• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has the statute of limitations run out for Peyton's sexual assault?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is saying that. I'm sure Manning has his skeletons just like everyone else.

However, the King story was utter crap and deserves to be treated as such.

"No, it's pure journalistic gold!" - @Fencer

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole thing comes down to the Broncos led by Manning, not getting verbal consent before proceeding to fuck Cam & the Panthers into submission. Had that not happened, Shaun King never writes his Manning hit piece.

sb50.jpg

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, come on. You're still pretending that she didn't give a deposition IN THE ORIGINAL CASE. Given that, I really have no interest in what you say as to the matter of anybody's credibility.
She has 3 different times from what I can tell in 1996 that she has a written or recorded statement on the ordeal and in none of them does she mention physical contact except for her pushing him away. Same story recorded over and over with no mention. Then 8 years later a different story shows up. In the court of law they would have easily thrown out the physical contact part since it wasn't a part of her original sworn statement. That is fact

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Shaun King is an American hero for courageously exposing this dangerous sexual predator!" - @Fencer (with Patriots nation behind him shouting encouragement)

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Shaun King is an American hero for courageously exposing this dangerous sexual predator!" - @Fencer (with Patriots nation behind him shouting encouragement)

That's not true. I don't care for and haven't read any of the article from King. Nor do I care for a level 4 or 5 sexual predator, don't think rehab helps those even 20 years later

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the one that seems to not know what is going on. This discussion is separate from the Title IX lawsuit. In the Title IX suit, there are definitely serious accusations & crimes that took place. The 96 Manning case was just added on to bolster their case, but in no way can it be looked at in the same spectrum as the other cases cited in the Title IX lawsuit.

What do you mean about "I don't know what I'm talking about". There's no point talking about the accuser or even bringing her up. Peyton paid her and neither can say anything publicly about that or each other now. This is a Tennessee thing at this point and he was named. Maybe they try to drag them on the stand but I don't see how the hell they could justify that when probably none of the people are still with the program today.

What I find funny is the whole "money grubber" knee jerk reactions to any sort of accusation of misconduct by players from fan boys who can't grasp the fact that there's a ton of arrogant jerks in big time sports, and especially with this case when one of the players on the team is accusing other teammates of targeting him because he did the right thing.

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No.

We haven't.

I guess we're just not "progressive" like you.

Not to mention homosexual.

Good one. That was very clever. I say that calling someone gay as an insult is not really acceptable, and you turned the tables on me and say that I am homosexual. Well played, never saw that coming.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He knows exactly what is going on. He is speaking directly to the 2003 defamation case in which she sued the Mannings for defamation.

The title IX against Tennessee just brought the 2003 case to the forefront for scum like Mr. King.

tumblr_m43fenS4rJ1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not me. I've already said my peace on this thread and the "accuser" so I don't need to say anything else.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean about "I don't know what I'm talking about". There's no point talking about the accuser or even bringing her up. Peyton paid her and neither can say anything publicly about that or each other now. This is a Tennessee thing at this point and he was named. Maybe they try to drag them on the stand but I don't see how the hell they could justify that when probably none of the people are still with the program today.

What I find funny is the whole "money grubber" knee jerk reactions to any sort of accusation of misconduct by players from fan boys who can't grasp the fact that there's a ton of arrogant jerks in big time sports, and especially with this case when one of the players on the team is accusing other teammates of targeting him because he did the right thing.

1st: I am no fan boy and in no way a Manning fan
2nd: @Davis_Mike already pointed out what I was referring too
3rd: where did anyone on this thread say there aren't a ton of arrogant jerks out there?
4th: Why shouldn't she be brought up? She isn't "part" of everything?

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's one point where you guys are wrong on the technicalities but right on the substance -- finding various old filings online is hard.

That's not because they're sealed, so far as I can tell, contrary to what was said or implied in some earlier posts; they just aren't available, at least not easily.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st: I am no fan boy and in no way a Manning fan
2nd: @Davis_Mike already pointed out what I was referring too
3rd: where did anyone on this thread say there aren't a ton of arrogant jerks out there?
4th: Why shouldn't she be brought up? She isn't "part" of everything?

This was all resolved. One of the guys there refuted his explanations of the event. He paid her. The university paid her as well. Then he came up with another story for his stupid book and he paid her again. How many times does an idiot have to pay an accuser before people clue in that the idiot did what he was accused of?

They resolved it. The reason neither is saying anything about it is because they're legally obligated. I think it's kind of screwed that he's basically stuck here with his hands behind his back when the real issue is Tennessee football. But given the fact that he paid out twice (and the woman who accused him basically committed career suicide by doing so) leads me to believe that he was definitely the asshole in this situation.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was all resolved. One of the guys there refuted his explanations of the event. He paid her. The university paid her as well. Then he came up with another story for his stupid book and he paid her again. How many times does an idiot have to pay an accuser before people clue in that the idiot did what he was accused of?

They resolved it. The reason neither is saying anything about it is because they're legally obligated. I think it's kind of screwed that he's basically stuck here with his hands behind his back when the real issue is Tennessee football. But given the fact that he paid out twice (and the woman who accused him basically committed career suicide by doing so) leads me to believe that he was definitely the asshole in this situation.

I hear ya, not saying Manning is innocent or anything like that. Something happened which is clear... But I completely understand what you are saying

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean about "I don't know what I'm talking about". There's no point talking about the accuser or even bringing her up.

If you don't believe that the accuser & her 2003 sworn documents are relevant, then yeah "you don't know what you are talking about". If it wasn't for those documents being emailed to Mr. King & then him misconstruing their actual meaning, his propaganda would have never been written. He then wouldn't have doubled down on stupid with his rebuttal to all the backlash from a large amount of well-respected journalists & lawyers.

Peyton paid her and neither can say anything publicly about that or each other now. This is a Tennessee thing at this point and he was named. Maybe they try to drag them on the stand but I don't see how the hell they could justify that when probably none of the people are still with the program today.

The 96 incident was added to the Title IX suit to bolster their case. Even if the 96 incident doesn't really belong along side the other incidents, the more substantiated claims of bias, the better for their case.

For one, she has a history of suing people for money. A history of suing celebrities. So questioning her motives is indeed fair game.

You really are missing the ball here. Many, if not most of the people in this thread couldn't care less about Manning or the Broncos. What many have issue with are the blatant lies & misrepresentation the the facts surrounding the 96 & 2003 cases, along with the assertions from the writer of the hit piece of trash & the defenders of his propaganda.

You might want to look in the mirror & wipe some of that Manning hate off your face before you go too far down the rabbit hole.

Again, this isn't about the facts of what may have happened in 96, that case is already settled. It's about poor journalism & those who will defend that poor journalism at all costs if fits with their ideals.

Last edited:

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll type this question one more time in this thread.

If the Panthers would have won the SB, which resulted in Cam not acting like a petulant child, would Shaun King have wrote that hit piece?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Panthers would have won the SB, which resulted in Cam not acting like a petulant child, would Shaun King have wrote that hit piece?

Yes. I'm really not sure what the SB has to do with the lawsuit that Manning was named in.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think so.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Yes! The horrible truth that only he knew about HAD to be told!" - @Fencer