• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Having signed Samardzija, what else should we do?

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long time, no see. :wave:

Is health what concerns you about Cueto? I personally think he could end up being the bargain of the offseason.

I really like Chen, but we'd have to surrender another pick, basically punting the 2016 draft. I'm also always weary of Boras, Chen's agent. Chen will probably end up receiving a $100M somewhere.

Jackson falls into the same category as Parra for me, uninspiring bat with an inconsistent glove. Could probably be outplayed by J/Mac for $1M combined.

Agreed on Fister, IF we decide to go after a big outfielder.

I wouldn't mind Kennedy on a short deal, but as another Boras client, I doubt he'll settle. A one-year show me deal would be excellent, I do think the San Diego defense let him down and he could be a solid add. If it's a big contract, avoid.

Hello again!

Health concerns is definitely one real concern with Cueto. Still feel like he is looking for 21M-plus per and as the "ace" left on market with Dodgers bidding.....let them have him.

I just prefer Jackson to Parra because Jackson will be cheaper....I think, if I'm wrong, then nvm on him.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello again!

Health concerns is definitely one real concern with Cueto. Still feel like he is looking for 21M-plus per and as the "ace" left on market with Dodgers bidding.....let them have him.

I just prefer Jackson to Parra because Jackson will be cheaper....I think, if I'm wrong, then nvm on him.

I might like to see the Giants jump in on Cueto if only to drive his price up a bit for LA. If they find out he takes less money, GREAT!

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far after getting Samardzija they have done squat. I hope they make another move or two. An LF or CF and a SP should be signed. Unless they are going with a Bum, Sam, Cain, Peavy, Heston rotation and maybe Lincecum as a long reliever. And an outfield of Pence, Blanco, Pagan, and a rookie. That wouldn't get it done for the 4th ring.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far after getting Samardzija they have done squat. I hope they make another move or two. An LF or CF and a SP should be signed. Unless they are going with a Bum, Sam, Cain, Peavy, Heston rotation and maybe Lincecum as a long reliever. And an outfield of Pence, Blanco, Pagan, and a rookie. That wouldn't get it done for the 4th ring.
Well it's not like they haven't tried. They actually outbid the Cubs for Zobrist but were turned down. They bid very high for Greinke but the Dbags went and lost their minds. There are still several good players left and we still have plenty of cash.

That is, unless they listen to LHG, save on payroll so they can lower the ticket prices. :lol:

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting article in the SJMerc this A.M. :
Samardzija introduced by Giants, pitcher explains what happened last season

A short excerpt :

{...}
The White Sox figured out late last season that he {Samardzija} was tipping his pitches, meaning that batters knew what was coming.
{...}

Samardzija indicated Friday that the problem stemmed from how long he was holding the ball while in the stretch. He'd hold it a certain amount of time for a splitter and a different amount of time for a slider, for example.
{...}

In two starts after addressing the problem, Samardzija went 2-0 with just two runs allowed in 16 innings.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it could be better, that rotation is not bad IF the FO thinks Cain is ready and Heston can lower his pitch count to last longer. Or Blackburn could be ready. Our rookies have been very underestimated as of late. And, as you mentioned, there is the Timmeh factor.

So if they don't get a pitcher, I'd like to see them get Gordon.

It's all about Teh Window.