• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Heisman So Far

Who do you think deserves the Heisman so far?

• Tua Tagavailoa

• Kyler Murray

• Will Grier

• Dwayne Haskins

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
66th, 70th, 101st, 109th, 126th

These are the defensive efficiency rankings of his 5 opponents this year
LOL at buckeye fans getting upset people aren't voting for their guy.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at buckeye fans getting upset people aren't voting for their guy.
Florida fans right now

b6c383a622776cd40b936ccc10dbf10182d6e21d.jpg

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
66th, 70th, 101st, 109th, 126th

These are the defensive efficiency rankings of his 5 opponents this year

It wouldn’t even be close if they declared a winner right now. It is Tua and then everyone else.

He has taken over a vanilla Bama offense and turned them into an absolute nightmare for teams to face. They were dominate with a game manager at QB — now they have a game changer at QB, to go along with one of the best OL’s and a stable of stud RB’s.

Haskins was up there, but his game against PSU hurt his chances. He still threw for 270 and had 3 tds, but the majority of his yards were screen plays and his WR running for chunks. He struggled with pressure on him. I still have Haskins in the top 5, but as it stands now — i see the Heisman rankings like I see the team rankings:

Heisman
1. Tua

2-5. Take your pick

Team rankings
1. Alabama

2-20 Take your pick

IMO, this is the best Alabama team they’ve had as long as I can remember. I think they walk to a NC this year. Georgia is the only one, IMO, who possibly could give them a game. OSU is next after Georgia, but I’d guess both teams would be double digit underdogs to Bama on a neutral field. That is how good I see Bama right now.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grier in a landslide.

The others are posers.

You take any of the other QB’s off of their team and their team is till a conference/playoff contender/champion.

Take Grier off of his team.... chicken bowl bound.

Its really not even a contest TBH.
Will Grier will run away with this award when ESPIN and media outlets aren’t involved and pandering to the larger fanbases for web hits.

Enjoy Peyton Manning 2.0 boys.

:nod:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has taken over a vanilla Bama offense and turned them into an absolute nightmare for teams to face.
Against... who? A&M's defense is so bad they made Kelly Bryant look good, and that's the best defense they've faced. Let him put up numbers on LSU or Auburn before crowning him.

Also, Haskins' game vs. PSU was, like TCU, marred by drops. I think he had 10 combined in those games, including one vs. PSU that resulted in an INT. The PSU game was great for Haskins' Heisman odds. Rather than folding down two scores on the road in a whiteout vs. a top 10 team, he rallied them and won.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some super talented QBs on that Big 4 list.

But "the guy" is the same guy I thought it would be going in and the same guy that went in as the Vegas favorite at 4-1. It's last year's freshman hero from the national championship. It's Tua and to me it's not even close, at least at this moment in time it's not. The dude is an absolute fucking stud.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against... who? A&M's defense is so bad they made Kelly Bryant look good, and that's the best defense they've faced. Let him put up numbers on LSU or Auburn before crowning him.

Also, Haskins' game vs. PSU was, like TCU, marred by drops. I think he had 10 combined in those games, including one vs. PSU that resulted in an INT. The PSU game was great for Haskins' Heisman odds. Rather than folding down two scores on the road in a whiteout vs. a top 10 team, he rallied them and won.

Dude come on you had no problem propping up JT Barrett at the beginning to middle of last year for putting up good stats against awful competition. Now you want to penalize Tua and Murray for it. Sounds a little hypocritical to me.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude come on you had no problem propping up JT Barrett at the beginning to middle of last year for putting up good stats against awful competition. Now you want to penalize Tua and Murray for it. Sounds a little hypocritical to me.
Yeah, there's a pretty huge difference between saying a guy is in the Heisman conversation and saying a guy is the runaway winner after 5 games and nobody has a chance. At the end of October Barrett had a 25/1 TD/INT ratio and was in the top 5 in rating while OSU was a top 10 team, that's hardly hypocritical or unfair to call him a Heisman contender.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there's a pretty huge difference between saying a guy is in the Heisman conversation and saying a guy is the runaway winner after 5 games and nobody has a chance. At the end of October Barrett had a 25/1 TD/INT ratio and was in the top 5 in rating while OSU was a top 10 team, that's hardly hypocritical or unfair to call him a Heisman contender.

You were propping him up based off of games against Indiana, UNLV, Rutgers, Nebraska, Maryland and Army...

That was after 7 games this is after 5. The sample size isn't much different.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were propping him up based off of games against Indiana, UNLV, Rutgers, Nebraska, Maryland and Army...

That was after 7 games this is after 5. The sample size isn't much different.
So, again, there's a huge difference between saying a guy is in the Heisman discussion and declaring him the runaway winner. Why do you not acknowledge that part? It's pretty crucial here.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about the Heisman after 5 games is at best 'click bait'. You can list contenders and that's about it.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, again, there's a huge difference between saying a guy is in the Heisman discussion and declaring him the runaway winner. Why do you not acknowledge that part? It's pretty crucial here.

It's not crucial at all given the explanation as to why anybody is ranked anywhere.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not crucial at all given the explanation as to why anybody is ranked anywhere.
That makes no sense. It's 100% crucial. Every outlet had him in the top 3-5 Heisman contenders after the Penn State game. If that was any other QB with those numbers on a top 10 team you wouldn't bat an eye at a fan saying they're in the Heisman discussion and you know it.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes no sense. It's 100% crucial. Every outlet had him in the top 3-5 Heisman contenders after the Penn State game. If that was any other QB with those numbers on a top 10 team you wouldn't bat an eye at a fan saying they're in the Heisman discussion and you know it.

Except you were making that argument before the Penn State game last year. Which was based off of him putting up good stats against awful defenses. And those stats aren't even as good as what Tua and Murray have put up this far.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except you were making that argument before the Penn State game last year. Which was based off of him putting up good stats against awful defenses. And those stats aren't even as good as what Tua and Murray have put up this far.
So? Again, saying he was in the Heisman discussion is hardly hypocritical. I'd say Tua is 100% in the discussion right now for the same reasons.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So? Again, saying he was in the Heisman discussion is hardly hypocritical. I'd say Tua is 100% in the discussion right now for the same reasons.

Yet your first post in this thread brought up level of competition. Which you were dismissing last year to prop up Barrett. That's all I'm really saying here.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet your first post in this thread brought up level of competition. Which you were dismissing last year to prop up Barrett. That's all I'm really saying here.
I never dismissed level of competition with Barrett. In fact I acknowledged it, but I said he's still putting up freakishly good stats so he's in the discussion, which basically every sports news outlet agreed with at the time. You aren't making a compelling argument here at all.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never dismissed level of competition with Barrett. In fact I acknowledged it, but I said he's still putting up freakishly good stats so he's in the discussion, which basically every sports news outlet agreed with at the time. You aren't making a compelling argument here at all.

No there actually wasn't any sport outlet that agreed with you at that particular time. If Haskins had Tua's stats against playing that competition you'd have him clear #1.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No there actually wasn't any sport outlet that agreed with you at that particular time. If Haskins had Tua's stats against playing that competition you'd have him clear #1.
Actually there was. ESPN had him in the top 5 at the time, and several other writers published their lists on twitter and had him in their top 5. Again, what are you arguing here? Are you saying Barrett wasn't deserving to be considered a Heisman candidate before the Penn State game? Because going into that game he had 21 TD passes, 5 TD rushes, and 1 INT. Pretty sure any top 10 team with a QB with those stats is considered a Heisman candidate any year.

Or are you saying Tua doesn't deserve to be in the Heisman discussion because his level of competition has been junk?