• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Hawks at Pens

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying Brooks Orpik should have dropped his gloves because he doesn't have to especially if it is a clean hit, but if the Blackhawks really wanted to get retribution they would have done it right then and got it out of the way - if you wait until later you risk either taking a worse penalty or not getting retribution at all - might as well get the retribution now

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milbury and BizNasty together would be a train wreck...

/I'd tune in to watch, though.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milbury would probably just throw a shoe and proceed to beat on the nearest minor.

He is a disgusting human being, and NBC feeling the need to pay that neanderthal to provide his opinion on national TV is equally as disgusting.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a similar vein, it's time to put Grapes out to pasture - He pulled out the "you people don't know because you haven't played the game" card on Saturday night. Very tired of his xenophobic rants on CBC.

Last edited by a moderator:

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a similar vein, it's time to put Grapes out to pasture - He pulled out the "you people don't know because you haven't played the game" card on Saturday night. Very tired of his xenophonic rants on CBC.

I don't get to see grapes, unfortunately, but they sound like similar old dirty bastards.

I'd have been embarrassed if I had been sitting on my couch last nite with my child and he heard what Milbury was spewing in the intermission. Mike was advocating violence and retribution.

The man just doesn't get it.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get to see grapes, unfortunately, but they sound like similar old dirty bastards.

I'd have been embarrassed if I had been sitting on my couch last nite with my child and he heard what Milbury was spewing in the intermission. Mike was advocating violence and retribution.

The man just doesn't get it.

In the Bruins - Flyers game yesterday, Rinaldo hit Iggy with a hard, but clean check. Obviously, Iggy didn't like it and he dropped the gloves and paid a price as Rinaldo landed a couple of beauties. That was basically the end of it though (although Iggy did lay a beauty of a hit on Raffl later in the game). Unfortunately, not too many of the star players in the league are willing to drop the gloves in their own defense and that's where the whole violence and retribution factors come into play.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the Bruins - Flyers game yesterday, Rinaldo hit Iggy with a hard, but clean check. Obviously, Iggy didn't like it and he dropped the gloves and paid a price as Rinaldo landed a couple of beauties. That was basically the end of it though (although Iggy did lay a beauty of a hit on Raffl later in the game). Unfortunately, not too many of the star players in the league are willing to drop the gloves in their own defense and that's where the whole violence and retribution factors come into play.

That doesn't surprise me about Iggy. He is a professional from a different era. However, I will say that I highly doubt Jeremy Jacobs and Co. would have been very happy if afterwards it was found out that Iggy broke one of those buttery soft hands while punching a worthless meatsack like Rinaldo.

I know it isn't the popular opinion on this board, but personally I'm ready for fighting to be outlawed in the NHL. It doesn't fit in with the reality in the sporting world we live in anymore. Concussions and their ramifications are widely known, and it has been proven that former NHL'ers have died prematurely because of them.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it isn't the popular opinion on this board, but personally I'm ready for fighting to be outlawed in the NHL. It doesn't fit in with the reality in the sporting world we live in anymore. Concussions and their ramifications are widely known, and it has been proven that former NHL'ers have died prematurely because of them.

I think it's gonna take some time (I'm thinking still 15 or 20 years away), but you will see fighting eradicated from the game one day. I mean, if the league was really serious about getting rid of it, you could automatically eject guys for fighting instead of just handing out a five minute major. Just that alone would give guys second thoughts about dropping the gloves (especially in the first period).

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first rule of thumb in hockey...keep your head on a swivel. Hopefully Toews isn't injured and just had sand in his Vag for not following rule number one. Great, clean hit. And FYI, Orpik doesn't go out looking to injure people.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Millbury on this one. Orpik tries to hurt people and wont answer the bell. Fuck him

yeah.....it would have been more manly if Orpik came up to Towes from behind and assaulted him while play was halted.

:rollseyes: ....dumb

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's gonna take some time (I'm thinking still 15 or 20 years away), but you will see fighting eradicated from the game one day. I mean, if the league was really serious about getting rid of it, you could automatically eject guys for fighting instead of just handing out a five minute major. Just that alone would give guys second thoughts about dropping the gloves (especially in the first period).

But you know exactly what that would create. Piles of crap like Jared Boll would go after every star on every team trying to get them to drop. Game misconducts will become a defensive strategy.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you know exactly what that would create. Piles of crap like Jared Boll would go after every star on every team trying to get them to drop. Game misconducts will become a defensive strategy.

Yeah, I realize that could be a real issue, but that's where refs need to hammer those types of guys by handing out instigator penalties. Also, maybe we need to bring back the "you serve the entire two minutes regardless of how many powerplay goals are scored" rule?

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For a while yeah. You'd have to start penalizing the net front scrums and after whistle stuff much, much harsher too. That's where that animosity builds.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a while yeah. You'd have to start penalizing the net front scrums and after whistle stuff much, much harsher too. That's where that animosity builds.

They could also try doing that now.