• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here come your Los Angeles Rams

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,054.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should do the research then to see why teams have failed in LA. Might help you to understand why there hasn't been an NFL team in one of the biggest tv markets in the world.

No teams have failed in LA so to speak. The Rams were consistent winners up till the 90s and losing never made the Clippers or Angels leave town. Research wouldn't tell you anything as to why it happened. It would just tell you what the rich and powerful told the press to say as the excuse but you'll never really know why.
LA and Anaheim gave 2 teams for every sport including hockey. That's good enough reason to try one or two football teams out there. The nfl works as a single unit and funds all of its teams and tv doesn't care where you move them,they'll still show the games . The Jaguars are still a thing and LA can definitely beat that

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No teams have failed in LA so to speak. The Rams were consistent winners up till the 90s and losing never made the Clippers or Angels leave town. Research wouldn't tell you anything as to why it happened. It would just tell you what the rich and powerful told the press to say as the excuse but you'll never really know why.
LA and Anaheim gave 2 teams for every sport including hockey. That's good enough reason to try one or two football teams out there. The nfl works as a single unit and funds all of its teams and tv doesn't care where you move them,they'll still show the games . The Jaguars are still a thing and LA can definitely beat that

To me there were two major reasons...First off they were having trouble getting fans to come to the games. Attendance went down dramatically over the last few years when those teams were in LA. The next part of it was when needing a new stadium the people of LA wanted nothing to do with it. LA has shown that football just isn't top dog. With them having a more Spanish population it makes sense that soccer and baseball seem to dominate. The Lakers and Clippers have been there long enough and especially the Lakers have had enough success that the fans support them well. It also though doesn't take 70,000 fans to sell out those stadiums compared to an NFL game.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No teams have failed in LA so to speak.

The two NFL franchises in the 90's called the Ram's and the Raiders failed.

....and sort of failed miserably at that. Davis in LA was a complete joke. He was a complete moron for moving and making so many enemies along when he moved to LA without a viable NFL stadium plan in place. He literally moved into a 60 year old stadium that 3 years earlier a team had moved out of (the Ram's) because it didn't work as an NFL venue for numerous reasons.

And both franchises fought with the cities down there endlessly to no end for a real NFL stadium and neither ever got one.

I almost wonder if the NFL must have said at the end of 1995 that no franchise can move back to LA for 20 years because it is such a bad NFL city as punishment for the way it failed both the Raiders and the Ram's on so many different levels (and now the time limit has expired and 3 teams are all trying to make the jump).

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really sure you can make the case that the NFL has failed anywhere the past few decades. Its the NFL. People will watch it

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,054.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really sure you can make the case that the NFL has failed anywhere the past few decades. Its the NFL. People will watch it
Yes,the tv deals are so good they would still profit if no one goes. The nfl spreads it's wealth among teams so it's not an issue

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This guy was also the first guy to report on the Foles/Bradford trade.

Jimmy Jones thinks so too.

So, my childhood team is returning? I grew up 62 miles due East of there. Dad took us to games and we got to meet Roman Gabriel and Joe Scibelli.

I divorced their mother when she took the players and moved to St. Louis.

I am not reconciling.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,054.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers to LA support never existed in the first place

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine losing my football team. Unthinkable.

You must be 12 years old. The only professional football team Baltimore ever had split for Cleveland long before you were born

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true of every single team in sports that starts winning. Nothing odd about that, just ask Seattle.

No doubt. Largest contingent of bandwagon fans in North America right there.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,656.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true. Nobody gave a crap when the Rams and Raiders left.

That's a misconception and incorrect, a lot of die-hard Raider fans were pissed. Might be true about the Lambs.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,054.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a misconception and incorrect, a lot of die-hard Raider fans were pissed. Might be true about the Lambs.
Of course the Rams had plenty of fans. They were constantly one or 2 games away from getting to a SB and had top rated players off and on more than most teams

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,656.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should do the research then to see why teams have failed in LA. Might help you to understand why there hasn't been an NFL team in one of the biggest tv markets in the world.

A lot of people say it's because LA can't support a team when it was because Al Davis wanted PSL's and the city wasn't about to cater to Davis and renovate the dinosaur that is the Coliseum.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,656.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the Rams had plenty of fans. They were constantly one or 2 games away from getting to a SB and had top rated players off and on more than most teams

In LA? :pound:

They went 4-12 their last season in LA.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,656.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about their over all history in LA. Teams don't just move because of a decade of sub 500 seasons

"They were constantly one or 2 games away from getting to a SB and had top rated players off and on more than most teams."

That was your quote, the Rams were hardly SB contenders while in LA. They didn't become that till The Greatest Show on Turf in St. Louis.