• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heading into the playoff concerns

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith gonna be healthy for the game?

I hope you guys smoke San Fran. Can't stand them and that overrated bum Kaepernick.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith gonna be healthy for the game?

I hope you guys smoke San Fran. Can't stand them and that overrated bum Kaepernick.

Steve Smith will be fine. I think he's already starting some mind games, talking about "overcoming the mental aspect" of the injury. He's been hurt and played hurt before and had great games. Unless he suffers a major setback in practice he'll be good to go come Sunday.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you actually had legit wrs and an o-line,you`d be the team to pick for the SB.

Steve smith is over the hill and it really shows.ginn and laFell to me seem to never be able to catch a ball.
Olsen is your best reciever.....Thats not a good sign.
And it seems to me cam gets sacked an awful lot.Not 100% sure its cause he hangs on the ball to long.If the wrs can`t get open fast enough and the o-line can`t hold off the defenders or if it is just plain downright bad o-line play....
i watch you guys play every Sunday.Cam is my fave player and draft him 1st the last two years on my team,so i get to watch quite the few games.
he is a great player and I agree,he needs to run a little more than he does.it seems to me he is more effective that way...

Heres to beating the 9`ers this weekend.:suds:

Why is having a TE as your most reliable receiver a bad thing?

Smith is not the player he was 5-6 years ago, but he more than makes up for it by how smart he plays. He still demands double teams, which allows other receivers to get open. Ginn and Lafell also catch more than half (better than 55% each, and that includes Cam's overthrows). I know SF has a hot young CB who will be assigned Smith. The one thing he better do is keep his mouth shut. You don't win a war of words with Steve Smith. Smitty is a master of getting inside a defenders head and he makes them pay for it. Maybe not with a catch but with a PI or a personal foul at the worst times.

Our O Line has given up 43 sacks this year but it has played better than we expected after all the injuries. Both our projected starting guards (from preseason) are on IR. One current starting G was a back up T at the start of the season and last year was a DT. The other starting G is a guy we cut a couple years ago.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna happen, but he's def the closest thing to a Megatron type in the draft. Another wideout not to fall asleep on is Benjamin from FSU. Damn shame we didn't take one Alshon Jeffery, over Silatolu, when he was there.

Saw Benjamin in the BCS (or as I call it the BSC). What is he 6'7"? Even Cam would have a hard time overthrowing him. LOL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Benjamin in the BCS (or as I call it the BSC). What is he 6'7"? Even Cam would have a hard time overthrowing him. LOL

yea but i was completly under whelmed by what i saw of him in the BCS national championship

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha!
yea but i was completly under whelmed by what i saw of him in the BCS national championship
He had a drop, in there, but sure brought in the big haul at the end, lol. He's got more outright speed than Matthews (who I doubt will be available in the 2nd round at our position), but isn't as good a route-runner, imo. Will be interesting to see where Gettleman goes -> could be OT in 1st, WR in 2nd. LaFell is in his contract year, and that makes it all more intriguing.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha!

He had a drop, in there, but sure brought in the big haul at the end, lol. He's got more outright speed than Matthews (who I doubt will be available in the 2nd round at our position), but isn't as good a route-runner, imo. Will be interesting to see where Gettleman goes -> could be OT in 1st, WR in 2nd. LaFell is in his contract year, and that makes it all more intriguing.

Coach Prohel can teach him how to run routes, if he is willing to learn. Take a look at Steve Smith from 2002 to 2003, Prohel made him into the WR he has become.

As for which way Gettleman goes, it's going to depend on who is available when we pick. We got lucky the last 2 years with LUUUUUUKE and Star falling to us. We have our needs but if the talent is not there at those positions I doubt we'll reach and just go BPA. I think we'll be looking at T, WR, or CB/S in round 1 and take the best overall player at one of those positions.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha!

i was mostly disapointed by the fact that he is 6'6 and he got out muscled and pushed around for 4 quarters by a 5'10 CB

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Too bad the saints pick before you.