fork up his own money to build said LA stadium while the city of St Louis is making taxpayers foot the bill?

And they might even stick around in St Louis, but it's a shame that Kroenke had to extort the city with the threat of a move, for them to get off their asses and react to it.
Philadelphia did win chapionships before they were called super bowls.The world didn't start 50 years ago. Lol its not important, just caught my eye so I typed this

Rambulance

MuscleBear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philadelphia did win chapionships before they were called super bowls.The world didn't start 50 years ago. Lol its not important, just caught my eye so I typed this

Well, I know that. But people that buy tickets now probably have no emotional tie to a team that won 55 years ago. That was my point. Rams won a Super Bowl and were in another less than 15 years ago, and the majority of fans in St Louis completely abandoned them.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a misconception and incorrect, a lot of die-hard Raider fans were pissed. Might be true about the Lambs.
I can see that. But there is no question LA is a Lakers/Dodgers first town.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I know that. But people that buy tickets now probably have no emotional tie to a team that won 55 years ago. That was my point. Rams won a Super Bowl and were in another less than 15 years ago, and the majority of fans in St Louis completely abandoned them.
I dont buy into that anymore than I buy into the LA Rams fans abandoning the team in its last years.

People in the midwest dont support total incompetence that is true. Look at the Kansas City Royals. Totally incompetent for a long time but when they started showing competence then the fans came out in droves. Frontrunning? Maybe a tad bit. Thats everyone, though. Like how the LA Rams fans remember when they were consistently decent in the 70s and 80s.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,054.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see that. But there is no question LA is a Lakers/Dodgers first town.
Because there's no football team to begin with. The Lakers are transitioning,no one will care about them for the next 3 years. The Dodgers could go deep this year but t g at still baseball t g at squashed by the nfl in this modern era

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because there's no football team to begin with. The Lakers are transitioning,no one will care about them for the next 3 years. The Dodgers could go deep this year but t g at still baseball t g at squashed by the nfl in this modern era
It has always been and will always be a Lakers / Dodgers "first" County.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,054.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has always been and will always be a Lakers / Dodgers "first" County.
Until a football team shows up and succeeds,then it won't be.It wasn't a Lakers first town when the rams were here for most of the cities history.Sports fans just want winners,it doesn't matter which sport as long as there's reason to celebrate

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until a football team shows up and succeeds,then it won't be.It wasn't a Lakers first town when the rams were here for most of the cities history.Sports fans just want winners,it doesn't matter which sport as long as there's reason to celebrate
The NFL showed up in STL and they are and always will be a Cardinals town.
Trust me if you polled the County of LA and asked them if they had to get rid of one professional franchise between the NFL, Dodgers, and Lakers, the NFL is selected by a landslide.