• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has the SEC hatred lessened the last couple of years??

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think right now the SEC is the best conference? You all had an amazing run but its been over for years now. ESPN still talks like its 2006-2013.
Years?
I think this year the B1G edged out the SEC because it was a down year but it's not by a wide margin and nothing that can't flip back very quickly.

No one else is close. Auburn was 8-4 and was one play away from beating Clemson while rotating 3 QBs.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Years?
I think this year the B1G edged out the SEC because it was a down year but it's not by a wide margin and nothing that can't flip back very quickly.

No one else is close. Auburn was 8-4 and was one play away from beating Clemson while rotating 3 QBs.

Pitt beat Clemson and Miami beat Pitt, so does that mean Miami is better then Clemson? Lol. ACC is deep deep deep don't you know? :P

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitt beat Clemson and Miami beat Pitt, so does that mean Miami is better then Clemson? Lol. ACC is deep deep deep don't you know? :P
And KY beat Louisville who hammered FSU.

Kentucky mind you.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And KY beat Louisville who hammered FSU.

Kentucky mind you.

Miami almost beat FSU and Miami sucks lol. But I guess it means team SEC is greatest. All bow down! :P

Jokes aside, outside of Bama, the SEC has not been amazing (not bad mind you, still in running for best conference) since Scams left. The hype on ESPN has not died though. That's the problem, and most people realize that shite. This year, SEC is brutal outside of bama.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I never got all this Conference circle jerking... I mean, you want your teams to be relevant i suppose. But i'm not gonna sit there and cheer my rival to win it all. As long as my teams take care of business, it'll work out.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC is still the best conference.

I don't "hate" the conference, but I do laugh at their fans.

Everything in their heart, faith, and being HAS to be the SEC as the best.

If not? What else do they have?

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami almost beat FSU and Miami sucks lol. But I guess it means team SEC is greatest. All bow down! :P

Jokes aside, outside of Bama, the SEC has not been amazing (not bad mind you, still in running for best conference) since Scams left. The hype on ESPN has not died though. That's the problem, and most people realize that shite. This year, SEC is brutal outside of bama.
The year Bama beat ND Georgia took them to the wire in the SECG and would have won the NCG.
Bama knocked LSU out several times or they would have won.
Auburn lost by 1 point with 13 seconds left without Cam.

It hasn't been all Bama.

It's a weak argument to say the SEC has been down any year the last 2 decades except for this one.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I never got all this Conference circle jerking... I mean, you want your teams to be relevant i suppose. But i'm not gonna sit there and cheer my rival to win it all. As long as my teams take care of business, it'll work out.
I hope Bama gets hammered but I'm not going to sit here a let you lump my team into the conference and then act like we are all second rate. I'm not out here conference thumping but I'm not going to eat the shit your tossing either. And it is shit.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The year Bama beat ND Georgia took them to the wire in the SECG and would have won the NCG.

It hasn't been all Bama.

It's a weak argument to say the SEC has been down any year the last 2 decades except for this one.

2 decades!... Guess that 05 Georgia losing to West Va (I think) and 3-3 overall record and that 2013 0-2 BCS bowl record don't count... And that's just off the top of my head. 2 decades.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Bama gets hammered but I'm not going to sit here a let you lump my team into the conference and then act like we are all second rate. I'm not out here conference thumping but I'm not going to eat the shit your tossing either. And it is shit.

You guys are not the best conference anymore... that does not equal second rate. Only someone with an inferiority complex would take it as such lol.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: @ all the butthurt fucks who think because the SEC isn't as good now it means they were obviously over-rated the past decade.

With that, the answer to the OP's question is answered - Nope, they still butthurt as fuck.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are not the best conference anymore... that does not equal second rate. Only someone with an inferiority complex would take it as such lol.
When you are making ignorant comments that the SEC has been down for years and that it's only hype from ESPN that props the conference up....don't get mad when I call your shit out.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you are making ignorant comments that the SEC has been down for years and that it's only hype from ESPN that props the conference up....don't get mad when I call your shit out.

There is a portion to a book dedicated to this, I don't think its something i'm making up. ESPN has overyped a few SEC teams last few years. Nowhere near as rich as your 2 decades of no down-ness comment. Unreal.

Anyway, SEC had a great run, still an excellent conference, but stupidly overrated atm. Bama gonna crush everyone though.

Edit: Can't seem to get amazon link for book to work, it's "Better off without em" By Chuck Thompson, for those interested :P . Has a section about SEC football.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, I'd say those with an inferiority complex would do things like pretending the other teams were better only because of hype while ignoring they generally beat everyone else on the field.

You know, having to create a reality in which you aren't actually inferior, rather than accept the one where you clearly are.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC is still the best conference.

I don't "hate" the conference, but I do laugh at their fans.

Everything in their heart, faith, and being HAS to be the SEC as the best.

If not? What else do they have?

It hasn't been all Bama.

:lol: @ all the butthurt fucks who think because the SEC isn't as good now it means they were obviously over-rated the past decade.

With that, the answer to the OP's question is answered - Nope, they still butthurt as fuck.

Could not have been more poignant.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could not have been more poignant.

I don't think the SEC is the best conference this year. At least not at the top overall. Maybe at the bottom, but meh.

LSU losing to Wisconsin fucked any basis of such arguments.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I'd say those with an inferiority complex would do things like pretending the other teams were better only because of hype while ignoring they generally beat everyone else on the field.

You know, having to create a reality in which you aren't actually inferior, rather than accept the one where you clearly are.

I just try to be honest (and maybe funny when I can?). I don't see how anyone can say the SEC has been the clear best last few years. Not since 2012 maybe? Certainly not this year.

Bowl games are a piss stat to tout anyway. Too many variables involved, team's not wanting to be at bowls etc.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just try to be honest (and maybe funny when I can?). I don't see how anyone can say the SEC has been the clear best last few years. Not since 2012 maybe? Certainly not this year.

Bowl games are a piss stat to tout anyway. Too many variables involved, team's not wanting to be at bowls etc.

So in 2013, was it the ACC? Who?

2014, was it the Big10? Seemed like it was all Ohio St that year.

Last year I guess could be debatable, except who you gonna put in there? The ACC? The Big10 when their champion got blown out 38-0? The Pac12 who didn't even make the playoffs? The Big12?

This year is the year I feel the Big10 is better overall at the top. More teams doing well = better.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, I don't know where you get the idea that I think all those good SEC years were hype, I never said that. I said its turned into hype that's carried over past the glory years. That what people notice and mock about ESPN/CBS.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny enough, the "hype" stopped as soon as the SEC wasn't doing as well.

Coincidence? Nope, not according to some - it's the cause!

:lol: