• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heat predicted (by ESPN) to three-peat

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't address it because it was irrelevant. I could careless about what the Lakers couldn't do.

Irrelevant how? It's very relevant!! There is a reason that teams virtually never make it to 4 finals in a row. And it ain't because it's easy to do!!

Point of it was that getting to 4 straight finals isn't nearly as easy as you seem to think!!

Look, truth be told, if I had to bet my house or something else important and was given the Heat or the field, I'm betting the Heat!! It's the safe bet. They have shown that they know what it takes to win and they have the best player on the planet!! If I were a Heat fan, I'd be pretty confident too!!

However, the fact that some of you want to act like it's a slam dunk is just fooling yourselves!!

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the playoffs...You're not going to blow out teams by 20 even in a short series but the Heat did dominate that series. AVG margin of victory for Miami in that series was 18.2 but yeah this was such an tough series for the Heat. This was even more lopsided than the Milwaukee series where the avg margin of victory was at 14.7

And those games all played out pretty much the same way!! The Bulls would hang with the Heat for most of the game and then the Heat pulled away late when the Bulls ran out of gas.

Pretty sure a Bulls team that isn't depleted by injuries and has a healthy Rose forces at least a 6th and most likely a 7th game!!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The season has not even started and there is an awful lot of things that happen in a regular season. If things remain the same, Miami has the best chance of winning another championship, but that doesn't mean they will have that same chance in June. They might not even make the finals so the predictions by these Vegas people and etc doesn't mean shit. They are just trying to get the gamblers going on bets that favor the house.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And those games all played out pretty much the same way!! The Bulls would hang with the Heat for most of the game and then the Heat pulled away late when the Bulls ran out of gas.

Pretty sure a Bulls team that isn't depleted by injuries and has a healthy Rose forces at least a 6th and most likely a 7th game!!

Stop making stuff up please. In the 115-78 blowout the Heat had a 14 point lead at half and the Bulls never got any closer.

In the 88-65 blowout the Heat had a 11 point lead at half and the bulls never cut into that lead either. The only game of the 3 double digit wins for Miami in the series where Miami pulled away late when the Bulls "ran out of gas" was game 3 when Miami won by 10. The other 2 were done midway into the 3rd.

As for your point about Rose, I'm not sure if I agree. If Rose was more of a team player I would agree but the fact is that the Bulls play more team oriented basketball when he is not playing. When he is there the role players do a lot of standing and watching.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you said Jerry Stackhouse was better than Lebron. Comments like that deserve a temporary ban for stupidity. Im sorry if that seems stuck up to you. But some of your comments make me think you might have downs.

Please tell me that you are making that up.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buy championships? Having a high payroll guarantees you nothing ( ask the Lakers, Knicks, Brooklyn, etc).

" Should win 8+ championships easily with this team"?? Seriously? "This team" would have a bunch of players running around who would be 40+ years old.

If James stays healthy, he will have a chance to contend for a ring every season, because he will keep himself in those types of situations.

Hey, they set the expectations, I didn't...

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stackhouse doesn't flop.
Stackhouse doesn't cry.
Stackhouse doesn't let anybody outmuscle him.
Stackhouse moved people in and out of the lane as he so desired.

LeBron will never dominate like Stackhouse did.

Next thread, please.z

^^^^ that's the quote.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...eneral-discussion/110051-nba.html#post3472329

that's the thread. Not liking Lebron is one thing. Heck, it's what makes sports talk fun. But saying things like Jerry Stackhouse was more dominant than Lebron is stupid. It just is. If it makes me stuck up, then Im stuck up.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stackhouse doesn't flop.
Stackhouse doesn't cry.
Stackhouse doesn't let anybody outmuscle him.
Stackhouse moved people in and out of the lane as he so desired.

LeBron will never dominate like Stackhouse did.

Next thread, please.z

^^^^ that's the quote.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...eneral-discussion/110051-nba.html#post3472329

that's the thread. Not liking Lebron is one thing. Heck, it's what makes sports talk fun. But saying things like Jerry Stackhouse was more dominant than Lebron is stupid. It just is. If it makes me stuck up, then Im stuck up.

Too funny!
Let's put this in perspective.
Probably not many things ever written here could be more moronic then that. So... If he feels that I am a moron, based on his mindset being ass backwards, then I should have reason to feel great about myself:yahoo:

Anyway, I knew he was a tard when he threw a hissy fit over me posting what a perceived picture of Jesus looked like wearing a weed shirt.
You would have thought he was shot with an arrow the way he cried.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, they set the expectations, I didn't...

So far, so good....

If they win this year, they become an indisputable dynasty and go from there.

Worst case scenario is 3 Finals in 4 years with 2 championships.

Fan bases in any sport would kill for that.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, so good....

If they win this year, they become an indisputable dynasty and go from there.

Worst case scenario is 3 Finals in 4 years with 2 championships.

Fan bases in any sport would kill for that.

the heat could go 0-82 this season and the big 3 era was a success. 2 titles in 4 years minimum with 3 appearances. Considering they had 1 title off 1 appearance in the previous 20 years, Riley's plan worked.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see i dont do that. there are players around the league i like to watch. blake griffin because of his dunks is my favorite non heat player to watch right now. but i dont really care if his team wins or loses. where did you grow up? i grew up in sofla. i remember the announcement that miami was getting the one of the expansion teams. all we had in professional sports in south florida at the time was the dolphins and the hurricanes (yea, i said it). i like other players. but i couldnt ever root for another team like i do miami. if miami left like the sonics did.. i guess i would just follow a player like you, im not sure.

Mostly Michigan and I only followed football growing up. We didn't root for our team when they played like the browns year after year. We bitched and wore visiting teams jerseys until Matt Millen was fired and now we are respectable sometimes.

Despite that there is no team that I enjoy watching succeed more than the Lions and Wolverines. (I sports bet a lot though and I am really effective at turning emotions off when evaluating and have no problem rooting against my team for that game or any game.)

Later there was this kid my age doing amazing things on the court and decided I wanted to watch him play. As I got more into basketball I vowed to never put myself in a position to be a Browns fan ever again. I root for who I want when I want and enjoy every minute of it. It makes every game enjoyable as long as it isn't the Bobcats playing the Jaguars...even though that exact matchup would be legendary.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The shenaniries on this thread......Stackhouse better than Lebron?.....this is what the world's come to.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The shenaniries on this thread......Stackhouse better than Lebron?.....this is what the world's come to.

It's a sad, sad day!! What's next? Benoit Benjamin was better than Kareem?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop making stuff up please. In the 115-78 blowout the Heat had a 14 point lead at half and the Bulls never got any closer.

In the 88-65 blowout the Heat had a 11 point lead at half and the bulls never cut into that lead either. The only game of the 3 double digit wins for Miami in the series where Miami pulled away late when the Bulls "ran out of gas" was game 3 when Miami won by 10. The other 2 were done midway into the 3rd.

As for your point about Rose, I'm not sure if I agree. If Rose was more of a team player I would agree but the fact is that the Bulls play more team oriented basketball when he is not playing. When he is there the role players do a lot of standing and watching.

Guess you forgot about the 104-94 and 94-91 games!!

As for Rose, how do you know it would have continued that way? He didn't play all year!! You are assuming that he wouldn't have learned to play more team oriented ball!! With him on the floor, I think the 2 blowout games are closer and the Bulls win at least 1 and maybe both of the closer games!!

Unfortunately, he couldn't "get his mind right", so we'll never know!!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess you forgot about the 104-94 and 94-91 games!!

As for Rose, how do you know it would have continued that way? He didn't play all year!! You are assuming that he wouldn't have learned to play more team oriented ball!! With him on the floor, I think the 2 blowout games are closer and the Bulls win at least 1 and maybe both of the closer games!!

Unfortunately, he couldn't "get his mind right", so we'll never know!!

I never listed 94-91 as one of the blowout. The Heat won 3 games in the series by double digits and out of those 3 double digit wins, only the 104-94 game was due to the Heat pulling away late/ Bulls "running out of gas"

And I do agree the Heat wouldn't blow out the Bulls with Rose in the lineup.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 104 to 94 lead is not a blow out and is really nothing. That is only a five shot differential. A couple of shots being hit by the team about to lose suddenly can take away a few easy shots by the other team on a fastbreak and suddenly it's a tie game. A 10 point lead is really absolutely nothing to talk about

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a sad, sad day!! What's next? Benoit Benjamin was better than Kareem?

Well, you've now given some poor confused poster the idea so don't be surprised when this comes up in a month.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Previous seasons are now relevant according to Heat fans? Not too long these same Heat fans were telling Lakers fans how previous seasons mean nothing in regards to the next season. I understand sustained success is new to you, but stop being so hypocritical.