• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hell has frozen over

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if this is :badmin: or not but Florida has actually scheduled an OOC game outside of the state of Florida. Of course it is not a road game nor is it outside of SEC territory but Florida is playing Michigan in 2017 at the Jerry Dome. Maybe they can next try and play a team that will be bowl eligible.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if this is :badmin: or not but Florida has actually scheduled an OOC game outside of the state of Florida. Of course it is not a road game nor is it outside of SEC territory but Florida is playing Michigan in 2017 at the Jerry Dome. Maybe they can next try and play a team that will be bowl eligible.

Texas is SEC territory now.

3b1.gif

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas is SEC territory now.

3b1.gif
You might want to check, but there is a team from the SEC actually IN Texas. Is it predominately Big12, yes, but the second most popular team is an SEC team.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might want to check, but there is a team from the SEC actually IN Texas. Is it predominately Big12, yes, but the second most popular team is an SEC team.

SEC took it over, Texas fans are crying. I'm fine with it.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC took it over, Texas fans are crying. I'm fine with it.
Michigan State just got 3 recruits out of Texas. Our first ones since the internet was invented by Al Gore

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's crazy. I never leave FL unless I have to do so. The new corch will catch on. Who in thee fuck would visit the desolate rolling hills of TX when they could be in this lush land headed out to do some snook fishing? It makes no sense.

Right now; EarthCam - Fort Myers Cam

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's crazy. I never leave FL unless I have to do so. The new corch will catch on. Who in thee fuck would visit the desolate rolling hills of TX when they could be in this lush land headed out to do some snook fishing? It makes no sense.

Right now; EarthCam - Fort Myers Cam
It was actually signed December 2013. That falls under your last corch. You Florida fans should love that, you love blaming all of your problems on previous coaching regimes.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was actually signed December 2013. That falls under your last corch. You Florida fans should love that, you love blaming all of your problems on previous coaching regimes.

Ah, yes that does make more sense. Li'l Willy knew he couldn't hack it by then and got ready to fuck his predecessor by sending him to fucking TX when it's hot as shit.

As for blaming prior corches - hey, you don't slide as fast as UF football without serious fuck-ups. Our situation wasn't an "oh well, shit happens" flop. It was a "holy shit you fucked-up" flop.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, yes that does make more sense. Li'l Willy knew he couldn't hack it by then and got ready to fuck his predecessor by sending him to fucking TX when it's hot as shit.

As for blaming prior corches - hey, you don't slide as fast as UF football without serious fuck-ups. Our situation wasn't an "oh well, shit happens" flop. It was a "holy shit you fucked-up" flop.

Never underestimate poor coaching. By now, with the facilities and talent pool, the Gators should have been back by now.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You might want to check again but the second most popular team in Texas is OU. Aggies are a distant third.

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might want to check again but the second most popular team in Texas is OU. Aggies are a distant third.

So it's like Michigan, where the Wolverines are number one, O$U is number two and Sparty is a distance third?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They scheduled this game a couple years ago. Sucks to be Florida though because #1: They can't beat Michigan #2: lol at their coach vs. Jim Harbaugh

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They scheduled this game a couple years ago. Sucks to be Florida though because #1: They can't beat Michigan #2: lol at their coach vs. Jim Harbaugh

It's hard to take Michigan fans too serious since you guys were all excited last year about how you "stole" Nuss from us. You guys think every hire you make is great.

Florida is a much easier place to recruit for, and McElwain did a pretty good job with Colorado St. They were 3-9 the year before he took over. He went 4-8 his first year with them, 8-6 his second year and 10-3 last year. Steady improvement year after year.

Both coaches came in at basically the same time, and recruiting wise McElwain was able to take a class not in the top50 and finish out a top25 class on short notice.

I like Harbaugh too, but I won't be surprised if Michigan loses this game. The thing he has going for him is the Stanford and NFL experience, so he is a more proven coach, but McElwain has the potential to be good as well.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was a holy shit FL hired a new coach that was shit and I wish we still have the previous coach.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Yeah yeah yeah. You can defend CUM until the cows come home...but he screwed the recruiting pooch for us. He was obviously struggling with chronic panic attacks n such. Shit happens. He's comfortable at home in American's armpit and doing well now. But make no mistake, he fucked us.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan State just got 3 recruits out of Texas. Our first ones since the internet was invented by Al Gore

I'm calling Man-Bear-Pig on that one.....

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to take Michigan fans too serious since you guys were all excited last year about how you "stole" Nuss from us. You guys think every hire you make is great.

Florida is a much easier place to recruit for, and McElwain did a pretty good job with Colorado St. They were 3-9 the year before he took over. He went 4-8 his first year with them, 8-6 his second year and 10-3 last year. Steady improvement year after year.

Both coaches came in at basically the same time, and recruiting wise McElwain was able to take a class not in the top50 and finish out a top25 class on short notice.

I like Harbaugh too, but I won't be surprised if Michigan loses this game. The thing he has going for him is the Stanford and NFL experience, so he is a more proven coach, but McElwain has the potential to be good as well.

Coming in "about the same time" is no where near the truth. McElwain was hired Dec. 4th -- almost an entire month before Harbaugh was hired. That's a pretty significant difference -- twice as much time to recruit. His real advantage was in state talent. Michigan has limited in-state talent, Florida has a lot. Most of the kids he was able to get, that were highly ranked, were from Florida.

In addition, he was already in the college game and had relationships built with recruits. Harbaugh was coming off..what...3 or 4 years in the NFL where he had no contacts with recruits. That's also a significant difference. Harbaugh came in, had no contact with recruits prior to the day he was hired and had a couple of days before a dead period hit to recruit. Then there were two weeks of dead period where he could only call recruits, not visit, and then he had about a week before signing day.

And lastly, our class was never going to be ranked very well with only 15 spots unless we really stacked the top of it with 5 stars. They got two five star kids, but all and all we have about the same top end talent. Michigan got 6 four star kids, Florida got 5 and two 5 star kids. Florida has the edge, sure. Florida was also forced to sign 9 kids with a 5.5 three star rating or worse. Michigan had 2 of those. So we certainly have the better bottom end to our class.