• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Have to start Stidham Now.... Right?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp,

Stidham will NOT start unless Cam gets hurt

"“Cam has certainly, he certainly has been the best option for us all year long since he earned the opportunity in training camp," he said on a conference call Friday. "And look, whenever the offense struggles, I know the attention is always going to get turned to that position. Me personally, it’s my responsibility to put us in a position to be more productive than we were last night. Every time we struggle offensively and don’t score enough points to win the game, I know I need to do a better job."

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmm... Missed that when I read his post. Don't think he was saying make McDaniels the permanent coach
So unless he is suggesting making Josh the eventual coach, he would as Owner of the team, leave us in the position of having no coach, no general manager and no QB?????

All for the purpose of getting rid of the best coach of all time?
Reasoning being he can read BB's mind and know why he is making decisions?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every once in awhile it is. Lynch from the Niners has been quoted saying they wanted Jimmy G but BB offered Brady instead. But yeah... that probably came from the Enquirer or the Onion. :L But, Since Kraft didn’t tell me himself... can’t be true.
Funny, I read that Lynch asked about Brady and got laughed at.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some interesting articles coming out this morning asking the same questions about starting Stidham.

Better yet. One article outwardly states that Bill Belichick doesn't care what the fans or media think or say. BUT, and this is a big but. Robert Kraft does have to listen to the people who pay the bills. He and BB do not run around in the same social circles and Kraft has to keep fans and investors and shareholders in his other companies happy. Especially when those people are also the ones who spend $2M-$5M a year for Luxury Suites and catering 10-12 times a year at Gillette. He can't say to those big spenders, Yeah I own the team but I don't tell BB what to do. Does he say that about his cardboard box business that makes all of Amazon's boxes?? Does he also stay out of the wood businesses he owns up in Maine? or his Printing businesses or production businesses? You don't become a billionaire by letting someone else run things. You have to have some involvement and the big problem with owning a sports franchise is that your customers have emotional attachment to the product and refuse to just toss it away and buy a new and better one.

Putting people you trust in critical positions and not micromanaging them or second guessing them is a good place to start though.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also said, "let it land where it may" You decided where to pick it up! (think about that)
My criticism is for those who want to fire the best coach in history.
Criticizing BB is fair game. Suggesting we fire him and promote (failed) Josh?
Throw a rock into a pack of dogs, the one that yelps is a pretty likely the one that got hit.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can argue all you want, but Belichick is just three younger than me. I know that as I've gone through my sixties and into my seventies, I tend to be much less flexible in my decision making and trust my gut more than ever. It's based om my experience and personal knowledge and not on the changes that have occurred around me over the past twenty years. I know Bill is doing the same because that's who we are as humans.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can argue all you want, but Belichick is just three younger than me. I know that as I've gone through my sixties and into my seventies, I tend to be much less flexible in my decision making and trust my gut more than ever. It's based om my experience and personal knowledge and not on the changes that have occurred around me over the past twenty years. I know Bill is doing the same because that's who we are as humans.
You can equate Bill to yourself - OK as a fan.
Understand that I have watched Bil for years and listened to you for years.
I enjoy your posts. I don't always agree on all of them. This is one I disagree with.
I have faith in Belichick even though he sometimes make mistakes.
I am almost as old as you. My job has allowed me to make decisions that involve national security and impacts that affect Billions of dollars.
I still make good decisions. Decisions on their own merit.
I don't get up in the morning and make decisions because I am angry with a situation.
Firing Bill Belichick because he does not lay all his cards on the table for King Ken to review is stupid.
Saying we are the same is arrogant and foolish.
My decision - If I were King Southie, would be to have faith in BB in a down year, covid year, a year with no QB, a reset year.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My decision - If I were King Southie, would be to have faith in BB in a down year, covid year, a year with no QB, a reset year.
The decisions that he's made have been more seriously affected by a down year, covid year, a year with no QB and a reset year. I firmly believe that he knew that this was going to be a "down year" at least two years ago. The draft was virtual and he should have been planning for everything at that time because the pandemic was in full motion in April 2020, he knew that there was a door that TB12 could walk through back in 2018 and didn't plan for that, He knew last spring that 'if' he didn't do something, this would be a 'reset' year.

You can say whatever you think about BB, but missed on everything in 2020.

1. No QB. He gets Cam because Cam is willing to take $1M and try to redeem his career. The Panthers sucked and let him go.
2. No WRs. He knew that this group was terribly weak beyond Edelman and that Edelman had been beaten up badly. 50/50 He'd get hurt again.
3. No TEs in 2019 because he skipped over every decent TE in the 2019 draft.
4. No backup plan if 2,4,8 or 16 guys decided to opt out. "We just have to deal with what we have."
5. Lose 9 players to free agency and are stuck with $22M in dead cap money and have no money to spend to get critical players. It's nit like this was a big surprise that was dumped on him on January 1, 2020. This is where his age is starting to hit him. he's nit a claravoyant, he's a 68 year old man who's been ahead of the curve for 95% of his career. Now he's fallen back a bit and he doesn't have the recovery speed. My gut tells me that he's not going to take full advantage of the monetary position or draft position that he'll be in come April.

I'm no more King Ken than You're King Southie. I don't have every answer, nor do I have the resources at my fingertips that BB does.He's been able to save himself by finding gold nuggets after the annual draft who've been stalwarts on the team, but he's missed on many of his draft picks. I'm comparing his picks to anyone else, he's just missed and his many of his picks are no longer playing football.

I think his ego is clouding his judgement. He can't be GM, HC, DC and Medical Director and do any of them justice while wearing all of the hats.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop comparing yourself to BB. He's the greatest ever at his profession. Anything thing he loses just brings him closer to the next guy in line.

Could all this be BB following the same road map he always uses but just doesn't have the same abundance of complementary pieces to overshadow the blemishes? Cam tucks the ball against the Bills and we aren't talking this way. If he choose to run outside against Seattle and we would be thinking we still have a shot at the title... There a few more plays that could have changed things too, but they didn't.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop comparing yourself to BB. He's the greatest ever at his profession. Anything thing he loses just brings him closer to the next guy in line.

Could all this be BB following the same road map he always uses but just doesn't have the same abundance of complementary pieces to overshadow the blemishes? Cam tucks the ball against the Bills and we aren't talking this way. If he choose to run outside against Seattle and we would be thinking we still have a shot at the title... There a few more plays that could have changed things too, but they didn't.
Absolutely dead nuts, can't argue. My point is that he has the control of those complimentary pieces and he not providing them.
The one thing that i do understand is that he's had teams that were always successful and that put him in a horrible draft position, generally 28-32. He's never really had a shot at any of the top 20 players available and that's a problem that we as fans were happy with every January and February. Now that the cast has been broken, he didn't do anything to improve this team before the trade deadline. He got a little money with the Hernandez settlement. Not a lot, but some. He seems to have accepted the hand that he was dealt and didn't appear to try to do anything. Like I said before, I certainly don't have all of the answers but I expect that BB and Caserio should have more than we've been given.

After the past spectacular twenty years, I'm just disappointed in what I'm perceiving as a lack of extra effort to make a bad thing better when the opportunity was there.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely dead nuts, can't argue. My point is that he has the control of those complimentary pieces and he not providing them.
The one thing that i do understand is that he's had teams that were always successful and that put him in a horrible draft position, generally 28-32. He's never really had a shot at any of the top 20 players available and that's a problem that we as fans were happy with every January and February. Now that the cast has been broken, he didn't do anything to improve this team before the trade deadline. He got a little money with the Hernandez settlement. Not a lot, but some. He seems to have accepted the hand that he was dealt and didn't appear to try to do anything. Like I said before, I certainly don't have all of the answers but I expect that BB and Caserio should have more than we've been given.

After the past spectacular twenty years, I'm just disappointed in what I'm perceiving as a lack of extra effort to make a bad thing better when the opportunity was there.

So you don't believe BB when he said the Pats essentially sold out to surround Brady with weapons to win the Super Bowl and won three of four recently? That was all bullshit? The Pats cap issue this year, which is public record, is bullshit? BB is just a stupid moron and should be fired immediately?

The Covid optouts don't matter and that's all Bill's fault? Cam getting Covid was Bills fault and proves he's a lousy GM/coach?

I imagine the QB position could remain an issue next season but I fully expect the Pats to be significantly better. I hope BB is the coach of the Patriots for as long as he wants to be.

Last edited:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Stidham truly isn't good enough or worthy but is only getting practice squad teams really that a good one to evaluate a qbs talent?

Apparently it is

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't believe BB when he said the Pats essentially sold out to surround Brady with weapons to win the Super Bowl and won three of four recently? That was all bullshit? The Pats cap issue this year, which is public record, is bullshit? BB is just a stupid moron and should be fired immediately?

The Covid optouts don't matter and that's all Bill's fault? Cam getting Covid was Bills fault and proves he's a lousy GM/coach?

I imagine the QB position could remain an issue next season but I fully expect the Pats to be significantly better. I hope BB is the coach of the Patriots for as long as he wants to be.
I never said that, you did. Find any post of mine where I've ever called Belichick, "stupid", "Moron" or any other derogatory name. You can go back back to 2011 when I started posting in here.

'You' twist what I write to suit your reply.

I say that Bill Belichick is wearing too many hats and because of that, he can't do any one of his jobs at 100% competency. He refuses to name a DC and that's totally on him. He basically keeps control of the defense and that's on him. He's handling all of the team medical or Covid controls and that's on him. He's the head coach and General Manager, that's on him.

Solution:
Be the Head Coach and Co-GM. Have Kraft name Caserio Vice President of Player Personnel and Co-GM.
Get a Defensive Coordinator or name Mayo or your son and let them do their job and stay out of it.
Hire a medical professional to handle the medical stuff especially the daily NFL changes for Covid.

Now he has only a couple of things to deal with and the added weight is off his shoulders. The best example would be having a practice in the middle of a Wednesday and the league sends out a Covid Alert. BB doesn't have to take an hour to figure it out. His medical person gets it and after practice he/she fills in BB as to what has to be done.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all do that to agree without the "to suit your reply". This is a message board and not a publication and we reply based on interpretations and recollections (and often recollections of our interpretations). It's seldom perfect and often way, way off.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said that, you did. Find any post of mine where I've ever called Belichick, "stupid", "Moron" or any other derogatory name. You can go back back to 2011 when I started posting in here.

I say that Bill Belichick is wearing too many hats and because of that, he can't do any one of his jobs at 100% competency. He refuses to name a DC and that's totally on him. He basically keeps control of the defense and that's on him. He's handling all of the team medical or Covid controls and that's on him. He's the head coach and General Manager, that's on him.

Solution:
Be the Head Coach and Co-GM. Have Kraft name Caserio Vice President of Player Personnel and Co-GM.
Get a Defensive Coordinator or name Mayo or your son and let them do their job and stay out of it.
Hire a medical professional to handle the medical stuff especially the daily NFL changes for Covid.

Now he has only a couple of things to deal with and the added weight is off his shoulders. The best example would be having a practice in the middle of a Wednesday and the league sends out a Covid Alert. BB doesn't have to take an hour to figure it out. His medical person gets it and after practice he/she fills in BB as to what has to be done.

Yes I'm twisting what you write. Didn't think that was a problem. It's just the "feeling" I get from your posts. I enjoy your posts very much but most definitely disagree with you on the subject of Belichick. I believe the Pats are in rebuilding mode and have been for a few years now. The loss of Brady, the optouts, and the cap issues have hit all at once. I believe the Pats will be MUCH better next year even if we still don't have a franchise QB with Belichick in the same role he's in now.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Stidham truly isn't good enough or worthy but is only getting practice squad teams really that a good one to evaluate a qbs talent?

Apparently it is

He'd play every last game this year if I had my way.

Gotta know before any draft if he is the guy, or even close to the guy.