• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has the SEC hatred lessened the last couple of years??

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in 2013, was it the ACC? Who?

2014, was it the Big10? Seemed like it was all Ohio St that year.

Last year I guess could be debatable, except who you gonna put in there? The ACC? The Big10 when their champion got blown out 38-0? The Pac12 who didn't even make the playoffs? The Big12?

This year is the year I feel the Big10 is better overall at the top. More teams doing well = better.

Honestly, if it wasn't midnight I would prob do a half ass analysis. Id prob refer Phil Steele though. I dunno how good he is now, but he's historically been pretty good with his predictions and stats.
Maybe you were the best in 2013? Who knows. It's certainly not clear cut. Not really that important at the end of the day either. Just non champion conference nut swingers pride on the line :P .

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny enough, the "hype" stopped as soon as the SEC wasn't doing as well.

Coincidence? Nope, not according to some - it's the cause!

:lol:

I never noticed any hype stopping.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I don't know where you get the idea that I think all those good SEC years were hype, I never said that. I said its turned into hype that's carried over past the glory years. That what people notice and mock about ESPN/CBS.

It's not that complicated, I'll let you in on the secret.

They nutswing whoever is doing best at the time. Because of fans of teams having success watch more than those of teams that do not. They'll nutswing the Big10 for awhile now, and then they'll nutswing some USC if they do well, and they'll nutswing some Oklahoma and Texas and Michigan, and Ohio St and blah blah blah.

It's what they do. And it should be obvious to anyone who's watched college football for the past 17 years or longer.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are the best sometimes and not the best sometimes

has been like that forever. peaks and valleys like errybody else

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that complicated, I'll let you in on the secret.

They nutswing whoever is doing best at the time. Because of fans of teams having success watch more than those of teams that do not. They'll nutswing the Big10 for awhile now, and then they'll nutswing some USC if they do well, and they'll nutswing some Oklahoma and Texas and Michigan, and Ohio St and blah blah blah.

It's what they do. And it should be obvious to anyone who's watched college football for the past 17 years or longer.

Well, it's a bit diff now with conference cheerleading, bit of a different beast then before, when they hyped cache programs. I hope it don't turn into cyclical conference touting by ESPN. Idc who it is, that shits stupid.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, if it wasn't midnight I would prob do a half ass analysis. Id prob refer Phil Steele though. I dunno how good he is now, but he's historically been pretty good with his predictions and stats.
Maybe you were the best in 2013? Who knows. It's certainly not clear cut. Not really that important at the end of the day either. Just non champion conference nut swingers pride on the line :P .

Phil Steele is a joke.

And I have never really met many people who were actual "Team SEC Fans". It was usually just people responding to the stupid shit people would claim out of butthurt.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Steele is a joke.

And I have never really met many people who were actual "Team SEC Fans". It was usually just people responding to the stupid shit people would claim out of butthurt.

I wish I could say the same, I know some team SEC types. And i'm from Canada lol.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, after coming over here from See BS, I have not seen near the Team SEC nutswinging as I did in that shit hole. Maybe it has still been here but it was so toned down as compared to that place that I didn't even recognize it?

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Steele is a joke.

regarding Mr Steele (keep in mind this is pre 2014) but who the hell was/is better? He was even statistically shown to be the most accurate predictor of all the major magazines.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
regarding Mr Steele (keep in mind this is pre 2014) but who the hell was/is better? He was even statistically shown to be the most accurate predictor of all the major magazines.

I don't know. To be honest, I quit reading and watching that crap years ago.

He's just another guy, who happened to put his stuff out in a magazine. He's no more an expert to me than anyone on this forum would be. Might as well be just another guy who posts all their preseason outlooks and predictions here. At least those guys you can question or call out if you want.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. To be honest, I quit reading and watching that crap years ago.

He's just another guy, who happened to put his stuff out in a magazine. He's no more an expert to me than anyone on this forum would be. Might as well be just another guy who posts all their preseason outlooks and predictions here. At least those guys you can question or call out if you want.

part of the reason I stopped reading those too. Just people making predictions that have the same accuracy as a blind panda picking teams lol. Although I did like Steele's mag because of the in depth-ness of each team, and he usually did know what he was talking about to a point (when he wasn't bragging about an obvious call he got right lol). Good depth charts and position outlooks for games with teams I didn't know much about. Just can't be bothered anymore to read it though lol. Too busy.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson over Washington for the championship......and Auburn will win the SEC next year......guaranteed!

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you need to talk to the non Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Florida fans.......they're around

woof, lol

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to rank conferences THIS YEAR, here is how they would stack up:

1. ACC
2. B1G/SEC (B1G has a soft schedule so it is really hard to tell how good they are overall. Everyone is saying they are overrated and that could be true, we will see).
4. Pac12
5. Big12

SEC is struggling right now because Tennessee didn't live up to hype, LSU is down, Florida is getting owned in Florida recruiting by FSU, and Georgia fired their best coach in 25 years, and Texas A&M collapsing at the end of every season.

There is no excuse for Florida, Georgia, and LSU to be as bad as they are right now with the in-state recruiting ability, fanbase, and money of these programs. Auburn and Tennessee should be better as well (although they lack the in-state recruiting advantage of the three mentioned).

Florida is the worse case. I don't think Jim McElwain is a very good coach. They cannot keep getting embarrassed by FSU. IMO, that game is a MUST WIN for Florida next year or he should be gone.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, after coming over here from See BS, I have not seen near the Team SEC nutswinging as I did in that shit hole. Maybe it has still been here but it was so toned down as compared to that place that I didn't even recognize it?
Who were you on CBS? I kinda miss the game chats. Trolling during Tigers games lol.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the same name.
Ahh ok. Did you ever chat in gamecenters? I think Handicappers is Dr Phil from back in the day. I remember royals fans like dbums55 also. Broncosmitty as well.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh ok. Did you ever chat in gamecenters? I think Handicappers is Dr Phil from back in the day. I remember royals fans like dbums55 also. Broncosmitty as well.

Not usually. I did more just reading and shaking my head and laughing at some of the stuff that guys like DarkBoys, Spinkiller and that crazy South Carolina fan with 45 alts would troll people with.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not usually. I did more just reading and shaking my head and laughing at some of the stuff that guys like DarkBoys, Spinkiller and that crazy South Carolina fan with 45 alts would troll people with.
The SCe fan was Cassells. Dude was a moron. Whatever happen to Spinkiller? Huge Oklahoma homer.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SCe fan was Cassells. Dude was a moron. Whatever happen to Spinkiller? Huge Oklahoma homer.

I have no idea. He never did get over that bowl loss to Boise State. Dude needed therapy over that game. Most obsessed Boise State hater I have ever seen.