• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has the statute of limitations run out for Peyton's sexual assault?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's one point where you guys are wrong on the technicalities but right on the substance -- finding various old filings online is hard.

That's not because they're sealed, so far as I can tell, contrary to what was said or implied in some earlier posts; they just aren't available, at least not easily.

You are somewhat right. In a settlement agreement all of the paperwork can be sealed if a judge deems it to need to be or at least parts where names and named they can have those redacted. In a settlement though they cannot have it sealed based on that it would be embarrassing for one side. There has to be another reason. Now because it is settled out of court though all of the paperwork can be agreed upon by both sides to remain hidden. They do not have to release it to the public. So sealed is not the right word but it is in the best interest of both parties usually in a settlement for the information to remain hidden. Usually lawsuits follow if the paperwork does get released because it breaks the agreement between the 2 sides.

Also most paperwork is actually destroyed these days after 10 years. Anything court related is usually deleted if a case is closed at that point.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of this bullshit would just disappear if the NFL had a farm system like MLB does. If there's a 5 star recruit who has never shown any interest in academics then why put him through some song and dance to get to the draft? If he washes out and at some point decides he wants to educate himself then maybe he'll take the whole learnin' thing a bit more seriously. If people don't feel like watching "sub-par" football that their colleges provide with true student athletes then just mothball the stadiums. Ending the dysfunctional relationship would be much more beneficial in the long run.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who claims they give a shit about some lady getting teabagged 20 years ago are as full of shit as the idiots who claimed they cared that Ray Rice's wife got KO'ed. You just use the situation to trash these guys and act as if you really care about the "victims".
I'm with you.
I don't care what happened 20 years ago.
I don't care about Peyton and his speculated HGH use.
I don't care about his wife's issues.
What I do care about is how lumpy the Manning's carpets have become recently.
It's purely a safety issue is why I mention it.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of this bullshit would just disappear if the NFL had a farm system like MLB does. If there's a 5 star recruit who has never shown any interest in academics then why put him through some song and dance to get to the draft? If he washes out and at some point decides he wants to educate himself then maybe he'll take the whole learnin' thing a bit more seriously. If people don't feel like watching "sub-par" football that their colleges provide with true student athletes then just mothball the stadiums. Ending the dysfunctional relationship would be much more beneficial in the long run.

That would require the NFL to actually invest money into said farm system. As it stands now, the colleges provide that. Not that colleges are getting the short end of the stick. The money they make off the athletes they've deemed illegal to pay is a very nice benefit.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Yes! The horrible truth that only he knew about HAD to be told!" - @Fencer

Somebody with your complete lack of integrity or scruples can be quite dangerous if he actually has some smarts.

It's a good thing that you're an idiot.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure what that has to do with the topic of this thread, but it's a stupid article anyway, as is any article on videotaping of opposing teams that doesn't point out it was UNQUESTIONABLY legal to do so for the vast majority of the period discussed.

I understand people disagreeing with my view that it was legal even after the league sent out a memo saying the opposite. My reasoning is that the league didn't really have the power to send that memo; you may disagree. But for most of the period in question, it was BY NO REASONABLE THEORY against the rules.

By way of contrast, the Broncos are known cheaters in the area of salary cap violations. This year's Super Bowl win is the first one in franchise history that may have been unaided by salary cap cheating.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too don't care all that much BUT...

Peyton recovers from neck surgery and has a record setting year.....followed immediately by a year where he completely physically breaks down and couldn't make it on a decent high school team

Now if one was to make an argument for hormone abuse hmmmmmm.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too don't care all that much BUT...

Peyton recovers from neck surgery and has a record setting year.....followed immediately by a year where he completely physically breaks down and couldn't make it on a decent high school team

Now if one was to make an argument for hormone abuse hmmmmmm.

Yep - couldn't perhaps be the fact that he is pushing 40 & injuries have a way of haunting you at the wrong time & can instantly break down just about any player - especially after the age of 35. Heck - Palmer had this type of transformation within the season. He went from MVP candidate to looking like one of the worst QBs in the NFL at the very end of the season and playoffs.

Your loyalty certainly is getting the best of you.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least we see a cause and effect unlike with Pats accusations.

Spygate gets stopped = Perfect season, no drop off in annual win/loss record

Balls get re-inflated = Second half trouncing increases, Superbowl win, 10-0 the next season.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Balls get re-inflated = Second half trouncing increases, Superbowl win, 10-0 the next season.

That's great & you are correct. However - why do you have to lump one set of incidents in with the other? Could it perhaps be that both set of allegations are wrong? I don't really get this whole mud slinging towards Manning/Broncos etc simply because you are a Pats or Newton supporter - why not just offer congrats and move on? You should just look forward to perhaps beating their team next season.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's great & you are correct. However - why do you have to lump one set of incidents in with the other? Could it perhaps be that both set of allegations are wrong? I don't really get this whole mud slinging towards Manning/Broncos etc simply because you are a Pats or Newton supporter - why not just offer congrats and move on? You should just look forward to perhaps beating their team next season.

Great post and spot on. I fuck with Manning in jest in response to Hammer's retarded shit.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly respect fans like you NEhomer. Also - like him or hate him you have to admit that Brady is one of the greatest QBs ever. It just sounds stupid to state otherwise.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly respect fans like you NEhomer. Also - like him or hate him you have to admit that Brady is one of the greatest QBs ever. It just sounds stupid to state otherwise.

:thumb:

The whole greatest QB ever is a bore of a conversation for me. I'm fine with Brady being one of the greats among the others including Peyton. I don't need to shred Montana and I'm actually very happy for Manning getting a second ring. He truly deserves it and aside from that retard Malibu, SportsHoopla Broncs fans are tops so I'm pleased for them too.

What I do actually find interesting is that for a spell I thought Hammer was genuinely a Manning fan but this SB proves that all he gives a shit about is ripping on the Pats. Manning has simply been his best hope. The very night Peyton won the SB, we saw not one word of congrats from Hammer. Instead he immediately started spurting off threads dissing Brady.

Weak.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what that has to do with the topic of this thread, but it's a stupid article anyway, as is any article on videotaping of opposing teams that doesn't point out it was UNQUESTIONABLY legal to do so for the vast majority of the period discussed.

I understand people disagreeing with my view that it was legal even after the league sent out a memo saying the opposite. My reasoning is that the league didn't really have the power to send that memo; you may disagree. But for most of the period in question, it was BY NO REASONABLE THEORY against the rules.

By way of contrast, the Broncos are known cheaters in the area of salary cap violations. This year's Super Bowl win is the first one in franchise history that may have been unaided by salary cap cheating.

So the NFL doesn't have the power to set the rules? You're really doubling down on stupid, aren't you?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:thumb:

The whole greatest QB ever is a bore of a conversation for me. I'm fine with Brady being one of the greats among the others including Peyton. I don't need to shred Montana and I'm actually very happy for Manning getting a second ring. He truly deserves it and aside from that retard Malibu, SportsHoopla Broncs fans are tops so I'm pleased for them too.

What I do actually find interesting is that for a spell I thought Hammer was genuinely a Manning fan but this SB proves that all he gives a shit about is ripping on the Pats. Manning has simply been his best hope. The very night Peyton won the SB, we saw not one word of congrats from Hammer. Instead he immediately started spurting off threads dissing Brady.

Weak.
We all have a few idiots in our fanbase. We have Malibu and that guy who left the Broncos board and always criticizes them who's name I can't remember. You guys have Fencer and Rock (although at least Rock is sometimes entertaining).

Fortunately, most fans are more like you (who for being called NEhomer, you really aren't much of a homer) and Sonnyblack. It's fun to argue and debate but I think at the end of the day there's a level of respect.

And I, too, get tired of the constant who's the best debates. Like this year, I keep seeing articles about how this Broncos defense ranks among all time defenses. And frankly I just really don't care. We had a great defense that dragged a pathetic offense to the Super Bowl. The 2013 Seahawks had a great defense. So did the 2002 Bucs, and the 2000 Ravens, and the 85 Bears. Can't we just acknowledge that all of them were great without have to rank them?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see unbiased journalism still doesn't exist, because as we all know when an article only posts 1 side of a story that 100% means the other party is guilty.

I'd hate to hear what this writer thinks of what high school athletes do to the younger classmen, probably call for the death penalty.
He did it.

Full on octopused her.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Many times, cheaters do it just because they can...not because they have to. Lance Armstrong didn't need to cheat either.