• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hello Again

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello everyone. I have been off here for many of reasons. Too many to count. I went through a bit of a dark stage last year and it made me withdrawn and bitter. Not just on here, but in real life. I couldn’t shake it so I gave up this site, facebook, and real life to a certain extent. Since returning to Washington after eight years away in Arizona, things for me have went downhill at a Mariners losing streak speed. I was let go at my job in Washington that I started after returning from AZ because I was over qualified for the position even though I was told months before and on the final day that I was the best they ever had at the position. They wanted me to take a higher position that wasn’t suited for me and that is what led to the end. That was in January 2017. Since then I have received one interview and zero job offers. Jobs that I am over qualified for (ironic huh considering that is why I lost me last job). I have never been let go of a job and I am 52. I have always, and I mean always, been promoted and/or have been awarded various awards. We just sold our house we bought in December 2016 that we shared with our daughter, son-in-law and grandson with another due at the end of the month. They went one direction, my wife went another, and I went yet a third direction. I know this isn’t a site for personal crying, but I wanted to explain my disappearance from here to those who may have wondered.

As far as the M’s go, they are exactly who I thought they would be with JD at the helm. Rebuild is just an excuse to be bad for 3 to 4 years before the questioning of why are we still bad come back up. It is a smart move for a bad GM who wants to keep his job a bit longer but it always eventually catches up to them and they get axed. The Paxton trade was a joke from the start. The headliner was a sub- 6’ SP who was overhyped. I bring up his height because in the last decade plus the only sub 6’ Sp worth a darn was Hampton the ex M. Take in the factor he was part of the Yankee hype machine, and disaster was written all over this one. You want a good comparison how the trade should have went just look at what the rays got last year in the Archer trade. Comparable pitchers with two different returns. Drastically different returns.

Then they trade defense for offense and become a joke in the field. They had 4 DH’s in the field at any given time. LOL!

Where will the starting pitching come from for 2020? 2021? It still isn’t here or down on the farm.

The only positive is we finally have a catching position that can hit. Of course no one knows where they will be in 2020 or 2021 so does it really matter?

Haniger…oh ya I remember him. He was good once wasn’t he? I guess his shot to the nut sack is kind of what all us M’s fans have felt for the last decade or more for some of us.

Well no promises I will stick around, but I hope you all on here take time to enjoy life outside of this spectacle we call mariners baseball. #TrueToBeingBlue

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello everyone. I have been off here for many of reasons. Too many to count. I went through a bit of a dark stage last year and it made me withdrawn and bitter. Not just on here, but in real life. I couldn’t shake it so I gave up this site, facebook, and real life to a certain extent. Since returning to Washington after eight years away in Arizona, things for me have went downhill at a Mariners losing streak speed. I was let go at my job in Washington that I started after returning from AZ because I was over qualified for the position even though I was told months before and on the final day that I was the best they ever had at the position. They wanted me to take a higher position that wasn’t suited for me and that is what led to the end. That was in January 2017. Since then I have received one interview and zero job offers. Jobs that I am over qualified for (ironic huh considering that is why I lost me last job). I have never been let go of a job and I am 52. I have always, and I mean always, been promoted and/or have been awarded various awards. We just sold our house we bought in December 2016 that we shared with our daughter, son-in-law and grandson with another due at the end of the month. They went one direction, my wife went another, and I went yet a third direction. I know this isn’t a site for personal crying, but I wanted to explain my disappearance from here to those who may have wondered.

As far as the M’s go, they are exactly who I thought they would be with JD at the helm. Rebuild is just an excuse to be bad for 3 to 4 years before the questioning of why are we still bad come back up. It is a smart move for a bad GM who wants to keep his job a bit longer but it always eventually catches up to them and they get axed. The Paxton trade was a joke from the start. The headliner was a sub- 6’ SP who was overhyped. I bring up his height because in the last decade plus the only sub 6’ Sp worth a darn was Hampton the ex M. Take in the factor he was part of the Yankee hype machine, and disaster was written all over this one. You want a good comparison how the trade should have went just look at what the rays got last year in the Archer trade. Comparable pitchers with two different returns. Drastically different returns.

Then they trade defense for offense and become a joke in the field. They had 4 DH’s in the field at any given time. LOL!

Where will the starting pitching come from for 2020? 2021? It still isn’t here or down on the farm.

The only positive is we finally have a catching position that can hit. Of course no one knows where they will be in 2020 or 2021 so does it really matter?

Haniger…oh ya I remember him. He was good once wasn’t he? I guess his shot to the nut sack is kind of what all us M’s fans have felt for the last decade or more for some of us.

Well no promises I will stick around, but I hope you all on here take time to enjoy life outside of this spectacle we call mariners baseball. #TrueToBeingBlue
Dude, so friggin happy to see your post!! Wondered what the hell happened to you. Sounds like things have been majorly shitty for you, and I am very sorry you have had to deal with those issues. I will pray for things to improve in your life my friend. So nice to hear from you and hope you stick around cuz I, and others I'm sure, enjoy your take on things. I appreciate you sharing with this group the issues you have been and continue to deal with. I'm certain you will find much support here from this group. Wish I could offer assistance to you but I'm afraid the best I can do is be your friend and lend an ear whenever you need it. Peace to you always. :thumb:

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can echo @Duders post in saying I'm so very glad and happy to see your post again @NWinAZ, many of us here have wondered about you.

Thank you for sharing some of the stuff you've been through and hope things will improve for you. Very sorry to see things have been shit for you and I pray that everything will be OK. And thank you for checking in, at least we know that you're still around. Just hang in there buddy.

Again, it's good to see your post again and really hope that you can decide to stick around, your baseball knowledge is irreplaceable. Feel free to reach out to me via PM if you need.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, so friggin happy to see your post!! Wondered what the hell happened to you. Sounds like things have been majorly shitty for you, and I am very sorry you have had to deal with those issues. I will pray for things to improve in your life my friend. So nice to hear from you and hope you stick around cuz I, and others I'm sure, enjoy your take on things. I appreciate you sharing with this group the issues you have been and continue to deal with. I'm certain you will find much support here from this group. Wish I could offer assistance to you but I'm afraid the best I can do is be your friend and lend an ear whenever you need it. Peace to you always. :thumb:

Much appreciated and well expressed. This board is much more than just Mariners that I know. Kind of a big brotherhood in my eyes.

On another note; I really need to change my avatar. I forgot about the damn Yankee pic on there.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can echo @Duders post in saying I'm so very glad and happy to see your post again @NWinAZ, many of us here have wondered about you.

Thank you for sharing some of the stuff you've been through and hope things will improve for you. Very sorry to see things have been shit for you and I pray that everything will be OK. And thank you for checking in, at least we know that you're still around. Just hang in there buddy.

Again, it's good to see your post again and really hope that you can decide to stick around, your baseball knowledge is irreplaceable. Feel free to reach out to me via PM if you need.

Like with Duders, thank you for the encouraging remarks and thoughts. Life can be a bitch sometimes and it is just a matter of getting through the worst of it. I might shock people with some of the real weird stuff that happened in the last few years that are hard to explain. I am not a supernatural kind of guy, but even the other worldly things out there have taken shots at me. Sounds nuts even to me, but weird stuff believe me.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great to see you again!

sorry about the tough times. you're a good guy and certainly don't deserve that.

Thanks man. We go back a ways on here and I have always enjoyed you and your comments. Thanks for the reach out as well. It meant a lot when I saw that.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
home-alone1.jpg

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry everyone- I didn't realize the pic would be so damn big. I mainly wanted to post it as a joke for NWinAZ to use for an avatar but I see you picked a much more "appropriate" one.
:suds:

No yours would have been more fitting though billboard size worthy.

:suds:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't be happier to see you back man.

Unfortunately it's looks like you were right on the Paxton trade. If I recall correctly, that was the last thing we discussed before your hiatus and I was defending it and you thought it was shit.

The new avatar is sadly appropriate.

Maybe you should've used a picture of Haniger fouling it off of his nuts because that's what it feels like to be a Mariners fan.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much appreciated and well expressed. This board is much more than just Mariners that I know. Kind of a big brotherhood in my eyes.

On another note; I really need to change my avatar. I forgot about the damn Yankee pic on there.
I like your "new" avatar. The guy is down for the count but we know he's gonna jump back up fast. Were you either projecting with that avatar or maybe it was the "self fulfilling prophecy"?
:pound:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should've used a picture of Haniger fouling it off of his nuts because that's what it feels like to be a Mariners fan.

Damn, I didn't even think of that! That would be the poster picture for the M's.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were you either projecting with that avatar or maybe it was the "self fulfilling prophecy"?

It's just all Mariners any way you cut it. :)

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just all Mariners any way you cut it. :)

Sure is nice having your knowledge and humor back here on the board. Sure hope you stick around and "suffer" with the rest of us. :D

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might shock people with some of the real weird stuff that happened in the last few years that are hard to explain. I am not a supernatural kind of guy, but even the other worldly things out there have taken shots at me. Sounds nuts even to me, but weird stuff believe me.

Just a quick story on how weird my life went since 2016. I never grew up thinking about haunted houses or supernatural things. I still don't know what to think of those things, but my family and I have experienced very strange things over the decades. One of the stranger things came after negative things started happening in our lives. One day my wife and I went to Taco Bell, which we call Taco Hell, and ordered through the drive thru. The price she gave us seemed cheap so when I got to the window I had her repeat it and it was wrong. She corrected it and when she did her money box started shaking violently and actually scooted a bit. The girl who was about 18 kind of screamed and jumped back right in front of us. I asked her if she was okay and she said yes with caution. I asked the new total and she slowly said the machine says it is $6.66. This story is 100% true with my wife to back me up. My wife and I kind of laughed it off making the remark about it being 666 and us going through a rough patch at the moment.

We had several odd encounters at the AZ home as well as the home we just sold. My daughter, now 25, use to talk about this whatever named ra-ra when she was 4 to 7 or 8 years old. I could write a small article on some of the things we have seen. Sorry for taking up a M's board on this stuff, but it does help me mentally because I have posted it before on friends pages and the replies have been positive when the entire time I think I am going nuts...maybe I still am? LOL!

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a quick story on how weird my life went since 2016. I never grew up thinking about haunted houses or supernatural things. I still don't know what to think of those things, but my family and I have experienced very strange things over the decades. One of the stranger things came after negative things started happening in our lives. One day my wife and I went to Taco Bell, which we call Taco Hell, and ordered through the drive thru. The price she gave us seemed cheap so when I got to the window I had her repeat it and it was wrong. She corrected it and when she did her money box started shaking violently and actually scooted a bit. The girl who was about 18 kind of screamed and jumped back right in front of us. I asked her if she was okay and she said yes with caution. I asked the new total and she slowly said the machine says it is $6.66. This story is 100% true with my wife to back me up. My wife and I kind of laughed it off making the remark about it being 666 and us going through a rough patch at the moment.

We had several odd encounters at the AZ home as well as the home we just sold. My daughter, now 25, use to talk about this whatever named ra-ra when she was 4 to 7 or 8 years old. I could write a small article on some of the things we have seen. Sorry for taking up a M's board on this stuff, but it does help me mentally because I have posted it before on friends pages and the replies have been positive when the entire time I think I am going nuts...maybe I still am? LOL!

What a hoot!! That Taco "hell" experience is NOT normal. That shit is spooky as hell and I bet that girl at the register won't forget that for a long time. I say keep thinking you're going nuts once in awhile and entertain us, well, at least entertain me anyway. No need to say you're sorry cuz if people don't like it, they don't have to read it. It beats the hell out of always bitching on here about the Mariner's organization so keep up the good work. :pound:

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, yeah, I'm a major fucking troll on these boards. It's just too easy. So many targets. But not you. I respect you. I hope you find peace and happiness. Advice? I got none. Shit happens. Just remember that you've only got one life and at 52, it most certainly isn't over yet. So, how do you want to live it?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, it’s been better when you weren’t here lol