• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heading to Charleston SC next weekend.. What to do?

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:eyebrows: Market Pavilion... very nice

We're staying down the street at the Vendue...
will probably forego Saturday dinner for numerous rooftop ginny tonix...
would try (if such was possible) to cop a quart of take out she crab soup from SNOB... lol, lap it up sitting on the curb.
Vendue is nice too, almost stayed there. But its the same area. If I had more time I'd do more tours, since its been forever since I lived there. Did a walking tour of downtown that ended on rainbow row, that was fun. The market street stuff on the weekends are good too, just go earlier to avoid the crowds. Id walk everywhere down there or rent a bike if I went back. Market had valet parking, but the queue was long enough for 2 cars, otherwise you'd have to circle the block - and being next to Market Street was irritating. After the first day I just left early in the day and came back around 8ish.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vendue is nice too, almost stayed there. But its the same area. If I had more time I'd do more tours, since its been forever since I lived there. Did a walking tour of downtown that ended on rainbow row, that was fun. The market street stuff on the weekends are good too, just go earlier to avoid the crowds. Id walk everywhere down there or rent a bike if I went back. Market had valet parking, but the queue was long enough for 2 cars, otherwise you'd have to circle the block - and being next to Market Street was irritating. After the first day I just left early in the day and came back around 8ish.
good stuff...
I lived in ATL... travelled extensively throughout the SE for 24 years... one of my best friends -originally a client- was (he died in 2004) the scion of an early 1700s Charleston family... is a major boulevard in N Charleston with the family name... more money than god yet humble as the day was long... Cheshire's routine, every day, was to take his boat out fishing in the morning then manage family and business affairs in the afternoon... his vivacious wife's ancestors were French Huguenots who immigrated in 1684... is a street in the Battery with her family name. Some of my fondest memories are sitting on their veranda in the evening, sipping bourbon, listening rapt to the two of them recount 300 years of family histories... so yeah...

thanks again for the suggestions :suds:

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoy your stay and report back! I'm thinking of heading back late spring if I don't go to Boston.

Reactions: H2S