• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Heisman So Far

Who do you think deserves the Heisman so far?

• Tua Tagavailoa

• Kyler Murray

• Will Grier

• Dwayne Haskins

Results are only viewable after voting.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against... who? A&M's defense is so bad they made Kelly Bryant look good, and that's the best defense they've faced. Let him put up numbers on LSU or Auburn before crowning him.

Also, Haskins' game vs. PSU was, like TCU, marred by drops. I think he had 10 combined in those games, including one vs. PSU that resulted in an INT. The PSU game was great for Haskins' Heisman odds. Rather than folding down two scores on the road in a whiteout vs. a top 10 team, he rallied them and won.

I don’t put a ton of weight into team rankings right now. TCU didn’t impress me much in both games I watched. Ehlinger of Texas looked like a stud against TCU, yet has a 57% completion rate on the year.

PSU was listed as a top 10 team, but this is the team who had to score late and win in overtime against Appalachian State.

I think Haskins is a very good QB and think because of his size, he will be the best QB ever to come from OSU in the NFL. IMO, Tua is on a different level right now than everyone else.

He is the best player on, by far, the best team in the country. He has some ridiculous 240 QB rating and has averaged over 13 yards per throw and STILL completing 75% without an int.

Right now — it is Tua’s to lose and I don’t see that happening. I wouldn’t be surprised if Bama won every game by double digits this year.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, this is the best Alabama team they’ve had as long as I can remember. I think they walk to a NC this year. Georgia is the only one, IMO, who possibly could give them a game. OSU is next after Georgia, but I’d guess both teams would be double digit underdogs to Bama on a neutral field. That is how good I see Bama right now.
Georgia had a very average outing vs a terrible UT team. Don’t let that score fool you. I think OSU would beat them hands-down.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually there was. ESPN had him in the top 5 at the time, and several other writers published their lists on twitter and had him in their top 5. Again, what are you arguing here? Are you saying Barrett wasn't deserving to be considered a Heisman candidate before the Penn State game? Because going into that game he had 21 TD passes, 5 TD rushes, and 1 INT. Pretty sure any top 10 team with a QB with those stats is considered a Heisman candidate any year.

Or are you saying Tua doesn't deserve to be in the Heisman discussion because his level of competition has been junk?

ESPN, SI and USA Today didn't have him in the top 5 at that time before the PSU game.

I'm arguing your hypocrisy.

I mean hell you didn't even make a list, you just come running into this thread about how shitty Bama and OU's competition has been and say Haskins has played two top 30 defenses. Lol.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, as much as I've pointed out how Alabama hasn't been tested yet, it's even worse for Oklahoma. Who is their best win? None of their opponents are even remotely close to being ranked while at least A&M is getting a few votes. 4 of the 5 teams Murray have faced are ranked 80th or lower in defensive efficiency metrics.

Haskins has faced two defenses ranked in the top 30. Murray, Tua, and Grier have faced 0 combined.

Haskins needs to go right to the NFL ... before the Michigan game.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua is way in front right now. Only thing that would hurt him is I honestly dont see him playing past mid 3rd quarter until the SECCG.

I would have Murray 2nd, he has been electric.

Will Grier 3rd .

Haskins 4th. I wasnt impressed with him vs PSU, that last TD drive was Screen passes and the one before was an awful decision that the WR turned into a TD. But he is WAY better that JT Barrett so they are a much better team.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t put a ton of weight into team rankings right now. TCU didn’t impress me much in both games I watched. Ehlinger of Texas looked like a stud against TCU, yet has a 57% completion rate on the year.

PSU was listed as a top 10 team, but this is the team who had to score late and win in overtime against Appalachian State.

I think Haskins is a very good QB and think because of his size, he will be the best QB ever to come from OSU in the NFL. IMO, Tua is on a different level right now than everyone else.

He is the best player on, by far, the best team in the country. He has some ridiculous 240 QB rating and has averaged over 13 yards per throw and STILL completing 75% without an int.

Right now — it is Tua’s to lose and I don’t see that happening. I wouldn’t be surprised if Bama won every game by double digits this year.
Ok then

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I hate Haskins and not because he sucks (which unfortunately he doesn't).

2. Isn't it time you fellas (in a non gender specific manner) learn to spell ohio with Harbaugh helping you?

1. You hate Haskins because he's 10x better than any QB your team has.

2. Just pointing out the Buckeyes own Jimmy Jam. And that trend should continue this year.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN, SI and USA Today didn't have him in the top 5 at that time before the PSU game.

I'm arguing your hypocrisy.

I mean hell you didn't even make a list, you just come running into this thread about how shitty Bama and OU's competition has been and say Haskins has played two top 30 defenses. Lol.
No hypocrisy whatsoever. If I had come on last year and said Haskins was the runaway #1 contender for the Heisman and nobody could catch him, that would be hypocritical, but I said no such thing.

Why do I have to make a list? It was already made and I agree with it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haskins needs to go right to the NFL ... before the Michigan game.
It really sucks that possibly the most talented QB in OSU history might only play 1 season as the starter. I 100% don't blame him for going if he keeps this up though.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. You hate Haskins because he's 10x better than any QB your team has.

2. Just pointing out the Buckeyes own Jimmy Jam. And that trend should continue this year.

I am a fact guy ... if you're looking for an argument ... sorry. Haskins might not be 10x better.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a fact guy ... if you're looking for an argument ... sorry. Haskins might not be 10x better.

I'm not looking for an argument, I was stating a fact. What's JH's record vs. Ohio State? When's the last time meeechegan beat Ohio State? Answer below.

2,505 days

And yes Haskins is a much better QB than anything in ann arbor right now. Actually it's not even close.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not looking for an argument, I was stating a fact. What's JH's record vs. Ohio State? When's the last time meeechegan beat Ohio State? Answer below.

2,505 days

And yes Haskins is a much better QB than anything in ann arbor right now. Actually it's not even close.

Now you have an argument ... why do you bring up the same facts, when you state you are not looking for an argument? Did you actually attend ohio state? If you did, all is forgiven and understood.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2446ab46273943137270c652648075f3.gif