• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hate to say it but Brees is soft

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's the 00's Dirk Nowitzki of the NFL. Can't man up against tough defenses.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's is getting old. It happens to them all.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Brees is a probably a top 20 QB all time....there isn't a franchise that wouldn't take that for the vast majority of their team's history.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reactionary people remain the best of all.
Blah Blah Blah and the patriots are already in the super bowl too.

speaking of over the top....shout out to the so-called packer fan that should be a redskins fan

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how just based on last nights game you can make that statement with a straight face. Look at his stat line against Seattle, Denver and the first meeting with Carolina this year. Looked pretty damn good to me and I would call those some tough defenses.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked damn good against Seattle and Denver.....But I guess those are terrible defensive teams

And you wonder why we don't take you seriously on here

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how just based on last nights game you can make that statement with a straight face. Look at his stat line against Seattle, Denver and the first meeting with Carolina this year. Looked pretty damn good to me and I would call those some tough defenses.

Exactly. You can't expect him to throw 350 and 3 TDs every week.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yet he waits until the second half to do anything. If this team wants to win a sb then they need to load up on defense for the next few years so they can have a top five unit when Brees is carried like Manning in 2019. If NFC South does not go to sb this year it will be NFC North or NFC East, then NFC East or NFC West, NFC West or NFC North(who probably get back in rotation here), then it will be NFC South's turn. Basically 2019. Saints though will be active in this season's FA too bad if they were to go to the sb next year Atlanta probably already has a ring or even Carolina which would suck. NFC teams choose uniforms this year and since pats more than likely will be in the sb they will know they are the designated road team and will choose accordingly. The road uniforms has won every superbowl since 2003(January 2004).

If we lose to the rams and then proceed to play that finish strong crap I just may turn in my fandom. There's a difference between being the brown and choosing to lose.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet he waits until the second half to do anything. If this team wants to win a sb then they need to load up on defense for the next few years so they can have a top five unit when Brees is carried like Manning in 2019. If NFC South does not go to sb this year it will be NFC North or NFC East, then NFC East or NFC West, NFC West or NFC North(who probably get back in rotation here), then it will be NFC South's turn. Basically 2019. Saints though will be active in this season's FA too bad if they were to go to the sb next year Atlanta probably already has a ring or even Carolina which would suck. NFC teams choose uniforms this year and since pats more than likely will be in the sb they will know they are the designated road team and will choose accordingly. The road uniforms has won every superbowl since 2003(January 2004).

If we lose to the rams and then proceed to play that finish strong crap I just may turn in my fandom. There's a difference between being the brown and choosing to lose.
I know losing to Carolina sucked last night....but you gotta look at the season objectively. It's not like we've had no hope, because imo we've beaten ourselves in pretty much every loss except Atlanta

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure I'm grasping all of that, but I'll say this.

The Saints D played well enough to get a win last night, but the reality is...when NO doesn't get 25 or more points on the board they are going to lose. ATL game, they were getting blown out and got some point in garbage time.

From where I sit...Brees is the least of the Saints problem aside from cap hit...I think they've made some nice draft picks (I know the promising young LB is on IR) and they are getting the DEF back to a contender level, but imo, there's just not enough around Brees on the DEF side of the ball to really be bent out of shape at all right now....I thought 9-7 would be a good year....30th in the league in points against says they should be worse than 4-6...the teams that are worst against score collectively have 1 win.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees also did it up against the Chief
I know losing to Carolina sucked last night....but you gotta look at the season objectively. It's not like we've had no hope, because imo we've beaten ourselves in pretty much every loss except Atlanta

Yep like I said this team should easily be 7-3 if not for blocked fgs/XP against the Giants, Broncos, and Panthers.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I'm grasping all of that, but I'll say this.

The Saints D played well enough to get a win last night, but the reality is...when NO doesn't get 25 or more points on the board they are going to lose. ATL game, they were getting blown out and got some point in garbage time.

From where I sit...Brees is the least of the Saints problem aside from cap hit...I think they've made some nice draft picks (I know the promising young LB is on IR) and they are getting the DEF back to a contender level, but imo, there's just not enough around Brees on the DEF side of the ball to really be bent out of shape at all right now....I thought 9-7 would be a good year....30th in the league in points against says they should be worse than 4-6...the teams that are worst against score collectively have 1 win.

I like what I've seen out of the defense the last four games excluding the first half vs SF. Looked like they turned a corner. Also nice to see a consistent pass rush the last two weeks. Hoping it keeps up

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense's PA ranking is due to the first six weeks. Since then they have allowed 17, 13, 23, 18, and 26. Also, their total defense is ranked higher, they were top 10 in turnovers. The defense has done enough to win, the problem is we really don't have big receivers or a top RB to take the pressure off Brees. Thomas was the best we could find in that last draft but that was a down draft for receivers. This next one has to be better.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what I've seen out of the defense the last four games excluding the first half vs SF. Looked like they turned a corner. Also nice to see a consistent pass rush the last two weeks. Hoping it keeps up

I'm not sure where the Saints DEF is just yet, I say that because SF, DEN, and CAR are all in need on the OL, especially CAR..

But I agree, they are on the uptick and could be a big spoiler this yr...still can win 9 games imo.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a cowboys fan, this is a perfect example of how a Qb gets to much credit & too much blame. Brees isn't calling the plays in the 1st half of games. Only the 2nd half is when they rely on him to get them back in the game. So maybe he deserves more credit than normal than most teams. I think without Brees the Saints could be hurting bad. If some overpaid QB is earning his contract I could believe it to be Brees.
I think if the Saints slip into the playoffs. they are that team no one really wants to play as a Dark horse. (true meaning of "Wild Card")

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees ain't soft lol. He's old and his team is nowhere near as talented as the one he won a Super Bowl with

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Brees is a probably a top 20 QB all time....there isn't a franchise that wouldn't take that for the vast majority of their team's history.

Tom Brady has one career season with over 5000 yards passing.
Peyton Manning had one season with over 5000 yards passing.
Dan Marino had a single season over 5000 yards passing.
Matt Stafford has a single season in his career with over 5000 yards passing.
Drew Brees has done it FOUR times. Nobody else in NFL history even got the once.

Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Kurt Warner, Andrew Luck, and Matt Stafford all threw for 40 TD's in a season once. Manning and Marino did it twice. Brees has done it THREE times. Nobody else has even done it once.

He took one of the historic loser franchises and won a Superbowl. Marino never did that.

It's actually easier to make a case that Brees is THE GOAT than it is to make an argument that he's outside the top 10 all time. Calling him a top 20 QB is in fact insulting.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's actually easier to make a case that Brees is THE GOAT than it is to make an argument that he's outside the top 10 all time. Calling him a top 20 QB is in fact insulting.

It's not more insulting than just using stats at face value to draw conclusions.

Look...I think Brees is an excellent QB, but there are at least three QB's during his era (Rodgers, Brady, Manning) who are generally considered by most as being the better player, and you can make the case that so are Roethlisberger and Rivers. Whether you personally do, is irrelevant.

Given that the NFL didn't start in 2000, I'd say it's very easy to find another 5-10 guys in the history of the league that were as good or better...and more than likely they never enjoyed the pinball/pass-heavy era that Brees gets to operate in.

In no particular order:

Montana, Marino, Unitas, Graham, Brady, Baugh, Starr, Jurgenson, Staubach, Manning, Elway, Young, Favre, Tarkenton, Rodgers, Fouts, Moon, Aikman, Stabler, Warner, Rivers, Roethlisberger.

Brees is somewhere in there, and a case can be made for each one....so calling him a Top 20 QB all time is most definitely not insulting.