• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heat vs Pacers ECF

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how would you feel about getting Bosh and a role player for D12 in some kind of sign and trade?

Bosh fits perfectly with a D'antoni system.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bosh and Gasol will fight over who will be the 4th option.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how would you feel about getting Bosh and a role player for D12 in some kind of sign and trade?

Bosh fits perfectly with a D'antoni system.

For me, it would depend on the role player!! I have always liked Bosh and I agree that Bosh would fit well in a D'Antoni offense!! If that role player is a consistent 3 point shooter, I'm all for it!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bosh and Gasol will fight over who will be the 4th option.

Actually, I think Gasol would move to the 5 in a heartbeat!! He never liked being a "stretch 4" and Bosh makes a better "stretch 4" than Gasol anyway!!

Plus, Gasol is one of the best passing bigs in the league which is another plus in D'Antoni's offense!!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I think Gasol would move to the 5 in a heartbeat!! He never liked being a "stretch 4" and Bosh makes a better "stretch 4" than Gasol anyway!!

Plus, Gasol is one of the best passing bigs in the league which is another plus in D'Antoni's offense!!

I was attempting to make a joke about their complacency.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that would put you guys past a healthy OKC tbh, for at least a year. Kobe would not have to share like he hates. You get a lot out of D12 that you wouldn't have. nash goes to the bench or further. You could probably also get 2 role players from us.

Pretty much all of our role payers shoot 3s.

1. Chalmers or Cole, I prefer you take chalmers
2. ?does it matter? LOL
3. Kobe
4. Bosh
5. Pau

1. Cole
2. 3. and 4. Wade/Allen?/Battier/Miller/LBJ
5. D12

Obviously I like us when we play for it all but both teams benefit immensely from this trade, so I assume Stern will veto it. WAIT!!! STERN IS OUT!!! WOOT WOOT!!!

Honestly with all the BS drama surrounding the Heat and D12, they deserve each other and could form the Super Hated Team. It would be like if the Yankees and Nazi's made a team. If they had oil the US Marines would invade.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that would put you guys past a healthy OKC tbh, for at least a year. Kobe would not have to share like he hates. You get a lot out of D12 that you wouldn't have. nash goes to the bench or further. You could probably also get 2 role players from us.

Pretty much all of our role payers shoot 3s.

1. Chalmers or Cole, I prefer you take chalmers
2. ?does it matter? LOL
3. Kobe
4. Bosh
5. Pau

1. Cole
2. 3. and 4. Wade/Allen?/Battier/Miller/LBJ
5. D12

Obviously I like us when we play for it all but both teams benefit immensely from this trade, so I assume Stern will veto it. WAIT!!! STERN IS OUT!!! WOOT WOOT!!!

Not bad and, as you say, both teams benefit!! With Kobe at 3, Nash/Chalmers or Cole at 1, Nash could run at 2 (and some 1) and it would relieve Nash of trying to run the offense full time at 40 years old!!

Honestly with all the BS drama surrounding the Heat and D12, they deserve each other and could form the Super Hated Team. It would be like if the Yankees and Nazi's made a team. If they had oil the US Marines would invade.

:laugh3: Definitely!!

I think most Laker fans have had our fill of Dwight and really don't care if he stays or goes at this point!! With all of the money that the Lakers will have available next summer, we're not too worried about being irrelevant for more than a season or so!!

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chalmers/Bosh/Battier

For

D12/Artest/Duhon

I'm all for it!!!

1. Nash/Chalmers
2. Chalmers/Kobe
3. Kobe/Battier
4. Bosh
5. Pau

Nice...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad and, as you say, both teams benefit!! With Kobe at 3, Nash/Chalmers or Cole at 1, Nash could run at 2 (and some 1) and it would relieve Nash of trying to run the offense full time at 40 years old!!

I think most Laker fans have had our fill of Dwight and really don't care if he stays or goes at this point!! With all of the money that the Lakers will have available next summer, we're not too worried about being irrelevant for more than a season or so!!

Far cry from what was said when he signed there and during the season.
Laker fans said it would be unheard of for him to even consider leaving.
As problematic as he is, he still has the potential to be one of the biggest game changers in the NBA if he can get his shit together.

If he leaves, you guys are basically starting from scratch next summer.
Only time will tell how many seasons it will take for you to recover but it won't be a quick fix to get anywhere back to where you are used to being.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chalmers/Bosh/Battier

For

D12/Artest/Duhon

we will throw in all our wade if you keep artest....

The league has, what LBJ rubbed a lot of people the wrong way but nobody can deny he tries on the court. We can not say that about dwight. It would be the perfect time frame too. Dwight in his prime for 2-4 years more (injuries) LBJ in his for probably another 3-5 and then he could pick another team with great talent and make another couple runs.

Could we talk Buss jr into Bosh and Wade...now that would be the trade of the century and the Heat might literally have war declared on them for inhuman acts to fans. The Final's rings would be mercury infused uranium with conflict diamonds, they would all be elected to US office on the spot or be immediately overqualified lawyers for enron or corrupt insurance companies. Riley's hair would form into permanent horns. Spo would turn red and grow a pointed tail. And nobody even wearing a Heat shirt or jersey would be seen in photo graphs or mirrors.

I do not even want to think about if got had Artest too, such a strong downward pull towards hell all concentrated in the same region would probably be all she wrote for Florida.

TRIPLE 777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C--BOSH NEEDS TO TURN UP HIS GAME ONE NOTCH--HOWEVER BIRDMAN WAS REALLY MSSED COMING OFF THE BENCH IN GAME 6----I EXPECT THE HEAT TO REBOUND IN GAME 7---WORD---

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken Berger@KBergCBS16m
Roy Hibbert has been fined $75,000 for use of "inappropriate and vulgar language" in postgame press conference last night.

Great during the game....stupid at the presser afterwards

Last edited by a moderator:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Roy Hibbert apologized, and he was rightfully fined $75,000 on Sunday for using a homophobic slur and a four-syllable curse word that the NBA deemed "inappropriate and vulgar."
This was in the postgame news conference carried on live TV after the Pacers stunned the Heat on Saturday night and forced a Game 7 in the Eastern Conference finals.
Hibbert's apology was articulate and sincere, but a hefty fine was inevitable. He'll learn from this.

Hibbert pays price for gaffeHibbert fined $75,000 for using homophobic slur

But one thing Hibbert does not have to apologize for is his play during this series against Miami. He has been spectacular, dominant at times. More interesting to me is that he's reminded all of us how enjoyable it is to watch a skilled center go to work down on the low block, where he belongs.
Basketball has changed, and true centers are dinosaurs. As he was closing in on retirement in 2010, Shaquille O'Neal called himself the last true center. This was during an interview scrum before a game against the Knicks at Madison Square Garden, when Shaq was collecting paychecks from the Celtics.
"I think I killed off all the centers and now all the centers want to play the European-style basketball," O'Neal said back then. "There's only one-and-a-half or two real centers left, Dwight Howard and Yao Ming. Every now and then Yao Ming steps outside and wants to shoot jumpers, but it's gone more toward the European style. The days of Patrick Ewing and Rik Smits and Kevin Duckworth and Robert Parish, those days are over, thanks to me."
Well, thanks to Hibbert, those days may be back. Let's hope so.
The emphasis on wing play, spacing, 3-point shooting and increased pace have combined to create an aesthetically pleasing game -- but a game that's lacking its traditional meat and potatoes of low-post play. When done right -- with countless hours spent perfecting post moves and footwork and conditioning to put it all together -- it's an art. A lost one. Let's hope Hibbert's rise can help bring it back.

Doyel: Sky the limit for PacersFinals or not, future bright for young, polished Pacers

"I've never lost a series to a guy shooting jumpers -- besides Pau [Gasol], but Pau has a couple of extra weapons with him," O'Neal said. "There hasn't been a center that has won shooting jumpers. Pau is 60-40 -- 60 inside and 40 shooting jumpers. So I think the centers are getting a little more Pau Gasolish."
As usual, Shaq had a way of making up words to describe a condition we all knew to be true.
In a series involving LeBron James, it is almost inconceivable that a player not named LeBron James could be considered the strategic focal point, and perhaps tipping point. So it has been with Hibbert. The Pacers, the best defensive team in the NBA this season, have loaded up their defensive scheme to slow James' path to the paint and force him to give up the ball. It's the classic Doc Rivers-Tom Thibodeau approach, and it's worked partly because those James has relied on in the past to decimate that strategy haven't delivered -- namely, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.
But with Hibbert, the Heat are finding it to difficult to defend size without size regardless of what schematic tweaks Erik Spoelstra makes. The Heat briefly slowed Hibbert in Game 3 by throwing more double teams at him, but he's been mostly unguardable. When Hibbert is forced to post up farther from the block and gets trapped, he's coughed up the ball a few times. But that's hard work moving that big body out of the paint every trip down the floor. It wears you out, especially if you lack the big bodies to do it.
To Shaq's point, it's not as if Hibbert is out there going against Hakeem Olajuwon. And to that extent, Hibbert has proved a point about the modern NBA.
True centers who know how to go to work in the paint are so rare that if you have one, you have a distinct advantage. Let's just hope Hibbert somehow leads to a big-man renaissance and doesn't simply go the way of the dinosaurs.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After LeBron's "little stunt" Flagrant 2 that he got away with I hope the Heat get murdered in Game 7. I will be screaming for the Pacers and I have never been anywhere near Indiana.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me either, and i've been a WHOLE lotta places in this country. truthfully it's an experience i'll always hold on to. but yeah, imo the Pacers are worthy of respect for how they've handled these guys so far. we knew it'd be physical and chippy so this isn't a suprise at all. and as much as i despise LeClown i wouldn't want him kicked outta game 7. let's face it, if the Heat lose this series that's one less excuse for the Heat trolls around here to bandy about. but i DO like how the Heat have thrown their best blows at these guys and they keep punching back in SPITE of their mistakes. i may not be a Pacers fan but if these guys go on to the finals and win i surely wouldn't have a problem with it...

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually starting to develop some respect for the Heat after Game 5. Starting to, anyway.

Then I saw that flagrant foul against Hibbert that would have put a normal man in the hospital and little gay LeBron running back down the court, all like "I'm LeBron James. Everybody loves me and can do that and get away with it and it's okay because I am such a flaming faggot that I can do anything I want."

James is the frigging homo. What a wussy. I hope Hibbert gets his revenge the next time James comes into the lane. I will be rooting for it to happen.