• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HE GONE

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they would wait until Sunday so it wasn’t a story At the all star game

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now they need to hire somebody of competence

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was the right move. Not expecting a ton to improve immediately but losing as many as they have and not changing anything has been madness and pretty much his M.O.

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His coaching is only good enough to a point, per history. Wasn't entirely his fault, but wasn't going to take them much farther. Luc & Blake should be next. Move Luc to some ambassadorship role, or back to the business side of the club, so he still a part. But Blake & his aura over this club need to leave...

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little surprised at the timing, should have happened a week ago not right at the AS break. Kings will be a media circus this weekend.

Bluc should be next for sure, Teh Todd didn't make changes or adjust per his usual coaching style but the underachieving team built falls solely at those two morons' feet.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now they need to hire somebody of competence

Who isn't a cronie of Bowlby. He's had what, 3 and now will be 4 HCs since he took over as GM in 6.5 years? That's absolutely insane. Uncle Phil may be worth $16 billion but I don't think he appreciates cutting $5+ million checks for ex employees.

Blake's spending is out of control, and I don't just mean money either (assets like prospects and picks, players, staff) and he needs a dog collar put on him. I wouldn't be surprised if he is next come the end of the season, in a way I hope the Kings MISS the POs so he can get a foot in the ass and be shown the door. Bad hire in the first place, no experience or track record as a successful executive.

Full blown house cleaning is needed and hope his Beach Buddies go too.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they would wait until Sunday so it wasn’t a story At the all star game

Timing is off IMO too. Should have been done a week ago.

Even though the Kings won against Nashville, I don't think they played all that well plus the Preds hit 3 posts in the third alone. The only reason they got 2 points is because Rittich saved their asses otherwise we're looking at a 16 in 18 crash. Even with the win I had a feeling Teh Todd was on his way out, I just thought it was going to be after this weekend.

You can't even call it a skid anymore it's so bad.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who’s Jim Hiller the new, interim head coach?

Played briefly for the Kings, 1992-93 and part of that Cup run. Otherwise a marginal RW who played in small stints for Detroit and Winnipeg too and then went on to coaching Juniors I believe before coming back to the NHL in assistant roles. He turned the PP around last season but this season it's been a disaster.

Not expecting much from him to be honest. Normally teams see a jolt after firings and then come back to earth, but since he's part of the stagnant problem I don't see that happening. I'd be surprised.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just remembered the Kings are paying Ivan Provorov $2.025 million of his $4.725 million salary (43%) to play for Columbus after he had to throw in Walker to get rid of Petersen and his abysmal play and contract (which hadn't changed in Philadelphia FYI - he still stinks at the AHL and NHL level) which was basically the start of Bowlby's bad contracts/trade happy spree.

Like I said, the dude bleeds LA any way he can it seems and in this case had to pay his way out of a massive mistake he made in the first place.

McLellan may have gotten the axe first but the root of the problems all is on Blake. I've never understood why LA revers him as much as they do, overrated defenseman and an even worse executive.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate whimpy leadership, only thing since todd the god was safe is the Kings are 1-1.....now he notices:

Todd makes up his mind first thing and never deviates....if you cant adjust month to month, week to week, day to day, game to game, period to period....how the fuck are you going to know what to do in the playoffs shift to shift when every minute matters?

But thats been Todd since forever...

xis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whomever ends up coaching this team moving forward, one thing systematically that needs to change is the man to man D zone coverage.
The Kings play a man to man system in the D zone and that worked great for them under Sutter. It was mainly because they had the players to do it.

The league is much faster now and it's much more difficult to stick to a man all shift long. This is why the Kings get hemmed in the zone so often.
How are you going to stick to a man all shit long vs a team like the Oilers, Avs, Leafs etc. They are too good too quick and by the time you break out you're too tired to attack.

The offence worked well early on but Kopitar is 1: hurt and 2: can't keep up like he used to anymore. Doughty can't chase someone around the ice all night and still be effective in other parts of the game as well as before. Need to find a zone D system that can work with this set of players.

Players like PLD will also benefit from this change. The only player that is able to be effective in the current system of Kempe.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players like PLD will also benefit from this change. The only player that is able to be effective in the current system of Kempe.

Thats what im hoping for, change it up with these guys, lets see whst we really got. Ive seen play i like from PLD but also stuff i dont at all. I know he gases FAST, hopefully thry can get him going or we got a long 8 years

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
X, the Kings are a relic in that coverage. More and more teams are moving to zone or a hybrid.

To add what you're saying, teams draw defenders like Doughty and Anderson and what not out to the blue line isolating forwards down low in front of the net. That is not good and it shows when you have bigger guys like Kane and Matthews and what not in front of the goalie. McLellan never changed this up and it led to major mismatches down low with a F trying to defend. The size issue also plays a role here, you got The Lizard trying to cover Kane - he will lose every single time.

The 1-3-1 is also so pathetic, it's a variation of the trap that teams with minimal talent employ. I understand it may have been good 3 years ago, but not now when they have talented players.

These are some reasons why McLellan was fired. Hopefully Hiller changes things up, but that will be a challenge when there's 3 months left of the season and this has been ingrained in these guys for years.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanna try the 4 - 0 - 1

I think if you get the right Dman and Goalie it could work

Just gotta get the puck 1 time and fling it...get like a 800lb guy blocking the net

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1-3-1 is defensive structure only, the Kings employed a 1-2-2 in the offensive zone. Way too passive considering the personnel they have, that's a Todd thing and rightfully why he was fired. The composition of the team, not his fault.

I almost feel bad for the guy but then I look at his track record and he's Terry W. Murray Hates Black People V 2.0 - great builder, horrible finisher.