• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hell has frozen over

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, a cover up how? You think the police ignored a r*pe victim? If anything, the police actively sought out charges and the "victim" was unwilling to cooperate. One can only speculate as to why, I doubt it had to do with her being paid off by someone. Which leaves 1. she was scared or didn't want her name out there - or - 2. She was lying

Head in the sand mentality. My university can do not wrong. Sorry they did wrong, very wrong.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two Michigan players called the police to state that they heard Lewan on the phone with the victim and heard him threaten her. They were worried for her safety so they called the police. So either they lied because they didn't like Lewan or it actually happened and the police did nothing but tell him not to call her, which was a crime to begin with and they just let Lewan do whatever he wants, which they have shown to do after that.

So which is it did the players lie or did Lewan make the call? You have your head in the sand as much as Penn State fans with Joe Pa.

LOL, again with the made up accusations with no proof. We've already proven your statements false with the article you linked me to (thanks). No need to believe your other wrong accusations that are nothing more than MSU message board rumor.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Police did not do anything to Lewan after he called her and threaten her. Her r@pe was buried, why would she push forward knowing that if she charged a Michigan player it would be ignored by the police and she may be r@ped again or worse by Lewan and the police would just not do anything because it's another he said/she said case. She had every right to worry, Ann Arbor Police are just as corrupt as Tallahassee Police.
Ignored by police? It wasn't ignored by police in any way. The police beat it to death and the victim refused.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Head in the sand mentality. My university can do not wrong. Sorry they did wrong, very wrong.
My university can do wrong, but the University in this case did no wrong. In fact, they went out of the way to kick gibbons out -- they had no moral or legal obligation to do so.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello everyone...

fuck meeeechegan

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And can I just mention how awesome my new avatar is?

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My university can do wrong, but the University in this case did no wrong. In fact, they went out of the way to kick gibbons out -- they had no moral or legal obligation to do so.

They do and they did and were just slow and the coach and athletic department failed.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Michigan, MSU, and OSU fans care about Florida so much?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol, so a blog....k. So you have no facts. Thanks.

The only facts in that article are the facts listed in the police report, the other bits are pure speculation and accusations backed up by nothing; no more than what you've done here.

As I already said, it's a he said she said and people are only willing to believe the girl more because r*pe is a hot topic and they want Gibbons to be guilty because it hurts Michigan.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do and they did and were just slow and the coach and athletic department failed.

Failed how? They kept an eligible, non-criminal, player on the team.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Gibbons Wrongfully Expelled by Michigan? | Eleven Warriors

Most importantly from the linked article, " "Some [disciplinary] boards and panels still can't tell the difference between drunken sex and a policy violation"--that is, a sexual assault."

"Sometimes that is by design. "In a recent case," Sokolow recounts, "the campus policy stated that intoxication creates an inability to consent." That makes it easy to establish a violation--except that in many cases the accuser has violated the letter of the policy as much as the accused has. "If both are intoxicated, they both did the same thing to each other," Sokolow writes. "Why should only the male be charged if both students behave in ways defined as prohibited by the policy?""

"That's a rhetorical question. "I'm not suggesting we charge both," Sokolow clarifies. "Surely, every drunken sexual hook-up is not a punishable offense. . . . There must be something that the respondent does, beyond having sex, that makes a lawful act into a policy violation.""

And that, more or less, illustrates my point of view here. I'm not calling Gibbons innocent, I'm just saying there's not enough proof one way or another for me to call Gibbons a rapist. What Lewan did, or what her friends did, after the fact are separate issues.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Failed how? They kept an eligible, non-criminal, player on the team.

Good thing they didn't investigate so he stayed a "non-criminal" player. Besides, they play convicted felons with zero suspension so really even if they did investigate he would have played.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gone are the days when everyone and their brothers in law would bitch about the SEC dominating news and discussion and the S-E-C! S-E-C! crowd taking over every thread. Yes, the worm has turned. Now, B1G bullies bring their eternal in-conference smack talk into any and every thread, and woe be unto those who don't give way without protest.

[Insert sarcasm emoti, here]

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing they didn't investigate so he stayed a "non-criminal" player. Besides, they play convicted felons with zero suspension so really even if they did investigate he would have played.
They investigated, the GIRL didn't press charges. There's nothing authorities can do if a person won't press charges. Nice try though.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They investigated, the GIRL didn't press charges. There's nothing authorities can do if a person won't press charges. Nice try though.

Wrong, they can pursue the case even is she does not want to press charges. They had her statement where she said no many times, they had the r*pe kit and they had statements from others after the assault. They can, they chose not to prosecute.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong, they can pursue the case even is she does not want to press charges. They had her statement where she said no many times, they had the r*pe kit and they had statements from others after the assault. They can, they chose not to prosecute.

OK, it is possible for it to happen but that's not reality. No prosecutor would ever seek out r*pe charges without the cooperation of the victim. You're asking for something that just doesn't happen, Ann Arbor police or not. Almost 100% of the evidence in this case was that of the victim's testimony. Without it, they've got nothing and it would be a waste of everyone's time. Even with it, the evidence was weak (as mentioned, it was a classic he said she said). What other people said have no bearing on this case as no one saw the r*pe happen, they only heard 2nd hand what happened from the alleged victim. That would be no different than you testifying in the case because you read her statements about it. No matter what, your outrage at the lack of a charge is unwarranted.