• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Have to start Stidham Now.... Right?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not 422M of dead money

That should be $22M in dead money against the cap.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me thinks it's time for Kraft to step him and tell BB to keep his ego in check
The easier thing to do is for Kraft to tell him, "Do what's best for "MY" team and "MY" team's future. Start Stidham and have the knowledge of what he's capable of doing. Move forward in April with that knowledge."

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The easier thing to do is for Kraft to tell him, "Do what's best for "MY" team and "MY" team's future. Start Stidham and have the knowledge of what he's capable of doing. Move forward in April with that knowledge."
Yeah but I don't see that happening during the season unfortunately. I am hoping he steps in come Draft day

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you're beginning to see and understand my "Catch-22" Football Coach theory.

Belichick is fitting it to a tee. He will only bring in Stidham to mop up a mess. He made the mistake of letting him play that one series and he lit up the Chargers. Last night against the Rams, Cam was so exposed that BB took him out to help him save face. Problem for Bill now is that CBS, Fox and ESPN are declaring that Cam was 'benched'.

That's bringing out the coach in my theory that will say, "No one is going to dictate how I coach. I will play cam because I know that if I strtbStidham and he beats the Dolphins and Bills, I will be villified for not starting him at the beginning of the season." If Stidham starts and the team wins or plays much better, that makes Bill look bad. Much of it has to do with ego. Belichick has been crowned the greatest coach of all time and he's been put in a tough position with 8 players opting out and 9 players leaving as free agents. That and he had to deal with nearly 422M of dead money against the cap. If this had been a normal year, the free agent losses wouldn't have changed and I'm not 100% convinced that the Opt outs would have made that much difference. So ends a historical moment in time...................17 straight years with a winning record. Totally unheard of in professional sports.
17? Try 19, they were 9-7 in 2002 and it came off as a "down year" because it followed a SB win and they missed the playoffs (by a tie breaker, if I recall).

As far as BB being in a tough spot... and caring what other think and say? I just doubt it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not buying ego getting in the way.
I also doubt if at this stage of his career he is running around frantically trying to guess what the fake media and fickle fans are thinking.
"You" don't deserve a coach like Belichick.
(let that land where it may)

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Belichick is NOT God.

Bill Belichick is NOT perfect.

Bill Belichick is human and does have an ego.

While he may not "care" what other people think or say, no one likes to hear negative things said about them. Especially when it's about how they do their job.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not buying ego getting in the way.
I also doubt if at this stage of his career he is running around frantically trying to guess what the fake media and fickle fans are thinking.
"You" don't deserve a coach like Belichick.
(let that land where it may)
yea got to agree kraft telling BB what to do is crazy
Do u really want to go back to the sullivan years or maybe we could get jerry jones to buy the team

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Kraft pretty much did tell BB to trade Jimmy G. So, one never knows.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
things no one knows for sure for $100 alex
i know i know if its on the internet it must be true

Every once in awhile it is. Lynch from the Niners has been quoted saying they wanted Jimmy G but BB offered Brady instead. But yeah... that probably came from the Enquirer or the Onion. :L But, Since Kraft didn’t tell me himself... can’t be true.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some interesting articles coming out this morning asking the same questions about starting Stidham.

Better yet. One article outwardly states that Bill Belichick doesn't care what the fans or media think or say. BUT, and this is a big but. Robert Kraft does have to listen to the people who pay the bills. He and BB do not run around in the same social circles and Kraft has to keep fans and investors and shareholders in his other companies happy. Especially when those people are also the ones who spend $2M-$5M a year for Luxury Suites and catering 10-12 times a year at Gillette. He can't say to those big spenders, Yeah I own the team but I don't tell BB what to do. Does he say that about his cardboard box business that makes all of Amazon's boxes?? Does he also stay out of the wood businesses he owns up in Maine? or his Printing businesses or production businesses? You don't become a billionaire by letting someone else run things. You have to have some involvement and the big problem with owning a sports franchise is that your customers have emotional attachment to the product and refuse to just toss it away and buy a new and better one.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't criticize BB though? When we do, "we don't deserve him?" Really? Why have that take? Yes we love BB and what he has given us fans but that doesn't mean when we don't like something he does or doesn't do it shouldn't give us that right to say how we feel? Are we just supposed to blindly follow him and agree with 100% of the things he does? Come on man. You're better than that!

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Belichick making the football decisions and Kraft sitting quietly in the background over Jerrah trying to make the decisions with a string of hapless coaches under his thumb.

I live here in Delaware now. I was at a bar Monday enjoying myself with Redskins fans.

And there's no way I will cheer for Cam Newton.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Belichick is NOT God.

Bill Belichick is NOT perfect.

Bill Belichick is human and does have an ego.

While he may not "care" what other people think or say, no one likes to hear negative things said about them. Especially when it's about how they do their job.
BK is good and doesn't have an ego

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are starting all over why not trade BB and Cam to Jets for their first round pick?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some interesting articles coming out this morning asking the same questions about starting Stidham.

Better yet. One article outwardly states that Bill Belichick doesn't care what the fans or media think or say. BUT, and this is a big but. Robert Kraft does have to listen to the people who pay the bills. He and BB do not run around in the same social circles and Kraft has to keep fans and investors and shareholders in his other companies happy. Especially when those people are also the ones who spend $2M-$5M a year for Luxury Suites and catering 10-12 times a year at Gillette. He can't say to those big spenders, Yeah I own the team but I don't tell BB what to do. Does he say that about his cardboard box business that makes all of Amazon's boxes?? Does he also stay out of the wood businesses he owns up in Maine? or his Printing businesses or production businesses? You don't become a billionaire by letting someone else run things. You have to have some involvement and the big problem with owning a sports franchise is that your customers have emotional attachment to the product and refuse to just toss it away and buy a new and better one.
You become a billionnaire by hiring the right person for the right job - not telling the mail clerk where to put the tape.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't criticize BB though? When we do, "we don't deserve him?" Really? Why have that take? Yes we love BB and what he has given us fans but that doesn't mean when we don't like something he does or doesn't do it shouldn't give us that right to say how we feel? Are we just supposed to blindly follow him and agree with 100% of the things he does? Come on man. You're better than that!
I also said, "let it land where it may" You decided where to pick it up! (think about that)
My criticism is for those who want to fire the best coach in history.
Criticizing BB is fair game. Suggesting we fire him and promote (failed) Josh?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also said, "let it land where it may" You decided where to pick it up! (think about that)
My criticism is for those who want to fire the best coach in history.
Criticizing BB is fair game. Suggesting we fire him and promote (failed) Josh?

I never said (and I know you aren't saying I did) that we should fire BB and promote JOSH is freaking laughable. Who said that?

This season is a bust now so just put Stidham in.... Maybe it will turn things around. Doubt it but it's something.....

Yes Cam is loved by all in the locker room and people suggesting BB is only keeping him behind center to keep the locker room need there heads examined. He is no way will do that

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said (and I know you aren't saying I did) that we should fire BB and promote JOSH is freaking laughable. Who said that?

This season is a bust now so just put Stidham in.... Maybe it will turn things around. Doubt it but it's something.....

Yes Cam is loved by all in the locker room and people suggesting BB is only keeping him behind center to keep the locker room need there heads examined. He is no way will do that
Game #13 Patriots vs Rams Thursday December 10, 2020 8:20 PM EST NFL Network (Some ABC) Post 30